Sign in to follow this  
BreezyPointDeparture

Is anybody having a Brake issue

There is definately a problem here and it is not about checking the failures. This bird has NO brakes after landing. It will not even brake a slow speeds. This is making this impossible to fly. I am tired of running off the end of the runway, 1 because the auto brakes don't seem to work, then the brakes don't and the reversers are minimally effective , must be an issue in the airfile. this is the DL paint. Help appreciated. I am using CH pedals and they work fine for every other AC in my fleet including the PMDG J41. I am using fix3 installed. Other than my FSUIPC calibrations playing havoc with the elevators, this brake issue is becoming a show stopper, unfortunately. Thanks in advance.

Joe Porter

ngxu_banner.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Beta_Tester.jpg

Yep I also am having issues with the brakes,flew into EGSS today touched down Rwy22 at approx 150kts manual braking, reverse thrust & spoiler deployed, exited onto the second high speed turn off & taxied to the gate only to find out that I had no brakes. Temperature was reading (10 Amber) on the display. I had two failures (BRAKE FAIL & EXCESSIVE BRAKE TEMP). Did another flight ths evening to LGAV,this time using Autobrake 1 with Rev & spoilers & about the same landing speed,another (10 Amber) temp display & yet another fail warning (EXCESSIVE BRAKE TEMP). This don't seem right at all,I wouldn't have called that excessive braking & certainly didn't expect a failure.!!

Same issue here..... I think that it is a bug that needs to be addressed by PMDG and fixed. Where did the current bug tracker post go??
Same thing here. I thought I was doing something wrong, but lower DU shows no brake values no matter what the braking is. - John

Brake temps on the SYS display is a customer option. Make sure that it has been activated in the aircraft options. Most airlines don't use this. Cheers DZ

You show me where that option is and I will turn it on. . .

Joe Porter

ngxu_banner.png

Yep I also am having issues with the brakes,flew into EGSS today touched down Rwy22 at approx 150kts manual braking, reverse thrust & spoiler deployed, exited onto the second high speed turn off & taxied to the gate only to find out that I had no brakes. Temperature was reading (10 Amber) on the display. I had two failures (BRAKE FAIL & EXCESSIVE BRAKE TEMP). Did another flight ths evening to LGAV,this time using Autobrake 1 with Rev & spoilers & about the same landing speed,another (10 Amber) temp display & yet another fail warning (EXCESSIVE BRAKE TEMP). This don't seem right at all,I wouldn't have called that excessive braking & certainly didn't expect a failure.!!
Unless you are using brake pedals, you will be applying maximum braking when you hit the brake button. This happens with all aircraft. The way I have set it up, is to have the joystick button set to half-braking and leave the keyboard as a back-up in case I need max braking. b73_brakesetting.JPG
As most know, AES requires you to set the parking brake at the gate to recieve services, and at that time the cockpit is most likely cold and dark or in a short turnaround with the hydraulics off.
If you go into the "Ground Service" menu in the CDU, there is an option to "chock" the aircraft. This will enable the Flight Sim internal parking brake without affecting the braking system of the aircraft. This will also trick AES into thinking that your parking brake is set. Come departure time, pressurise your hydraulic system and set the aircraft parking brakes. Once those are set, remove the chocks using the Ground Service menu. You can now continue to use AES as normal (releasing and setting the aircraft parking brake as instructed by the walker).

thanks . . . hmmmm. . . . had the brake temp indicator on . . interesting

Joe Porter

ngxu_banner.png

Unless you are using brake pedals, you will be applying maximum braking when you hit the brake button. This happens with all aircraft. The way I have set it up, is to have the joystick button set to half-braking and leave the keyboard as a back-up in case I need max braking. b73_brakesetting.JPG
David, on the first landing I was using brake pedals to apply the brakes& the brakes were working as I taxied in.It was when I tried to stop at thegate there was nothing & I continued on through the building. A bit embarrasing when online with ATC :-) I will play about with the settings you have pointed out & se if it makesany difference. Many thanks.

i had the same issue, landed with autobrake 2 andthrust reversers taxied off the runway up behind a taxing 737 could not stop and cleaned him up, brake temp was on 10, I will try the carbon brake Wayne

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Brake overheat out of the blue in mid flight LuisKMIA

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

It seems there is a bug with the PMDG 737NGX with regards to the brakes. Mine will fail randomly (a true software-level failure rather than a simulated failure such as a setting). While I have had failures after landing, they seem most frequently to result from pushback. Regardless of joystick or keyboard input, the plane continues to move backward even after pushback is complete. Often times, pushback will not stop and I must throw on the parking brake to get the ground personnel to disconnect the tractor. Full throttle will not overcome or reduce the backward velocity. Control inputs, however, are visible (rudder, aileron, thrust) - so this appears something that requires fixing. Even a simulated failure of the braking system would be overcome with full forward thrust.

Signature.jpg

Seems like something odd with the brakes is going on. My brakes used to work then they suddenly stopped working. No problem on any other aircraft, but on the NGX I just can't get them to work. Win7 64-bit, no failures are active, pressure is good, using the carbon brakes, tried everything I can think of between FSX and FSUIPC to recalibrate/reassign. Tried a clean free flight, a loaded panel state, a saved panel state, etc. Nothing works. I've got variable toe brakes on my FlightLink pedals and my feet stay off the brakes. Until I start rolling. Can't seem to figure it out. I tried submitting a support ticket, but their system is hanging. Anyone got any other ideas to try? EDIT: Interestingly, I just tried something that seemed to fix the problem. I was running a Delta winglets livery and decided to try switching to the default PMDG 737NGX winglets livery. The brakes worked on that livery. So I switched back to the Delta livery and surprise, they were working again. I do recall reading something about needing to switch between aircraft in certain situations in the intro manual. Guess I need to go back and read that again.

Tony

Just embarrassed myself on Vatsim, taxied behind another aircraft and the brakes failed, went straight through him. I checked the failures and it did say 'Brake Failure' after resetting the fault in the CDU the brakes still failed to work. Does anyone know if PMDG have acknowledged this as a fault within the Sim and hopefully being fixed in SP1 !! Glen

Glen

For me the same problem. After installing Hotfix 4, I made 2 flights and with both landings the autobrakes did not work. Autobrake 2 was set and on touchdown the brakes did not kick in. After that the brakes did not work at all. I never had this problem, but after installing hotfix 4 i have. Roel