Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hawk777th

Yoke?

Hey guys I come from mostly combat flight sims (Janes DCS etc), and have been using my X52 Pro on FSX. Should I get a yoke? I haven't had one since the CH Virtual Pilot Pro in the mid 90s lol. Been looking at this Saitek?http://www.newegg.co...k=saitek%20yoke What are you guys thoughts?

A Walker

hi Ash,When flying fighters, a yoke feels really weird and uncomfortable, so in that case, I'd say no.However, if you want to fly jetliners I personally prefer a yoke, it makes me feel I'm more in control (note that some people still prefer the feel of a joystick).The X52 is quite a popular choice, and there's not much wrong with it ( I think). I've got a CH Flight Yoke, which is really bland to look at, but also really good quality.Hope I've been of help,

Marijn van den Berg

A good landing is one you walk away from, a great landing is one when you can re-use the equipment!

• Intel Core i7 950
  • Windows 7 Home Premium (x64)
  • ASUSTeK Computer INC. SABERTOOTH X58 Rev 1.xx
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460

FSX with Acceleration/REX2.0/PMDG 747-400x/PMDG MD-11/PMDG BAe Jetstream/PMDG NGX/Microsoft Sidewinder Joystick/CH Yoke/CH Pedals/CHThrottle Quadrant/

Ya I have the X52 pro right now. But just feels dumb using a joystick on PMDGs products, Cessnas and other GA aircraft.

A Walker

go for the saitek yoke and throttles, you won't be disappointed.

Sam Rinvall

Depending on how much you want to spend, here are a few companies: Precision Flight Controls: www.flypfc.com CHProducts: www.CHProducts.com

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MotherBoard, 32Gigs RAM, EVGA 1080Ti, 750 Corsair PSW, 1x500Gig WD Blue SSD, 1x1TB Samsung EVO 860, 1x1TB Crucial SSD, 1x2TB Samsung QVO SSD, 1x6TB SeaGate HHD:  Win OS 10 v2004
Simulators:  Prepar3D v4.5x & v5.1x/ X-Plane 11.50/ MSFS 2020:  YouTube Videos

I'm not loving my ch yoke and ch throttle quadrant anymore pain in the to get working with ngx for me anyway, would buy saitek but the hat is not on the right hand side for panning, that would be a problem for me. Good luck.

Rich Sennett

I don't like yokes currently as they have no force feedback witch I enjoy having, I think current yokes just have springs but I might be wrong. Say what you'll like about flying Boeing with a joystick but I love my G940 with the third party add-on FS Force witch even adds concert bumps you can feel and overall more realistic effects. I would not feel like I need a yoke to answer your question from my point of view.

-Raven Harris
Intel i7 980X @ 4.43GHz | ASUS Rampage III | Corsair 6GB DDR3 2000MHz | 3 EVGA GTX280 | Corsair 1200 Watt | Intel 510 SSD (RAID 0)
PMDG - 747-400/8iF | MD11/F | BAe J41 | 737NG 6/7/8/9 Hope ER/BBJ|777LR/F
Flight1- Cessna Mustang

Go for the saitek. When you get it open it up & replace the springs with rubber bands. Adjust the number of wraps to your taste. End result is nice & smooth with an easy self-centering. It won't snap back when you let go & makes those positions just off center a lot easier to hitClarification: it still centers itself, just not violently like it does with the springs. Exponentially smoother....

Kenneth Weir

My Saitek yoke mod

i7 2600k @ 4.7

8GB Gskill CAS7

2x GTX580 SLI Surround + GT520 Accessory

Win7x64

Go for the saitek. When you get it open it up & replace the springs with rubber bands. Adjust the number of wraps to your taste. End result is nice & smooth with an easy self-centering. It won't snap back when you let go & makes those positions just off center a lot easier to hit Clarification: it still centers itself, just not violently like it does with the springs. Exponentially smoother....
Could you please do a guide on how to do this. I have been wondering. I opened it up but couldn't really see how rubber bands would help. Do you do it on the aileron axis as well.

Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute. ~Gil Stern

Could you please do a guide on how to do this. I have been wondering. I opened it up but couldn't really see how rubber bands would help. Do you do it on the aileron axis as well.
yes, i'd like to see that as well ... sounds insteresting.

Antoine v Heck
---
i7 980x, 12Gb RAM, Asus P6T deluxe V2 MB, GPU 780GTX (6GB VRAM). 500GB SSD drive, FSX Steam Edition + Xplane10.5 + XP11pb

I'm at work at the moment but I'll put something together for you guys. It only takes about 5-10 to do, depending how much 'tuning' you do on the rubber bands

Kenneth Weir

My Saitek yoke mod

i7 2600k @ 4.7

8GB Gskill CAS7

2x GTX580 SLI Surround + GT520 Accessory

Win7x64

I use my trusty reliable old MS Sidewinder, had it since I was a baby 52 years ago and its still working. OK not had it that long, it just seems that way. Got a dead cheap Black Widow joystick with vibration and good shaped throttle. Cheap but works a treat, the MS is spare for me in case the throttle packs up like my last one and also for when my son comes. But the Saitek is what I`m saving for now, never had a yoke and not scared to make changes to it. I have an engineering background in the dark deep past so I do things like that occasionally.

using the Saitek Pro Yoke with throttles and have used the CH yoke before. I'd really like to try the Vrinsight Yoke with the NGX but it costs about 370 euros

Antoine v Heck
---
i7 980x, 12Gb RAM, Asus P6T deluxe V2 MB, GPU 780GTX (6GB VRAM). 500GB SSD drive, FSX Steam Edition + Xplane10.5 + XP11pb

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

44%
    $11,005.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now