Sign in to follow this  
Jetman67

Real World NGX Pilots how on earth do you remember all this

It is where the image from one projector meets the other !! The software I use is called Sol 7. This link explains it very easily.http://www.immersavi...s/edge-blending
Oh ok so everything looks together.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

I know this is far from the level these guys are working at but recently i got sent on a Heavy Crane Operators Course that i didn't really want to do through the Army. I am as thick as they come academically. This course was squashed down into a 3 day intense session due to cuts and a time constraint on the instructors and other factors. When i arrived and got the course notes and the highlighted stuff i HAVE to KNOW or you will fail i nearly fainted and the instructors just hit us with information like it was belt fed ammunition. I never in a million years thought i could take on all the maths and data i had to take in. I revised as much as i could and gave it maximum effort. On the last day we had the exam and i scored 2nd highest in the group with 90% i was gobsmacked and couldn't believe that an uneducated soldier like myself could do that but i did. Nothing is impossible (as some cooperate ** at addidas once said i do believe)

I know this is far from the level these guys are working at but recently i got sent on a Heavy Crane Operators Course that i didn't really want to do through the Army. I am as thick as they come academically. This course was squashed down into a 3 day intense session due to cuts and a time constraint on the instructors and other factors. When i arrived and got the course notes and the highlighted stuff i HAVE to KNOW or you will fail i nearly fainted and the instructors just hit us with information like it was belt fed ammunition. I never in a million years thought i could take on all the maths and data i had to take in. I revised as much as i could and gave it maximum effort. On the last day we had the exam and i scored 2nd highest in the group with 90% i was gobsmacked and couldn't believe that an uneducated soldier like myself could do that but i did. Nothing is impossible (as some cooperate ** at addidas once said i do believe)
That's determination and wish I had that, I would have never failed in maths during schooling days Big Grin.gif . X-files I want to believe.

Hey guys, could you tell me what 'Recall' is on the checklist? I haven't seen this before.

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Hey guys, could you tell me what 'Recall' is on the checklist? I haven't seen this before.
Hi Ray ! Recall is the litle blank panel next to the Master Caution button.When you press recall you will see 6 items and if one of the items stays lit then it meansyou must do someting about it on the overhead panel. They are known as the " Six Packs " because there are 6 on both captains and FO's side.It is the Reacall button. Fred.

Beside the master fire and cation lights on that black coloured anunciator, press that. That checks all the systems to make sure they're all corectly configured and working properly incase you canceled a caution warning earlier on and forgot about it... Edit: Beaten again....mellow.png

Edited by Rónán O Cadhain

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

spa4.JPG
Excellent. All responses. Thanks.Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

What a brilliant thread ! I did, at one time, consider a career in aviation - in my teens I had to attend an interviewat Broughton, near Chester, UK when they were building & testing DeHaviland aircraft - wellbefore the Airbus came on the scene. I didn't get in - the quota had been reached. Some 50 years later, I realise that I may have been very lucky in not entering thesystem. I have seen/met/studied many ex-pilots over the years, who have, for manydifferent reasons, been grounded either from health/unemployment or whatever.Nearly all those who I have met made me realise that flying is a drug, and their'grounding' is very difficult to accept. I cannot think of any other profession that has such an effect on those who 'retire'. Ernest Gann's 'Fate Is The Hunter' describes this very well, when he refers to theauthor's feelings on watching Howe's face - a pilot with 17000 hrs in the cockpit,forced to fly as the authors co-pilot due to a shortage of pilot vacancies.If you haven't read this book, I would suggest that you do. Excellent reading.Reading this thread is almost like reading that book again. RegardsBill CusickFormby, UK0.9 nm SW R03 EGOW

I cannot think of any other profession that has such an effect on those who 'retire'.
Yes. I am always very negative when I talk about this because I'm biased by how unlucky I was, but honestly, aviation has brought extreme happiness to many people even today. There are people who just got the job in the perfect timing some 10 years ago, and now they are well established and very close to becoming captains. There are also other folks that became captains very quickly in airlines which offer fast track opportunities. Remember there are people out there flying a380s and 777-300ER in their early 30s (that must be heaven). When you are young, long haul is great. BUT ALSO, there are many people out there who learned to be happy flying even if they didn't make it to the airlines. In my flightschool we had many instructors and examiners who were in their late 50s, just enjoying life. Then there are many executive transport pilots who can't complain either. Ultimately there are people who just retired, entered a flightclub and became weekend flyers who go play a match ot tennis at the airdrome and hit the sky for a couple hours as the wifes prepare the barbeque in the hangar (sexist!). There's something special about the attitude towards life of someone who has flown all his life, and that is completely unrelated to the MTOW.

Omar Josef
737/757/767

wow Frederick how much does it cost to build that sim, its fantastic indeed wayne

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

This is one hell of an industry, you have to be lucky but it's not always for everyone, of my original class that was taken on for the cadetship back in '88, 8 left the industry because they couldn't hack it, 3 lost their medicals and 2 passed away... ATM there's only 5 of the original class left in EIN. It can be a very challenging industry, but also a very rewarding one. You just have to be prepared for the good and the bad...

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

wow Frederick how much does it cost to build that sim, its fantastic indeed wayne
Thanks ! It cost me about 60.000 euros but I was lucky it cost so little.On average a sim like that would be about 200,000 euros. I managed to get the real cockpit abd the other Boeing stuff very cheap.In the right place at the right time !! Fred.

Thanks ! It cost me about 60.00 euros but I was lucky it cost so little.On average a sim like that would be about 200,000 euros. I managed to get the real cockpit abd the other Boeing stuff very cheap.In the right place at the right time !! Fred.
Is that 60 euros or 6000 euros ?