Sign in to follow this  
mattorellana

NGX A LITTLE TOO EXPENSIVE?

I went to the cinema with the kids in Cambridge on Saturday. Parking £22, Lunch £21, 3 x cinema ice creams £10, 3 x tickets Harry Potter £28, Diesel £10. Considering the amount of entertainment I'll get out of the 737, it's dirt cheap...
Agreed :) You will get endless hours of entertainment OUT of this aircraft, and then, once you can get it to work, you will get even more endless hours of entertainment IN this aircraft. Rolling%20Eyes.gif All joking aside, you need to bear in mind the many 10's of 1000's of Man Hours that must have gone into designing and producing this program, and you get the benefit of all that work for $75 !!! Looks like a bargain to me :) Based on the numbers I was given, you do not get very rich producing addon aircraft for FSX !!Not many would be prepared to work for year and year, at way below minimum wage.They must do it for LOVE Love.gif Geoff

Considering how realistic this bird is, and that the real Boeing 737NG documentation is provided together with the NGX etc. 70$ is very cheap indeed! :DThe 3 year long wait was truly worth it!

The Boeing manuals alone are worth a couple of hundred euro !!! This sim should be twice the price I think !! Fred.
Actually the NGX was Free! We just paid for the manuals in .pdf.

Well I paid $70 for the airplane then turned around and paid another $1000 the next day for a brand new computer so I could get the most of this beast LOL.gif (And the painful thing is, I haven't been able to play with either yet!)

Ryzen 9 3950X / RTX 2080 Ti / 32GB DDR4 (3200MHz @ 14-14-14-34)

Anyone remember Ariane? Serioulsy PMDG have given us more bang for the buck then i can actually ever recall recieving thus far in my life. Thanks again guys!!
NGX is a good value .. but the time I negotiated a home price at 80,000$ lower that market was my best value in my life Money Eyes.gif

I am going out to dinner tonight with the girlfriend and I will spend more then $70 on ONE dinner! This is a great value! I need to wait to buy it as I do not want any distractions with the first semester of grad school coming up but I will buy in in December for $75 along with the 700/600 and ER variants. But even at lets say $125 the amount of time and entertainment I will get in just that one month break I have from school it is worth it :) I will spend much more money in gas, dinner, movies etc.. then I will yet this will give me just as much entertainment and joy. And the PDFs are worth the price alone. I think it is very fairly priced. I would have been a little turned off of a $100 for just the base pack but I think $125 for the 600-900 and ER's is very fair.Been watching videos on youtube it looks great!Steven Herzberg

You will get endless hours of entertainment OUT of this aircraft, and then, once you can get it to work, you will get even more endless hours of entertainment IN this aircraft. Rolling%20Eyes.gif
I don't consider that to be a joke... It describes my approach to all complex models. I figure that by 2014, I should have figured out how to fly the NGX and THEN have more fun actually going from Point A to B. Just ask the PMDG guys. Ryan has on more than one occasion told me "its easy, once you get used to it"... My wife tells me that about mowing the lawn, but that doesn't mean it gets done or correctly. LOL.gif

I dabble in development and believe me when I say that making a product of this quality is not a small task. The amount of learning we do just to be able to make a simple airplane is overwhelming. Then you havent even started building anything yet. Not to mention hours upon hours spent researching and looking for source material. PMDG is in a league of its own. Anyone who argues this really does not understand what went into creating this machine. No I am not a ###### at all. I just call it as i see it and give credit where due.