Sign in to follow this  
Jetman67

Real World NGX Pilots how on earth do you remember all this

It just sounded strange. Thumbrule speeds don't really agree with this kind of airplane I guess. I don't know... nevermind.
Just trying to give the original question a general answer, your milage may vary :-)

Jay

-First assign keyboard keys through the CDU for the hard disengage of both autothrottle and autopilot. First click disengages, second click disables the aural and visual warnings.-Second, assign buttons on your controller to the keys you set in the CDU. It can be done through fsuipc (if you have a registered version).
Good question !! Just to backup a little first to make sure you are properly configured for a nice landing !!Set autobrake to 2 or 3. Arm the speed brakes (shift + /)When the glideslope diamond statrs to move down....gear down and flaps 15.Dial your speed bug down to match flaps 15.When the speed is AT flaps 15 select flaps 30 (landing flaps)Dial your speed bug down to VREF + 5 ( just park the speed bug on top of the VREF number and you got it) At about 200 ft disengage the autopilot and let the plane descend.A gentle flare at 10 ft and when you touch down keep forward pressure on the controls.
Flex, What keyboard keys are the most popular for assigning the task of disconnect/silence alarms? I do not have the paid version of FSUIPC. Fred, Thanks. Exactly what I was looking for. I repied just after your post from my iPhone but only repied to all AvSim moderators all at once and not to the post. duh. I will have to set me up a saved game at the OM and practice watching the airspeed tape and adding flaps and gear at the proper time. Like everything else, good practice is good. Thanks again. Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Flex, What keyboard keys are the most popular for assigning the task of disconnect/silence alarms? I do not have the paid version of FSUIPC.
The letter Z. You won't be using it in the standard Flight simulator way anymore. From now on you connect the autopilots by clicking on the actual MCP, and disconnect with the letter Z. I recommend you to find a way to map the Z key to a button in your controller. FSUIPC will do that and a lot more. FSUIPC is kind of a must for any serious simmer.

Omar Josef
737/757/767

Just trying to give the original question a general answer, your milage may vary :-)
he has a point....150? That's a fast landing. What flaps is that? Flaps 10? I land at 135ish full config

he has a point....150? That's a fast landing. What flaps is that? Flaps 10? I land at 135ish full config
If you had read my post, I said 140 to 150 at FULL flaps.

Jay