Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rockies31

Autopilot Help

I need help with the autopilot, it won't turn on or follow the flight path or altitude and I can move it freely as if it is off. P.S. Anyone have a good FMC tutorial for this aircraft?

Andrew Kicklighter

Kansas Glider Pilot and Flight Sim Enthusiast

Assistant of Events at American Airlines Virtual; aavirtual.net

Andrew, Very likely you are missing something. If you upload a picture of your panel i'll bet you get several quick answers to your problem. Have you tried flying the tutorial? Regarding the FMC, Youtube has dozens of videos detailing the use of the NG's FMC. JW

Jeffrey L. Whitaker

One second, I'll post the picture in a minute

Andrew Kicklighter

kdtvsz.jpg May not be good enough

Andrew Kicklighter

if you want to follow the FMC route you are missing LNAV, VNAV and either CMD A or CMD B ...Can you arm VNAV and LNAV before takeoff ? edit:If you just want to follow the SPEED and ALT HLD you need to engage CMD A or CMD B ...if you can't engage CMD center your input device (joystick, yoke or keyboard) and then try it again

P.L. Tran

Intel i5 4670k@4.3ghz; 8 GB Ram; HIS ATI HD7870; Win8 64 Bit

May not be good enough
Andrew,Good enough to see that you are missing a few key items: First, you do not have the full autopilot (AFDS) engaged.Granted the auto throttle (A/T) is armed and your flight directors (FD) are on.But for full automated flight you also need to engage CMD A or CMD B Second, you have not selected a lateral mode for the AFDS.You have selected SPD for the A/T and ALT HLD for the vertical mode. Which is good but you need to tell the AFDS how you want it to steer; HDG SEL, LNAV or VOR/LOC for example Third, I think you would be helped by reading the introduction and do the tutorial flight a couple of times. Hope it helps and good luck.Once you've done that there is a full forum of helpful people. Thanks,

Mats Johansson
PMDG Flight Test Dept
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

| Asus Z270-A | Intel i5-7600K @ 4.8 GHz OC/H2O | nVidia Geforce GTX 1070 8GB OC/O2|

I need help with the autopilot, it won't turn on or follow the flight path or altitude and I can move it freely as if it is off. P.S. Anyone have a good FMC tutorial for this aircraft?
Is something wrong with the one that comes with the plane? I spent a heck of a lot of time writing it...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

P.S. Anyone have a good FMC tutorial for this aircraft?
Is something wrong with the one that comes with the plane? I spent a heck of a lot of time writing it...
Shocked.gif

Isaac Magalhaes

pmdgngxdevteamfb4.jpg

By the way, also verify that the FD on the pilot side is set as master. (little green light next to the FD on the FO side is lit up now)

Dieter de Wit

Hi Ryan... << Is something wrong with the one that comes with the plane? I spent a heck of a lot of time writing it...>> Your tutorial is brilliant. You really excelled on that document - thanks a lot.Applause.gif I only have one criticism - I often run out of time - and fingers - on the approach to EHAM LMAO.gif RegardsBill Cusick

i7-3770K 4.2GHz, 16GB, GTX 970 4GB, Win 7 64bit, LG 38GL950G, CH Yoke/Pedals, T.16000M, GenX UK, UK2000 EGGP & EGCC, AeroSoft Gibraltar, FSC 9.5, FSL A320X, 737NGX A318/A319/A320/A321, A2A Cherokee/JF Hawk T1/Dino's EF2000, Iris Grob Tutor

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

42%
    $10,690.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now