Sign in to follow this  
MrSpeaker

New Forums

Love the design, I find it easier to read, overall really impressed, thanks
Looks definitely good. It´s soemhow faster as the old one. But on the other hand a bit more confusing in usage as the old one. I think I just have to accustom to the new design.

Messageboard "homepage" now far more cluttered than before. There's MUCH more scrolling involved to find the sections I'm interested in browsing. The front page enhancement would be a nice the messageboard only hosted 5-6 actual forums, but considering AVSIM hosts DOZENS upon DOZENS, the list is lengthy and unwieldy. The right-side column with the recent posts widget and calendar is a contributing factor to this. I'll search the config/settings options I have as a user to see if I can disable it but if not, I'd like to petition that the right-hand "recent posts" and calendar be scratched - considering the size and scope of the messageboard, the "recent posts" list is exceptionally diluted, and the calendar isn't terribly useful either. I like the "Load more topics" option as an alternative to clicking on "next page". Otherwise, looks sharp! -Greg Editing my own post: YES, you CAN close up that right-side column. Hover over the top of that column, and you will see an AJAX style control appear. The universal "close window"-style "X" icon will fade in up at the top right corner of the column. You can then close that column down (and re-open it) at a whim.

I just love the look of the new forums. I am on many boards and the new Avsim forums are by far the most enjoyable to look at, great features, very very nice job !!! Mark.

Mark   CYYZ      

The forums look great. Well done to all involved. Applause.gif

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke, Fulcrum TQ (pre-production).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Btw. I´m just curious whether this forum software update was planned for a long time.

Just a quick note to say that the "Sign In" button does not work on the main forum page. I have to access one of the sub forums to do it.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Just a quick note to say that the "Sign In" button does not work on the main forum page. I have to access one of the sub forums to do it.
Yeah, encountered the same. Log in via fb works.

Congatulations and thank you!I love the new forums too. thumbsup2.gif

Hi Christopher, I tried to replicate your finding but was unable to. I logged out, went to main forum page, in the right hand corner selected "Sign in," filled out login information on the pop up window, and voila here I am. What browser do you use?

Internet Explorer 9. Actually, I just checked your method, and it worked. However, I have to sign in to the forums every day (even with the "remember me" box ticked), and the "Sign In" button on the main forum page doesn't work when I do this.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Christopher, Try adding forum.avsim.net to your trusted list in IE9. Are you familiar with this process?

That didn't work, but it doesn't really matter. I have noticed that, if I switch to a sub forum and then go back to the main forum page, the "Sign In" button works! Very strange.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

That didn't work, but it doesn't really matter. I have noticed that, if I switch to a sub forum and then go back to the main forum page, the "Sign In" button works! Very strange.
Try deleting your cookies for avsim.net and letting them get reset it sounds like it may be an issue with it thinking they belong to a different address and not sending them.

Brian Sperduto