Sign in to follow this  
dts

IVAP V2 External

+1 As nobody reported it before I thought it was just my install/config. I'm having several IVAP crashes. Sometimes FSX also CTD after IVAP crash. I decided to remove and reinstall NGX and rebuild fsx.cfg to see if it fixes, which I'll do up to this weekend. Maybe an IVAP reinstall would help but I doubt as no other add on is causing this. By the way, maybe I'm completely wrong but I would associate the IVAP crash to the sudden change of weather. For some reason I noticed it on the last crashes. Schmid

Hi. I removed and reinstalled NGX and started a small flight online (SBGL-SBGR). Daylight and cloudy. At about 5NM from top of descent I disconnected IVAP and a few seconds after this FSX froze and I got a fatal error. Could anybody please reproduce this test and see what happens? Best regards Schmid

now It seem all ok.all settings and tweak as PMDG wrote in NGX Introduction.PDFATI 10-10_vista64_win7_64 driversyou MUST disable(uninstall) enbseries,UIAutomationCore.dll 6.0.5840.16386

Ivo Crni

Ivo I'm still running a very stable FSX under XP32 so no problems with UIAutomationCore, neither UAC, Admin and other concerns we shall have with Win7. I have not a single problem with all other add-ons - and I have plenty of them. Of course I know it is time to migrate to a i7 plus Win7 but it will represent about USD 1200.00 just for a MoBo, CPU, memory sticks and OS, as I can keep my HD, GPU, power supply, etc. Anyway, I opened a ticket at support and I'll wait for some answer from devs - that I hope not to be a recommendation to upgrade my rig... Praying.gif Regards Schmid

Hi, I also got my first IVAP crash this morning when flying the NGX between LEGE and LIPE. After starting again IVAP, a second crash occurs a few minute later. Never had this in FSX before.

vpa055.png

This IVAP crashes only happens under FSX + NGX usage. Not with others addons. I've tested Wilco, Level-D, IFly and a plenty of addons sceneries. Just happens with NGX. PMDG MUST check it out. I only fly online, like many others around here, and I don't want to be forgotten.

As long as I use the external IVAP then only IVAP crashes, and not FSX, if however i use the internal IVAP then this will crash FSX as well

Good to know. Thanks Dave. I'll try this weekend in external mode as I wouldn't like to miss a whole tour leg due to a fatal error. By the way, the main difference between both modes, as far as I know, is that the internal is activated within FXS menu due to a command at dll.xml. Maybe there is a clue here for the devs, who I wish are following this thread. Best regards Schmid

Just finished a short but successful flight from SBCF to SBVT. At this time I activated IVAP external and I got 2 crash/disconnections but it did not crash FSX. Thank you Dave for pointing the solution. I hope PMDG fix this. Cheers Schmid

Stephane Did you get only an IVAP crash or a full FSX fatal error? Schmid
Schmid, I use external IVAP. Only IVAP crashed, not FSX. This way I can start again IVAP by clicking on the file in the IVAP Directory (ivap_dll_host.exe, or something like that, I don't remember the exact name) . Then back into FSX, in the menu, start IVAP as usual.When IVAP crashed I just had a windows with a message "send or not send the error" but not a pop up windows. So I f I don't check the task bar regularly, I don't know if the software is still running except when I hide/unhide (CTRL+F9) the interface within FSX.

vpa055.png

Hi, Stephane With the 'original' NGX, without hotfixes, IVAP crashed and there was the popup screen, which alerted me to restart IVAP - which I did externally as under addon menu the IVAP option disappeared. After hotfixes, besides IVAP crash I got also a fatal error on FSX. So I have to run externally which, as you said, demands to be checking if there is no disconnection. Not so bad I run with two monitors so I can put IVAP on the other. Thank you for your input. Regards Schmid

Also have this problem, only with NGX not with any other aircraft in my collection. Sometimes it works for an entire flight, and sometimes multiple crashes in one hour. Luckily only IVAP crash and FSX continues so just restarting it and I can continue. Have had the problem since first installing the NGX, and nothing changed with the hotfix. Hope someone can find out what causes and fixes it :)

Hello, I want to remember that there where 2 major updates for Framework installed at 09. and 15. August delivered by microsoft updater.Since this moment I have also IVAP crashes, but not before this update and also not with the NGX.Accidentally the release from the NGX and this update was nearly the same day.The IVAP crashes are not caused by the NGX! Regards Edit: I looked in the history of microsoft update. The second update was at the 10th August. Updates for Microsoft NET Framework 4 KB 2539636 NET Framework 3.5.1 KB 2539635 KB 2468871 KB 2533523