Sign in to follow this  
airhub

NGX Autopilot not engaging anymore

Hi

I don't know if this is the case, but I've had the same problem with the AP on some flights and with the APU on others.(The APU wouldn't start without having any problems)

My system is worse than Milton's and I have only 3GB of RAM.(I'm planning on upgrading my computer soon)

My reason for the problem was the FS running out of memory. When my AP failed to engage I decided to turn on the dome light to look at the screen better, and the FS crashed with 'ran out of memory' message.

Try flying at night and switching the dome light once you get the problem. This could be the probable cause for your problem.

Also, I've got a question. Does the FSX accumulate RAM usage as time passes after first turning it on? & How much RAM do you guys recommend in a W7 64bit system?

Cheers, from Seoul

*BUMP*

i'm experiencing this behaviour... i have the FD active, VNAV and LNAV, climbing up just out of departure, flight stick centered and no feedback, pressing CMD A or B does nothing.

Turned off realistic AP engage, same behaviour.

Im following the fantastic cold and dark tutorial from KIAH to KLAX, checked everything a couple of times, cant find a reason why it wont activate.

Tabs is right most common problem is your trim wheel on your hardware move it a bit down or up and let go of the yoke of stick start hitting ap you will see if the trim wheel is not in a correct position that ap will not come on give it a go you will see.

Rich Sennett

A Short Term 'Dirty' Fix: Not ideal but at least can get fly again: .......The 'Dirty' fix [/b][/i]that has at least allowed me to engage the A/P on my first tests and therefore continue my flight. (Need to test more to see how it fully works): 1) goto FMC -> Menu -> PMDG SETUP2) select AIRCRAFT3) select EQUIPMENT4) select REALISTIC AP ENGAGEMENT to OFF (was set to on)5) enjoy your flight ?....: !

Actually you need to :

1) goto FMC -> Menu -> PMDG SETUP

2) options->simulation->page 2/3, to get to the realistic AP engagement on or off...

Which for me still didn't work I have absolutely no control over anything in autopilot it will not engage and the ONLY way I can avoid crashing is to grab the stick and manhandle it.

I AM NOW TRYING TO DUMP PIII DAY AND THEN RELOAD IT AND'S RELOAD THE FLIGHT WHICH I SAVED IN THE SKY AND SEE IF I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM...

... Reloading the NGX from that flight file was successful and put me in the same place in the sky same conditions but I still can't get the autopilot come back on again

Any thoughts anybody?

Chaz

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Clear all failures in the FMC CDU options. Even if you haven't enabled failures there is a linkage simulated which can fail if you apply control input while the AP is engaged. This failure persists if you don't clear it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ki9cAAb.jpg