Sign in to follow this  
wanabflyer

POST YOUR SPECS AND SETTINGS

Seems to me that during the last couple of days there has been all kinds of success and horror stories about what performance or non-performance people are getting with thier 737NGX. According to Ryan people with pretty high end machines should not be getting any kind of poor performances with this aircraft,Well i am one person who is not getting terrible results, but still dissapointing at times, so maybe it would be a good idea to set up a pinned thread where people can post there specs and settings and 'honest' performance results (Maybe even Ryan and some beta testers as well) so that we can get a broad spectrum of system versus performance because i still don't know whether i've got as good as i'm going to get or i am still doing something wrong and should not expect dips down to 10fps (momentarilly) coming into KPDX WITH REX PNW etc, etc.Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Guest Tamadeez

+1. There needs to be sort of like a template I think though when people post there fsx settings etc

I have posted something similar in this thread: http://forum.avsim.n...eaking-for-ngx/ A reply suggested, possibly we should all try to set something up for a controlled environment, below are my suggestions:Setup

• Aircraft: PMDG 737NGX
  • Location: Default PHNL (if you have FSDT or any other custom addons, just disable it in the addon scenery, don't need to remove it - I think anyway)
  • Weather setting: Clear weather
  • Time: Day time
  • Panel State: All systems active, ready for takeoff

Specs (software)

• Type of tweak (fsx.cfg): ******* and/or NGX Intro (or anything else), for example, I used those two + UsePools=0
  • FSX display setup: Sliders at approximately ?%
  • Mode: Maximized windowed, full screen etc.
  • FSX resolution: The resolution you are running FSX at

Specs (hardware)

• CPU model, speed (OC or Stock): ie. i7 950, OC 4.0GHz
  • Graphics card model, memory: ie. NVidia GTX480, 1.5GHz (or whatever it is)
  • Memory amount and speed: ie. 8GB 1333MHz
  • HD type and size (one that you have FSX installed on): ie SSD 137GB (or whatever it is)
  • Resolution of your monitor (dual or single monitor set up): ie 1920x1080

These are what I think are important to get a viable comparison. Might be too much information, but this is my 5c

Brendan Chen

Learning to use and getting use to FSX!

between 15 and 25 frames at PHNL RWY 26L i7 - 2630QM @ 2.0016GB Kingston RAMGeforce GTX 460M very disappointed... it doesnt even matter if i change the resolution or not or if i put details on high or not, the frames wont change.

Settings everything maxed except water-low2x and autogen 3/42560x1600resspecs are below in my sigNGX runs very smooth

John C

My own specs: CPU - Intel Core i7 860 OCed @ 4.0GHz (HT off)Mobo - MSI P55-GD65 (Intel P55 chipset)GPU - EVGA GTX 570 1.28GBRAM - 4GB Corsair Dominator DDR3HD - twin WD 1TB Caviar Black SATA2Optical - ASUS DVD+-RWPower Supply - Corsair 620HXCase - Cooler Master CM Storm SniperMonitor - LG 246W 24" LCD @ 1920x1200CPU Cooler - CoolerMaster Hyper 212+Peripherals - Logitech G500 mouse, Razer Black Widow mechanical switch keyboard, Saitek X52 and Cyborg X joysticks. Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speakers, Beyerdynamic DT770 studio monitoring headphones. This is not a new system aside from the GPU, and the only way things slow down badly for me is if I really try to do it - heavy airport scenery (ie YBBN, KJFK, KSEA with maxed out PNW turned on etc), overcast or storming weather, 100% UT2 traffic, maxed out water shader etc. Under normal conditions I rarely see below 30 FPS. I run the antilag framerate limiter locked at 40 and my own Nvidia Inspector settings from the pinned thread in the general forum (the 8xSQ version).

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

AMD Phenom ii x4 (3.4GHZ) O.C - (4.0GHZ)ASUS M4A78LT-MATI HD5850 - 1GB ( Overclocked - 800mhz and 1175mhz memory)Sata 500hd - 7200rpm8GB kingston DDR3 RAM 1333mhz26'' BenQ Screen HD (1920x1080) Average 30 frames

CPU - Intel Core 2 Quad-core Q9650 @ 4.05GHZMobo - XFX 780i 775 chipsetGPU - EVGA GTX 580RAM - 4GB GSkill DDR2 1200 I have tweaked my FSX.cfg, set all terrain sliders to max, Scenery complexity to normal and autogen to sparse, water to zero (I have given up on water detail since I spend most of the flights at 36,000'. At altitude, My FPS hovers around the 30fps limit I have set. Taxiing around default airports 18-26, Flytampa airports 11-16FPS, I use real weather from REX 2.0, I use GEX and UTX. I would love to enjoy a smooth arrival to a detailed Flytampa airport, but I am more than happy flying this aircraft between default airports where I have FPS between 23-27 on the approach and landing phase. REX 2.0 weather does not slow performance and flying this aircraft through the clouds is amazing and smooth.

