Sign in to follow this  
BreezyPointDeparture

Is anybody having a Brake issue

hey, im taxiing and my brakes dont work, they are totally cool and i just loaded the plane. but I cant use them to stop, or even place the parking break, its really weird.

Max

PMDG 747X & 737NGX Pilot

Are you using rudder pedals with toe brakes? Are they still showing connected?

Check in your failures page. If it is a failure indeed then it should say "ACTIVE:1" and then "break failure."

Check in your failures page. If it is a failure indeed then it should say "ACTIVE:1" and then "break failure."
Same happened to me one time. -- Just had to clear the failure.

Same happened to me one time. -- Just had to clear the failure.
Indeed.

The only brake issue I have is that I don't get enough of them in a day to fly this beauty!! Lol All kidding aside, I just noticed today that I don't get any brake temp values on the lower EICAS. Even after a max autobrake landing.

The only brake issue I have is that I don't get enough of them in a day to fly this beauty!! Lol All kidding aside, I just noticed today that I don't get any brake temp values on the lower EICAS. Even after a max autobrake landing.
Same issue here..... I think that it is a bug that needs to be addressed by PMDG and fixed. Where did the current bug tracker post go??

I am using the CF brakes package I just landed at 120 Gross and max autobrake and they still show no temp. Not even a .1 even taxing up to the gate? Are they CFs that resistant to heat or glitch?

if you apply and relese te brakes too many times with no HYD power (ie sitting at the gate before pushback) the brake will fail when the accumulator is empty. I have already made a portal ticket and they are looking into it. Dunno if this helps

if you apply and relese te brakes too many times with no HYD power (ie sitting at the gate before pushback) the brake will fail when the accumulator is empty. I have already made a portal ticket and they are looking into it. Dunno if this helps
YESSSSSSS!!!! Thats ITTT.....before I even put the battery on i was screwing around with my parking break button on my yoke and i was pushing it like crazy because I was like wow the sound is cool. hahahaha, that sounds so dumb but yess that is so correct. Ok great!!!! thanks so much!!However, going into the CDU did fix the problem -- no need for a ticket

Max

PMDG 747X & 737NGX Pilot

YESSSSSSS!!!! Thats ITTT.....before I even put the battery on i was screwing around with my parking break button on my yoke and i was pushing it like crazy because I was like wow the sound is cool. hahahaha, that sounds so dumb but yess that is so correct. Ok great!!!! thanks so much!! However, going into the CDU did fix the problem -- no need for a ticket
Well PMDG said the brake should not fail just because the accumulator pressure runs out so it will be fixed hopefully.

Well PMDG said the brake should not fail just because the accumulator pressure runs out so it will be fixed hopefully.
Right on, it has to be glitch in the failures function because by default everyone's failure is off. I must have been playing around with the chocks and parking brakes when I took my maiden flight, because I slid into the hangar on the opposite of the runway at KBFI on my delivery flight! I do hope they address this, I find myself with a compulsion to check the failures screen in the FMC everytime I pushback as I have been lost the brakes a few times. As most know, AES requires you to set the parking brake at the gate to recieve services, and at that time the cockpit is most likely cold and dark or in a short turnaround with the hydraulics off.

Me 2 got no temp in de brakes when landing with a heavy plane and auto brakes. When I switch over too manual braking I do get temps in de brakes. (tried this 2 times, one with failures and the other without) Maikel Rozemeijer.