Sign in to follow this  
steve inwood

Gear Up Sound.

Just wanted to aks you a question PMDG.? As everyone else is firing questions about this beuatiful plane your about to release. I would like to ask if you have got the classic gear up howling sound as the wheels hit the pads in the deck. Thank you. P.s Once again well done lads for all your hard work really looking forward to flying this baby..

Imagine if they modelled increasing Flap rumble with increased drag, I think they'd create this, I'm not sure, but most payware aircraft have this, heck some freeware have this, I think the NGX has it, though it's something I could live without, also if it eases your mind think about the fact that they recorded sounds for most knobs in the cockpit!Amazing work they did here.

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

Imagine if they modelled increasing Flap rumble with increased drag, I think they'd create this, I'm not sure, but most payware aircraft have this, heck some freeware have this, I think the NGX has it, though it's something I could live without, also if it eases your mind think about the fact that they recorded sounds for most knobs in the cockpit!Amazing work they did here.
did they really record real sounds in a real plane?

yes they did

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

The Spin brakes are indeed modeled so you will hear the tires hit the pads and spin down after takeoff.

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Thats amazing :)

did they really record real sounds in a real plane?
yes and lots of them. Well over 500 sounds recorded from a real NG are in the sim. You should hear what Armen has done with the engine sounds right throughout the thrust range. The guy is a genius!

- Jane Whittaker

even more excited :) didn't think it was possible to be so amped :D

Not only do you hear the tires hit the snubbers, but it's actually modelled realistically depending on whether the tires are actually spinning. If you wait a while to retract the gear you won't hear it because the tires have stopped rotating. Likewise extending and retracting the gear in flight (ex - go arounds) also will not have the sound since the tires were never spinning in the first place.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Shocked.gif

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Not only do you hear the tires hit the snubbers, but it's actually modelled realistically depending on whether the tires are actually spinning. If you wait a while to retract the gear you won't hear it because the tires have stopped rotating. Likewise extending and retracting the gear in flight (ex - go arounds) also will not have the sound since the tires were never spinning in the first place.
Fantastic. Love the attention to detail. Then again - I should probably stop being suprised. Attention to detail seems to be exactly what you guys do best. Chris.

Nick did talk about this in his exteral walk around video....

wooooow this plane is so realistic I don't think you even need to add the warning -DON'T USE FOR REAL WORLD AVIATION-!; it won'tmake any difference!

Just wanted to aks you a question PMDG.? As everyone else is firing questions about this beuatiful plane your about to release. I would like to ask if you have got the classic gear up howling sound as the wheels hit the pads in the deck. Thank you. P.s Once again well done lads for all your hard work really looking forward to flying this baby..
The new vidweo posted by AoA answers your question about the "howling sound" when the nose gear is retracted. You bet you bottom its modeled and its sounds 100% like it does in all my real life videos! Watch and Drool hehe http://www.flyaoamed...737ngx-takeoff/ Wheels up at just around 33 mins 40 sec.