Here is what I have so far: CPU AMD Phenom II x6 1055t OC@3.7GhzCPU Cooler CoolerMaster Hyper 212+Motherboard MSI 870A-G54 GPU MSI gForce GTX460 768MB OCRAM 4GB DDR3PSU 650W (Native Japaense brand name that i forgot)HDD SATA 250GB (Windows) - SATA 1TB 6Gb/sec (FSX)Monitor 20" Sony LCD display @ 1360x768 I get a solid 20~40 FPS ranging over all areas. I saw a greater hit on my FPS when I had REX's 4096 HD 3D clouds enabled and running the NGX together. I went back down to 1024 3D clouds and found much more head room to increase density and draw distance. With that setting, I'm seeing 20~40 FPS again. I'm having an issue with UT2 that has not allowed me to try with UT2 enabled so far. The NGX's VC is the heavy FPS user. Exterior views see 40~50 FPS on an estimated average.I'm thinking about pushing to 3.8Ghz on my CPU soon and seeing how things run then.

My Setup is in the Video and I am running everything Ultra Highhttp://youtu.be/leQz4hQpzKM?hd=1 Puzant

CPU - Intel Core i7 950 OCed @ 4.2GHz (HT off)Mobo - Asus P6X58D-E (Intel X58 chipset)GPU - EVGA GTX 570 SC 1.28GBRAM - 6GB DDR3 6-6-6-24HD - 1TB Samsung 7200rpm SATA2Optical - ASUS DVD+-RWPower Supply - Corsair 620HXMonitor - Samsung 26" LCD @ 1920x1200CPU Cooler - Scynthe Mugen 2 rev. B - using external limiter @ 30fps.- Settings all to right except mesh (5m), autogen (dense), water (2x low)- no AI, no cars, boats @ 10%- nVidia Inspector: settings Tabs (8xSQ, 2x Multi sample)- real weather by FSRealWeather (freeware)- FSUIPC registered- Bojote tweaked fs.cfg I'm getting excellent performance at airports like FlyTampa LGAV, KTPA and several Dutch Aerosoft airfields. (EHAM slightly less) NOTE: after having my fs.cfg tweaked by Bojote's website, I had to change usepools=1 to usepools=0 to get the best performance!

Lennart

Banner_MJC11.png

core I7 extreme OC at 4.1 ghz 6 gigz of ram GIGABYTE mobo Gtx 590. taxing at the default JFK with must of the settings maxed with AA off and trilinear i get 40 to 60 FPS i did delete the CFG before my first install of NGX and redo some of the ******* tweaks ....

Image removed as image is no longer available.

Core i5 650 @3.2Ght4gb RAMATI 5560 1gb RamWin7 64 bit On EDDH from Aerosoft, with Clouds at 70 miles and full coverage, REX2, MyTraffic 2010 at 16%, most of the sliders to the max only Mesh at 10m and 7cm, Autogen at Max, I get around 20-24 fps without AA and trilinear filtering at an resolution of 1280*1024. Pretty good, it´s around the MD-11 performance, a little bit worse, but considering the simulation I am pretty happy. Could be better, but I guess I need a better graphics card and Ram for that.

Great response. OK, let me give you a scenario that i have now tried. KJFK (default airport) to wherever. Takeoff runway: 13R.Departure: BETTE2.This is what i observed. At the gate: 29.9/30 FPS (Limited to 30) VC or Exterior. Unlimited 40/50 VC, 60FPS and up Exterior. Taxiing: Same as at the gate, near as darn it. Departure: Everything ok until at around 2500, you start to turn out over the populated areas when the frame rates just start to nose dive into the low teens and a couple of dips into single digits, limited or not. This disappears after getting up to the 9000/10000 alt and away from N.Y. I am happy with all but that short time at low alt over heavy areas on takeoff and also approach, Yet reading the replies, i see no reports of this behavior from the, lets call them, success posts. So still i feel i must be doing something wrong. Outside of my specs below the following is my details: 24" WS Monitor (1920x1200). I am configured to Ryans Nvidia Inspector 8SQ.I have a Bojote tweaked config. I have UT2 set at 20%. and UTX USA (in the above scenario)Cloud draw 60mi.Cloud detail: maxLevel of detail radius: largeMesh compl: 100Texture res: 7cmWater effects: low 2xScenery compl: very denseAutogen: very denseSpecial effects det: high I have a question for Ryan: I notice you are using the 'Antilag" limiter. Did you find a cure for the black screen problem when changing back and forth between full and windowed views? I find that the original limiter affects the smoothness of my EzDok for some reason. To finish, i will also say that i get similar results flying in and out of west coast areas like KSFO (with Flightbeam KSFO).Thanks for the great responses and i would love to see more.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

between 15 and 25 frames at PHNL RWY 26L i7 - 2630QM @ 2.0016GB Kingston RAMGeforce GTX 460M very disappointed... it doesnt even matter if i change the resolution or not or if i put details on high or not, the frames wont change.
Laptops are good for a lot of stuff. IMHO, FS is not one of them. Willy