Sign in to follow this  
RPRIEVER

Which NGX items will NOT be simulated?

Why don't you read Robert's full statement on RNP approaches?
Not sure who Robert is? Can you point me in the right direction?

Robert is the pope of PMDG. In fact, look for the white smoke coming from the chimney the day the NGX is released, and he'll be there.

Not sure who Robert is? Can you point me in the right direction?
Robert S. Randazzo. (username: rsrandazzo)Filter his posts on the subject of RNP, there are but a few.

WX Radar.
That would be really a nice to have, if it didn't kill fps.

Its not possible within the limits of the game that's why they didn't add it

That would be really a nice to have, if it didn't kill fps.
If it worked, which it cant. I have three aircraft that have a Wx Radar and they are absolutly worthless. Do not offer any usable information regarding the flight and safety of the aircraft.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

Sexy and beautiful stewardess giving you (their Captain)LOL.gif their mobile number waiting for a date... Ciao Andrea

and we'd have to purchase the charts
If you look around, the AIPs (Aerodrome Information Packages) are freely available from official sources - no purchase required. There isn't a chart in nDAC not available from a legitimate online resource.
Its not possible within the limits of the game that's why they didn't add it
I'm bored of reading this. FSX is limited. In fact, the FSX flight model is wildly inaccurate, but it doesn't stop anyone developing add-ons. Best regards,Robin.

If it worked, which it cant. I have three aircraft that have a Wx Radar and they are absolutly worthless. Do not offer any usable information regarding the flight and safety of the aircraft.
Correct, I share. Also myself have tried third party wx radars addons to no avail. Not to mention I all of a sudden reduced my fps to 1 digit..... BTW I also always wandered which is the criteria that leads a real pilot when approaching a large " pink " on its wx radar...I mean trying to gain altitude ? pass around ? Never had the chance to read it on the web, above all the variables involved when taking such a decision....

Well with real Wx radar you can control the pitch of the beam, so it can be determined where it is safe, above or below. Of course to break altitude, ATC clearence is required and so they may make the decision for you. And if it is a thunderhead, which for the most part, is impossible to climb and fly over, you are going to need to divert laterally, which again brings ATC into play.

No word yet about the Pogo Stick ??

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

ATC clearence is required and so they may make the decision for you.
Mmhhh........when safety of passengers, crew and a multi milions dollars plane are involved are you sure a captain must follow ATC about the final decision on what to do ? Thee is also an economic aspect. Nowdays captains are more and more stressed by companies about fuel saving and each storm is different from another storm so I assume the decision is taken together with the the captain.

Mmhhh........when safety of passengers, crew and a multi milions dollars plane are involved are you sure a captain must follow ATC about the final decision on what to do ?
Considering you don't want to fly into another aircraft, yes. You filed a flight plan, and you fly what you file. You want to change your flight plan, you must have clearence. You tell ATC that you appear to have some bad weather coming up ahead, can you deviate. They will say yes, you are allowed to deviate x NM left right from the airway. ATC has weather as well mind you. If the storm is there and established, they may alter your flight plan upon clearence request, but at the end of the day, ATC has to be involved in the decision, otherwise all hell would break loose verytime bad weather shows up.

but at the end of the day, ATC has to be involved in the decision, otherwise all hell would break loose verytime bad weather shows up.
The key word is coordination. Pilot has to coordinate with ATC. However in extreme situations pilot can initiate immediate action without being cleared by ATC- for example sudden de-pressurization descent. But I would never use the words you used above: Of course to break altitude, ATC clearence is required and so they may make the decision for you. The reading of this can be very misleading.