Sign in to follow this  
UNITED995

Out Of Theatre

Hello all, I am the wife of Phil S (he is known here mostly as Dougal I understand). Phil asked me to login here and pass on that his surgery was reasonably successful. He is none too happy at the moment, as the surgeon has told him he's not allowed home to his (precious?!) flightsim for "some time", but apparently did not qualify this (cannot say I mind too much!). I have absolutely no understanding of what he means, but says "are there any 'SOPS' for this'? He says you will understand!? I have taken him a small netbook and understand there will be wifi access soon. This MIGHT keep him happy, for a while at least;-) He asked me to say a special thank you to Ryan - So Thank You Ryan!

Thanks for that Update on the op. Wish him All The Best for a good recuperation. At least he's not going to miss his beloved sim and plane,Better than just staring up,or all around,bored to tears.

Wow, Phil is a lucky guy! I don't think my wife would post on a flight sim forum for me... It's good to hear he's doing well though.

Congratulations on the surgery! I am sure he will pull through to a full recovery!

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

I'm very glad to hear his operation was a success - tell him the SOPs (that's "Standard Operating Procedures" by the way) is for him to rest and get well!

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Very glad to hear that he is doing well

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

Great to hear that Dougal's surgery was a success. SARs (SIm Aviation Regulations) specify that sim pilots are not allowed to operate desktop machinery while under the influence of any substance.....LOL. I know what he is going through, I had surgery back in May and was away from my throne for 2 weeks, and the withdrawal effects were horrific - the good thing was I got too spend more time with my wife. however she quickly became annoyed with me since I kept asking for my Mom....LOL. Let him know that he is required to gets lots of rest for he is going to have to go back to re-current training after being away of the 737 for so long.

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

Good news, tell him to get well soon and fly out of there. Steve

Hello boys! Just had a call from Phil Say's he's okay apart from a VERY sore headShocked.gif but that he can't sign in here. Something about the clinic using a 'proxy server'. (don't think he said 'poxy'Worried.gif ) Val

Hello boys! Just had a call from Phil Say's he's okay apart from a VERY sore headShocked.gif but that he can't sign in here. Something about the clinic using a 'proxy server'. (don't think he said 'poxy'Worried.gif ) Val
Nice one Val.At least his sore head has not dented his sense of humour,re:'poxy' server,.......oops,correction,proxy server! Wish him a speedy recovery from all of us.

Well, here's a turn up guys..... I'm out AND back home! I expected to spend at least 3 weeks cooped up in that place, followed by a considerably longer convalescence. Things went far better than I could have dared even hope for! I'm SO chuffed!!! Have to return for a couple of days next week for an MRI scan and to check for any infection etc, but apart from that, I now have the ALL CLEAR!!!!And... wait for this right.... they DID find a brain in there after allim%20Not%20Worthy.gif I know, I know, some of you 'old-timers' won't believe that. Well, it's true, I have it in writingLOL.gif Seems you were introduced to my err.... better half, during my absence too. What a treat for you eh? Whistle.gif Gotta say that, she bought me ASE for FSX while I was away. Seriously though, thank you for all the kind words. Especially from folk I didn't even know - thanks guys! I did try to post here from the hospital, but they operate (pardon the pun!) some sort of proxy server in there, so Avsim wouldn't let me post. Now all I have to do is find enough energy and brain power to climb into the NGX cockpit!Owerrr.... I do hope the doc doesn't come on here and see that. Guys, I know this ain't the place for this kind o'stuff but, by *** it feels good to be alive today! Things could have been very different.

Well, here's a turn up guys..... I'm out AND back home! I expected to spend at least 3 weeks cooped up in that place, followed by a considerably longer convalescence. Things went far better than I could have dared even hope for! I'm SO chuffed!!! Have to return for a couple of days next week for an MRI scan and to check for any infection etc, but apart from that, I now have the ALL CLEAR!!!!And... wait for this right.... they DID find a brain in there after allim%20Not%20Worthy.gif I know, I know, some of you 'old-timers' won't believe that. Well, it's true, I have it in writingLOL.gif Seems you were introduced to my err.... better half, during my absence too. What a treat for you eh? Whistle.gif Gotta say that, she bought me ASE for FSX while I was away. Seriously though, thank you for all the kind words. Especially from folk I didn't even know - thanks guys! I did try to post here from the hospital, but they operate (pardon the pun!) some sort of proxy server in there, so Avsim wouldn't let me post. Now all I have to do is find enough energy and brain power to climb into the NGX cockpit!Owerrr.... I do hope the doc doesn't come on here and see that. Guys, I know this ain't the place for this kind o'stuff but, by *** it feels good to be alive today! Things could have been very different.
That is fantastic news man, I am glad your in the mental space your at right now life is very very wonderful indeed, I guess it makes you really appreciate what you have Phil!! The NGX will be waiting in the hanger for your arrival!, and I tell you it won't disappoint in the slightest!! I have surgery [not as serious] on sept 7th, and I am sh***ing bricks about it, but I will take your story as inspiration :)

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK