Sign in to follow this  
Hawk777th

Yoke?

I think I have one lying around somewhere with interchangeable plugs on the end.

I think I have one lying around somewhere with interchangeable plugs on the end.
Make sure it's te right voltage. I think it's 5v, but not sure. It'll be stamped on the bottom of your yoke

I get my first ever yoke tomorrow woo hoo! Going for the Saitek one and collecting it instead of waiting for the post, reserved and ready. I see a Cessna one by Saitek, with less buttons. So I thought I`d grab one just in case they all move over to the Cessna one and/or the price goes up on the normal one I`m getting. Shop opens at 9am so they might just find me on the doorstep waiting...... Steve

Just looked at the Cessna licensed yoke from saitek, and its a whopping £199 (Sterling) here in the UK! Silly money when the Pro Flight yoke can be had for less than £100.

Just looked at the Cessna licensed yoke from saitek, and its a whopping £199 (Sterling) here in the UK! Silly money when the Pro Flight yoke can be had for less than £100.
And unless there is a decent AVSIM review of it, i will not buy the cessna one.My guess is, there is no single change or improvement in technic like the sticky yoke on the jumping axis on the throttle or the silly centring.All the extra money will go into the fancy CESSNA logo on each unit. Well, i hope i am wrong, however. but i really really doubt it.

And unless there is a decent AVSIM review of it, i will not buy the cessna one.My guess is, there is no single change or improvement in technic like the sticky yoke on the jumping axis on the throttle or the silly centring.All the extra money will go into the fancy CESSNA logo on each unit. Well, i hope i am wrong, however. but i really really doubt it.
I dunno about the throttles, but you can fix the almost violent centering in a few minutes with a screwdriver & a rubber band. Follow the link in my sig.

I dunno about the throttles, but you can fix the almost violent centering in a few minutes with a screwdriver & a rubber band. Follow the link in my sig.
Hi there, Ken...it's me! Recognize my avatar? yes? No?I sent you the PM regarding the rubberband fixing...remember?! Peace.gif

Hi there, Ken...it's me! Recognize my avatar? yes? No?I sent you the PM regarding the rubberband fixing...remember?! Peace.gif
Oh, sorry bout that. I got a dozen or so in a 5min period so I didn't look too closely at the names...

My guess is, there is no single change or improvement in technic...
Since their new pedals are completely different than their old ones, it is possible that the yokes have gone through a similar change. Also, the Cessna yoke has 90 degrees of turning which is twice the travel I believe from the non-Cessna version. This gives me some hope that there are other construction changes involved. I would like to wait for a review also but once a place gets it for below retail and an easy return policy, I'll bite. Since it's a third of the price of the next step up yokes, it's worth a shot.