Sign in to follow this  
Jetman67

Real World NGX Pilots how on earth do you remember all this

Wow !!! I am glad that I retired from flying early and went into Professional Flight Simulation instead.I find it much more interesting and a fantastic challenge on a daily basis.I still have to study a lot but it is much more interesting study. I love computer technology and it's use in Level D sims and fixed base trainers.
You create hardware for flight sims ?

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Wow !!! I am glad that I retired from flying early and went into Professional Flight Simulation instead.I find it much more interesting and a fantastic challenge on a daily basis.I still have to study a lot but it is much more interesting study. I love computer technology and it's use in Level D sims and fixed base trainers.
Well. I think Ryanair is actually part of the problem man. The only person I met during training who actually got to do jet time was a friend who paid to get a seat in Ryanair. 6 months later, the programme ended and she's back on the ground. I think she's flying windmill now as an instructor.
So much negativity in this thread, wow. Maybe I am 'old school', but I wish I had the opportunities when I started flying that are now available to anyone wanting an aviation career. Flying isn't a profession, it's a calling. If you love to fly, you will find a way to do it, it's not all about airline flying, there are literally hundreds of flying jobs available. "As of the end of 2009, in the US, there were an estimated 594,285 active certificated pilots. This number has been declining gradually over the past several decades, down from a high of over 827,000 pilots in 1980. The numbers include:
  • 72,280 student pilots
  • 234 recreational pilots
  • 3,248 sport pilots
  • 211,619 private pilots
  • 125,738 commercial pilots
  • 144,600 airline transport pilots
  • 21,268 glider-only pilots
  • 15,298 rotorcraft-(helicopter)-only pilots

These numbers are based on the highest certifications held by individual pilots.There were also 94,863 certified flight instructors (CFIs), and 323,495 pilots overall who held instrument ratings.An active pilot is defined as one who holds both a pilot certificate and a valid medical certificate, for certifications that require a medical certificate."

That makes absolutely no point. If any, a point to show that there are more pilots than are demanded by the industry.

Omar Josef
737/757/767

You create hardware for flight sims ?
Not really !! I source 737 cockpits from the breakers and we then can build a very real fixed base trainerwith full working panels etc................. I will post a pic of my own sim in a few moments. Fred.

Not really !! I source 737 cockpits from the breakers and we then can build a very real fixed base trainerwith full working panels etc................. I will post a pic of my own sim in a few moments. Fred.
Cool stuff, how expensive are these pits ? Yeah yeah please do post a pic.

Well. I think Ryanair is actually part of the problem man. The only person I met during training who actually got to do jet time was a friend who paid to get a seat in Ryanair. 6 months later, the programme ended and she's back on the ground. I think she's flying windmill now as an instructor. That makes absolutely no point. If any, a point to show that there are more pilots than are demanded by the industry.
I have met some young guys and gals who have spent up to 100,000 euros on their education and trainingand still can not find work with an airline !! It is not an easy life as some people imagine.@ Ironmaiden !! I use real Boeing controls, rudder pedals, throttle quadrant, tiller, seats and a few other Boeing bits and pieces.All of the other stuff is from Flightdeck Solutions in Toronto.The software is Project Magenta and FSX.

I have met some young guys and gals who have spent up to 100,000 euros on their education and trainingand still can not find work with an airline !! It is not an easy life as some people imagine. @ Ironmaiden !! I use real Boeing controls, rudder pedals, throttle quadrant, tiller, seats and a few other Boeing bits and pieces.All of the other stuff is from Flightdeck Solutions in Toronto.The software is Project Magenta and FSX.
Hey I have seen that pit somewhere here in the forums and I did comment on it. It has some 8 Dell Pc's running , how I wish I could do that and I did ask in that post how was it done. I have heard of project magneta.

Hey I have seen that pit somewhere here in the forums and I did comment on it. It has some 8 Dell Pc's running , how I wish I could do that and I did ask in that post how was it done. I have heard of project magneta.
Yes, I have posted it before !! It is my home setup.Worked on it for about 2 years. Everything works in it.................even the autothrottles.They are driven by a small electric motor and controlled via custom software.

Yes, I have posted it before !! It is my home setup.Worked on it for about 2 years. Everything works in it.................even the autothrottles.They are driven by a small electric motor and controlled via custom software.
Wow is it possible that I could do that ? I have two more system sitting one is a Sempron which is running my Linux server for emails and junk control and etc... and the other is a P4 .

This is a better pic !!! This sim is my Pride and Joy !!

I have met some young guys and gals who have spent up to 100,000 euros on their education and trainingand still can not find work with an airline !! It is not an easy life as some people imagine.
Of course it isnt easy, nothing worthwhile is. The point was that there are many ways to get a flying 'job' exclusive of the major airlines....Here is some interesting info for anyone thinking about flying for a living....http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos107.htm

Jay

This is a better pic !!! This sim is my Pride and Joy !!
This is the sim pit or the real one ? it looks real to me even outside looks real.

Hello I never made it to ATPL but it always amazes me that RW NG drivers can remember all this stuff, its an incredible amount of detail to remember, was the line training very stressful and how long does it take before you are comfortable and can handle emergency situations, I dont know if I could ever remember all this stuff absolute best of the best i guess, suppose you need to be rather intellegent Wayne
I am also amazed with this and it is probably the very reason that I enjoy flight simulation with extremely complex aircraft like the NGX (which there is nothing else like the NGX).To me, it takes a certain kind of individual to be a commercial pilot on an aircraft like the NG, but they probably wouldn't recognize that of themselves.I make signs, wrap and letter vehicles, but when I make a mistake, nobody dies. What a burden it would be if I knew that so many people depended on my training and knowing that I didn't doze off on a lecture!

This is the sim pit or the real one ? it looks real to me even outside looks real.
Yes it does look fairly real !! If you look closely above the captains glareshield you will see the Edge Blending between the left and centre outside projectors.It took monts to get this looking good.The Edge Blending software is fantastic for 3 projectors. Can you see what I am referring to ?

Yes it does look fairly real !! If you look closely above the captains glareshield you will see the Edge Blending between the left and centre outside projectors.It took monts to get this looking good.The Edge Blending software is fantastic for 3 projectors. Can you see what I am referring to ?
Nope I can't