Sign in to follow this  
teopereira

"Windows 7 64 bit" versus "Windows XP 32 bit"

How does the NGX perform on these systems? What differences you noted? I'm planning to change to "Windows 7 64 bit", as recommended by PMDG. Teo Halfen

out of memory errors can be a serious problem with a 32-bit OS.

I noted that the memory NGX uses in the "windows XP 32 bit" goes at nearly 1500 Mb, while complex addons go to nearly 600 Mb. But is there a good frame rate gain too with 'windows 7 64 bit'?

out of memory errors can be a serious problem with a 32-bit OS.
also with 64b. got 3 OOM yesterdays and today finally a BSD. Does not seem to get any better...

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

And me with a WinXp 32 bit system with 2GB RAM and the /3GB switch, have not had an OOM error yet with this aircraft. So go fiigure.

i7 3770K HT, 8GB RAM, nVidia 980GTX, Win7, P3D 3.4, FSG mesh, UTX, GEX, ST, ASA16/ASCA, NickN optimized

Hello Teo,I think we would need to see your processor and RAM specs to be any usefull. for my specs, I get anywhere from 16~30 fps in the virtual cockpit,and up to about 55 fps on an external view.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Guest Turboblower
also with 64b. got 3 OOM yesterdays and today finally a BSD. Does not seem to get any better...
Sounds like you have a serious memory issue there Phil, you might need to do a memtest.

How does the NGX perform on these systems? What differences you noted? I'm planning to change to "Windows 7 64 bit", as recommended by PMDG. Teo Halfen
Hi Teo,I asked a similar question a few days ago. Here is the link :http://forum.avsim.n...__fromsearch__1Apparently, some simmers say they have no problem with 32 bit systems.Hope this helps,Bruno

Sounds like you have a serious memory issue there Phil, you might need to do a memtest.
Did this some months ago when I overclocked. Als stable. Passed all Stress tests. Actually just changed some NVIDIAinspector settings and do the Flight again. Will see. Right now enroute to cairns at fl340 and so far all Fine.

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Did this some months ago when I overclocked. Als stable. Passed all Stress tests. Actually just changed some NVIDIAinspector settings and do the Flight again. Will see. Right now enroute to cairns at fl340 and so far all Fine.
Edit. All fine. Landed perfectly. Not only reduced some NVIDIA AA settings but also reduced REX textures to 1048. No visual impact and no OOM. Just in yet another flight from cairns to Melbourne. Hope that goes well too

Phil Leaven

Guest Turboblower

Thats, a relief, I had a gd3.dll at epping on approach to rnwy 27 @ymml, so seems Orbx is very sensitive to what settings you have. Flew from YBCS without incident until the approach. Go figure.

Hi,Upgraded to Win 7 64-bit back in autumn '09 - for me, made a huge difference to FSX.e.g., was getting weird graphics problems and OOM errors after an 8 hour flight - not good - under Win XP 32-bit.Whilst I still like XP for some applications, Win 7 64-bit seems the way forward...Good luck!Carl Beeby

Edit. All fine. Landed perfectly. Not only reduced some NVIDIA AA settings but also reduced REX textures to 1048. No visual impact and no OOM.Just in yet another flight from cairns to Melbourne. Hope that goes well too
landed at actually at YBBN, all fine though a bit sluggish during approach as YBBN is fps hungry. Now om yet another trip from YBBN to YSCH (i.e. YCFS in the PMDG) and just reached T/D, must get ready now for the visual approach

Phil Leaven