Sign in to follow this  
fushi

Which is better for PMDG 737NGX?

Captain, Whichi is better 64bit or 32bit of Windows 7 for the PMDG 737NGX?

64bit. With 32bit you'll be fighting out of memory errors.

As i said in another post, i noticed a considerable inmprovement in FSX when i went from 2GB to 6GB of ram and installed Win7 64bit I had been getting a few OOM errors every now and then

I have had no OOM errors since i got win 7 64, and my system is pretty old and with only 4 gb ram. I also get higher FPS. Around 30 with PMDG MD-11

I had daily crashes with 32 bit version and PDMG 747 due to low memory and ZERO crashes on low memory now with Win & 64 bit.

Paul Gugliotta

You have to be going pretty nuts in the .cfg file to get OOM errors in Win 7 x64. It can be done though. I have done it, trying to go over limits in terms of LOD and autogen buildings and things like that. But yes, 64-bit is the clear way to go. And FSX runs great in Win 7 64bit.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

In a new 32 bit Vista install using 4 gig RAM, tamed with UAC turned off and one or two other bits n pieces, I get OOM errors. But then I get them in other OS types too. After using the USERVA trick and increasing Virtual Memory to the max advised by Windows under a custom setting, instead of allowing Windows to run it I no longer get OOM errors. I feel so confident with this now I know its going to stop them, I don`t just hope and pray. I`ve been doing it a long time now with many hardware/software installs and variations. Its an old tried and trusted trick which, at least for me, always works.

You have to be going pretty nuts in the .cfg file to get OOM errors in Win 7 x64. It can be done though. I have done it, trying to go over limits in terms of LOD and autogen buildings and things like that. But yes, 64-bit is the clear way to go. And FSX runs great in Win 7 64bit.
Definetly agree, i was getting OOMs nearly every other day before i stopped. Since going 64 ive had zero.

I get OOM errors every now and then, especially using certain 2d-panel heavy addons like the ConcX. FSX apparently has a memory leak when a 2d panel is opened and closed many times in one flight, so it can def happen on a 64bit os.

As i said in another post, i noticed a considerable inmprovement in FSX when i went from 2GB to 6GB of ram and installed Win7 64bit I had been getting a few OOM errors every now and then
Wait, I'm a little confused here, is FSX a 64bit app?If not, how is more than 4gb ram being utilized?I'm big into iracing.com online racing, and thats a 32bit app.I WAS running it on Win 7 64bit with 8gb ram, but tested it also on the same box with XP and 4gb, and got faster benches with XP.I've been away from home flight simulation for several years, but last month bought FSX Acceleration and put it on my iracing XP 4gb machine and added the 3gb switch.Only time I've gotten the out of memory notice was flying out of KSEA with the Orbx PNW scenery. After seeing those NGX vids on a 2500K clocked to 4.4gb, I've resolved its time yet once again to build a dedicated flightsim box, but it seems if FSX is only a 32bit app, buying more than 4gb ram would be futile, unless I'm missing something here.Please enlighten me :) Chris Strobel

Chris Strobel KSNA

original.jpg