Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JokersWild

Anyone else having CTDs when switching models while at the gate?

on edit: this is after installing the hot fix. I can switch fine from the opening dialog but If I've already started the flight (parked at the gate) I'll get a CDT in one of the NGX dlls. Is this a known thing or should I submit a ticket?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It is stated in the manual that PMDG planes don't like to be switched in FSX (in flight that is). Too complex a thing to switch. Try returning bac kto FSX manu and select your other model.

Nope, I am good. But I didnt install the hot fix either. I am leaving well enough alone for now,

Getting crashes switching between the models here.
Hey Sam, I think I found a possible fix. Go into your fsx.cfg and look in the "trusted" section. Delete all off the pmdg NGX and HUD entries, then when you start FS again, click ok when it asks you to verify them. Mine were listed twice. I don't think the hotfix deleted the cfg entries.

I think I recall Ryan mentioning that if you want to swap models you need to first select something like the ultra light, let it load, the go back into the a/c menu and select the next NGX model you want.So, if your sitting on the tarmac in the 800 and want the 900, you need to select the ultra light and load it, then once it loads go back into the a/c menu and select the 900 model you want.I've never tried this since I just select the model and paint I want from the start, but if I recall right that is the way Ryan said to do it.Sean campbell