Sign in to follow this  
IFR7700

Who's the clown who defaulted the radio mins to 9000+ ?

I've been left clicking the button for 20 minutes. This can't be right.Otherwise, I'm over the English Channel with a big grin on my face. Dennis Trawick

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

I had that problem but I accidentatly clicked on something and it fell from 8000 to 200. I think it was the bottom of the outside ring, or near there, maybe while pressing cntr or shift. Sorry, but I did not pay attention after five minutes of waiting while it spooled down. And I think (not sure) that the high value happens when you click on the center button which sets it the the actual altitude (not sure). Henri

Henri Arsenault

Read the manuals guys ! You set that stuff before you take off. Fred.

Fred - it still sometimes happens even when the minimums have been preset. And in all honesty, under what logic would you say it made sense for it to default to 9000 if setting in flight?There's way too much hair-trigger "read the manual" stuff around here at the moment. Tedious.

I'm a R/W pilot and I've never seen it like that, it's ridiculus, and the R/A isn't set to 200' before takeoff, it should be set to 200' by default and returned to that value if a different one was used for the approach procedure. There is nothing in the FCOM about setting it before takeoff. There is far too much trigger fingering to leap at the manuals. Do you propose we sit at the holding point turning and burning for 1hr trying to get the R/A set down 200'?!?!?! In fact, you don't even have to return it to 200', I just checked the FCOM, you only do it out of courtesy for the following pilot.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

I'm a R/W pilot and I've never seen it like that, it's ridiculus, and the R/A isn't set to 200' before takeoff, it should be set to 200' by default and returned to that value if a different one was used for the approach procedure. There is nothing in the FCOM about setting it before takeoff. There is far too much trigger fingering to leap at the manuals. Do you propose we sit at the holding point turning and burning for 1hr trying to get the R/A set down 200'?!?!?! In fact, you don't even have to return it to 200', I just checked the FCOM, you only do it out of courtesy for the following pilot.
Hope PMDG see this post!!!! :)

I'm a R/W pilot and I've never seen it like that, it's ridiculus, and the R/A isn't set to 200' before takeoff, it should be set to 200' by default and returned to that value if a different one was used for the approach procedure. There is nothing in the FCOM about setting it before takeoff. There is far too much trigger fingering to leap at the manuals. Do you propose we sit at the holding point turning and burning for 1hr trying to get the R/A set down 200'?!?!?!
Sanity prevails. Thanks Rónán.

Actually the Radio Altimeter minimums should default to 50 ft. The Baro minimums should default to 200 ft. I just checked this and my Radio is also 9000 feet so there seems to be an issue here. In the real plane the minimums will remain where the last pilot left it. It will only reset when the plane is powered down.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

Actually the Radio Altimeter minimums should default to 50 ft. The Baro minimums should default to 200 ft. I just checked this and my Radio is also 9000 feet so there seems to be an issue here. In the real plane the minimums will remain where the last pilot left it. It will only reset when the plane is powered down.
Correct, however, in my operation, we return it to 200', probably just somthing company specific.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Did you try hitting the reset button before adjusting your minimums. I hit reset then adjust and it always starts at 200.

Sean Green