Sign in to follow this  
duckbilled

Taxi2Gate's products unsupported - Buyer Beware

In this thread I discussed the problems with Taxi2Gate's MMMX v2: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/338135-taxi2gate-mmmx-v2-and-major-fps-issues/ Caesar was responding to a thread about the scenery on a Mexican FS site but he has not been heard from for a while. In addition, there is no option to register for support on their forum. It appears that it is closed to new members and the forum posts stop in April 2011. Their MMMX v2 scenery is not usable and it appears the Ceasar has taken the money and ran. People like this need to be shunned from this community and Simmarket needs to pull Taxi2Gates products from their website. And if I am wrong, I invite Ceasar to come here and tell me I am wrong. Until he does, I can only assume he is a crook. If something unfortunate happened to him, Simmarket needs to post that the products are unsupported.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

A bit harsh don't you think, especially the crook part? I have Mexico City and Puerto Vallarta and don't have the frame rate issue you and some others seem to be suffering from.

RE Thomason Jr.

Witch version of Mexico City do you have Blaze?

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

I believe it's version 1.0, I got it when it first came out, but to be perfectly honest I haven't been able to figure out how to tell which version it is. All I know is that when they offered Version 2 but wanted a small amount of cash for the upgrade I passed, figuring mine ran well enough for the amount of flights I use it for. Maybe the problem lies with Version 2.0 but one would like to think detail or performance, hopefully both, would improve with each new iteration?

RE Thomason Jr.

Yep. Ver1 works perfectly. Ver2 is a fps hog! Even with a default plane it´s impossible to mantain a flight there.

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

Well hopefully they'll get it sorted soon, sorry to hear V2 is such a pig and can't understand why they would have released it if it killed performance so drastically.

RE Thomason Jr.

When you buy a product from a company that has a website with a support forum, you think you will be taken care of if there are problems. When the support forum has no way to register, it is clearly there to give the false impression that products are supported when they are not. That's deceitful. All Caesar has to do is come in here and clear things up. I'll take back the comment when he does. I'm not emailing him because many are having the same problem and he is well aware of it. This problem will be handled publicly so everyone knows that this product is defective. Also, it is not a matter of the scenery being a FPS hog, it is truly defective and unusable. The problem is very similar to what Imaginesim had with KCLT, KIAD and KLGA - 1 fps when looking at the VASI lights.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

It is naive, especially these days, to expect that a company that's here today will still be here tomorrow - especially when it's probably a tiny outfit as I imagineTaxi2Go is. Did you buy the add-on from Taxi2Go or someone else like Simmarket? If the latter, your concerns should be addressed to it - afterall it took your money.

That is a shame and like I said hopefully They/He will get it sorted before a tarnished image of his products force him out of business. To be honest I thought his products were pretty good, nothing spectacular but certainly worth the money I paid for them. He should at least make version 1.0 available for his customers until 2.0 is fixed. I certainly believe they are still an active company as it wasn't too long ago they released another airport. About the support forum, I don't know how dated it was but I read a message in there someplace that said they were migrating to a new host maybe that's why you weren't able to register?

RE Thomason Jr.

Guest Turboblower
It is naive, especially these days, to expect that a company that's here today will still be here tomorrow - especially when it's probably a tiny outfit as I imagineTaxi2Go is. Did you buy the add-on from Taxi2Go or someone else like Simmarket? If the latter, your concerns should be addressed to it - afterall it took your money.
I see you did not read Jeff's post. At least have the manners to read it first, then comment. IE simmarket.I agree that Simmarket should be telling prospective buyers that it is currently unsupported.

Naive? If that's the logic we should go by, it'll be impossible to buy anything anymore. Besides, Taxi2Gate has already had quite some releases. Without some actual signs that the company is going under, there is no reason to expect that "they will be gone the next day".

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Did you buy the add-on from Taxi2Go or someone else like Simmarket? If the latter, your concerns should be addressed to it - afterall it took your money.
Actually, simmarket don´t give support for any product. They just sells it and do the delivery. Support must be given by the developer directly.

Naive? If that's the logic we should go by, it'll be impossible to buy anything anymore. Besides, Taxi2Gate has already had quite some releases. Without some actual signs that the company is going under, there is no reason to expect that "they will be gone the next day".
You misunderstand. Of course we buy things. But depending on the amount we intend to spend take appropriate steps to protect ourselves as far as popssible before buying. If we're investing $1000s we make sure that we chose a bank that has state protection. If we're buying a $50 flight sim add-on we have to be realistic enough to accept the money's gone and the company may also have gone. There is rarely any evidence available to outsiders that a company is in trouble.- it just stops trading!

Actually, simmarket don´t give support for any product. They just sells it and do the delivery. Support must be given by the developer directly.
If you buy from a company that doesn't provide support then you've no right to support. The contract, in this instance, is between the buyer and Simmarket - Taxi2Go isn't a party to it and has no obligations under it - other than what it may have agreed with Simmarked and was in the agreement made when purchasing.

I think you don´t know simmarket business model. They deliver the product in exchange for a % of the product value. Taxi2Gate recieves the money of their product, in other words Taxi2Gate has participation in the process.And yes, we have support from every company that sells thru simmarket. And yes, we have right to support as allways have. In your "perfect business model" above, every FS developer should have a web shop to deals directly with the customer to support be granted. And if you read what the OP said, Taxi2Gate HAS a forum to do these kind of stuff. It´s just not working now, and no evidence of working in a fix of their recent products.