Sign in to follow this  
danira

Yoke recommendations

@Daniel: Please do. I found a place in spain to order it from as well.Price is 655 euro + shipping 85 euro, so 740 euro altogether which is quite a bit more than the price you suggest,so I am very interested in the price you finally have to pay. Helge

Helge Rasmussen

Found what the problem was with the Saitek Yoke. Daniel, I see that you've already ordered a yoke so this info may not benefit you, but I'm going to post it anyway in case it helps someone, especially since a lot of people that I am aware of have given up using the Saitek Yoke because of the problem I've described above. I'll do my best to explain the solution from what my friend told me (who is a PC hardware technician). Okay, so it seems that the Saitek's connection cord from the computer doesn't have enough voltage to "transmit" the information from the Yoke to the PC. Because of this, the information sent from the yoke to the PC becomes erroneous and this is why the aileron axis drifts to the right thus ruining everything. So the yoke needs an additional 5 Volt/1.5A to make the "information" go from the yoke to the PC freely. Notice that the yoke has a 5V/1.5A power port. In this port you need to plug in a modified PC power supply or whatever else you can find that can "feed" 5 Volts into the yoke. From here on, everything just works perfectly. Even though English is not my primary language, hope I did a pretty good job with this explanation and hopefully it can help somebody who has the same issues. The Saitek Yoke is my favourite now, but I still would not recommend it over the CH unless you have at least some technical knowledge. Regarding the PFC yokes, I would really like to test them one day but so far I have never owned one. Blue Skies!Marius

Marius Petrascu

I've had 2 Saitek Yokes, had to send both back, due to "sticking" issues making it impossible to smoothly change pitch. Decided to stick with my X52 Pro, which I like. But would dearly like a decent smooth Yoke.

Paul Skol

@crosswind: I read some of your posts in other yoke threads, where you mentioned that you feel very comfortable with the PFC yoke. Unfortunately, I cannot afford the column yoke and the 737 yoke seems way too expansive, as it is the same as the other desktop yoke just with another handle. So all in all, I ordered the PFC Cirrus Saab Yoke, which is nearly formed like the 737 handle and it has also the buttons I need for trim and ptt.Thank you everyone for your comment on this issue. I'm going to do an in depth review when it will have been arrived. Greetings from Germany
Daniel, Great to hear that you made a PFC choice.. You are correct the desktop Saab yoke is pretty much the same, although the column yoke gives a different feel, but accomplishes the same task. Let me know how you like your new yoke when it arrives.

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

I have had the same CH Product yoke and pedals since 2004 and they both work just like they did out of the box. A friend of mine who no longer uses FS gave me his saitek yoke. One problem is a bit bigger then the CH one so it did not fit on my desk. I also do not like the feel of that yoke in my hand. The CH product one for me is more comfortable and in my little real life flying I feel that in my hand it feels better and more realistic.The pedals are not the best and they are pretty easy to move and are close together. But again I have been using these pedals since 2004! And they work just like they did. So if you want something that will last years and years CH Product is a good bet.Steven Herzberg

@ Simeon: I'll keep you updated. Currently the timeshift annoys me. tongue.png As it makes communication with someone in CA a bit difficult. @ AJ: A bit off topic, but I saw you made a EZDOK vibration file. Is there a read me file included, which explains how to install it? As the yoke exhausted my budget entirely, I have to choose my pedals carefully. Unfortunately I can't wait to get some, because you cannot twist the yoke like a joystick for rudder control.I searched for them on the PFC website, but all of the available ones are way too expansive. The pedals I like most to buy are the Saitek combat rudder pedals or the Saitek cessna rudder pedals. Is anyone out there who can recommend one of those? Greetings from Germany

I have been looking at those too, I found this review on youtube:

I have found no information about the Cessna pedals, I guess they are just too new for any reviews yet.

Helge Rasmussen

@ Helge: I saw this video too and I really like them. The lowest price I found (including shipping) was 150€. Have you seen a better offer yet?

@ AJ: A bit off topic, but I saw you made a EZDOK vibration file. Is there a read me file included, which explains how to install it?
You just import the DHM file when editing the DHM settings, and import the cockpit vibration (RND) file when editing the RND settings.You right click on each button (RND & DHM) to edit their settings.

@Danira: No, I found 164 eur excl. shipping. could you give me a link to the one you found? (Mine was simw.com)

Helge Rasmussen

No problemo! Idea.gif It is a shop located in Germany, however I don't know if they deliver somewhere else. Perhaps you find out. UPDATE: I ordered the pedals shown above right now. I think I'll do a combined review when both parts will have been arrived. Unfortunately, I had to argue with my wife because of the buget overdraft, the result is that I have to buy her a new pair of shoes! tongue.png UPDATE 2: I just recieved an e-mail from PFC. Unfortunately, it turned out that it was a misunderstanding regarding the shippment. Due to that I have to pay additional 114$ for the shippment. They know that there is a bug and they try to fix it, but you should check your invoice. Edited by danira

Not really a fair trade....but for what the components are worth....she let you off the hook relatively easy!!!!

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

Not really a fair trade....but for what the components are worth....she let you off the hook relatively easy!!!!
I had solid arguments!!! tongue.pnghappy.png

@danira:So about $164 in shipping? You could fly over there and pick it up :) Looking forward to hear the total price and your impressions of the yoke. Helge

Helge Rasmussen