Sign in to follow this  
Paul Deemer

Crashes and Freezes Poll - Part 2

Please answer the following questions  

157 members have voted

1. 1. How many Flights have you made without a Crash or Freeze?

2. 2. Do you have a Crash, Freeze or Both?

• I have a Freeze but after a few seconds FSX resumes the Flight
    • I have a Freeze and FSX locks up on me
    • I have a Freeze and then FSX crashes to Desktop
    • The plane Freezes but FSX continues to run
    • I Crash to Desktop without a Freeze
  3. 3. At what point in the Flight do you experience a problem?

• When starting a new Flight
    • When powering up the Aircraft
    • When using the FMC
    • During Push and Start
    • While taxing to the Runway
    • On Takeoff
    • While climbing to Cruise
    • When at Cruise Altitude
    • On Descent
    • When Landing
    • When taxing to Gate
    • I freeze multiple times during a flight but it resumes after 2 or 3 seconds
    • When I load a Custom Panel State
  4. 4. Was your NGX ever running without any Crashes or Freezes?

• Yes - When I had no HotFixes Installed
    • Yes - When I had HotFix 1
    • Yes - When I had HotFix 2
    • Yes - When I had HotFix 3
    • No - Never
  5. 5. Did you do the Tutorial Flight?

• Yes - I completed the Tutorial Flight without any problems
    • No - I had a Crash or Freeze
    • No - I did not do the Tutorial Flight
  6. 6. Have you made any changes to your FSX.cfg File?

• Yes - I have made a few changes
    • Yes - I have heavily modified it
    • No - I have not made any changes
  7. 7. Have you made any changes to your FSUIPC.ini File?

• Yes - I have made a few changes
    • Yes - I have heavily modified it
    • No - I have not made any changes
    • I do not have the Registered Version of FSUIPC
  8. 8. Where is FSX located on your hard drive?

• Default Installation Path on Windows Drive
    • On Windows Drive but not the default Installation Path
    • I have it installed on a Drive seperate from Windows
  9. 9. Do you run FSX Shortcut, Installations and Addons as Administrator?

10. 10. How Familar are you with the NGX?

• I am fairly new to the NGX and still learning how to fly it.
    • I am a Pro and Knowledgable about it's systems and procedures

No, don't think so.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

This is for people that did Have Crashes and Freezes. I thought the questions made that a little obvious? If not and your not having any issues delete your Vote please.

Paul your first poll was really the right format, but what I think is needed, is one like that for those who have no problems. Listing their specs and settings., This will show just how widespread the problem is (or not), and we can compare the specs and settings of those who have the problem (The first poll) to those who don't, to see i there is an identifiable difference that makes it work for them.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Paul your first poll was really the right format, but what I think is needed, is one like that for those who have no problems. Listing their specs and settings., This will show just how widespread the problem is (or not), and we can compare the specs and settings of those who have the problem (The first poll) to those who don't, to see i there is an identifiable difference that makes it work for them.
Had to get some sleep Tom, eyes were getting shifty. Starting to think NGX Forum Addiction can be bad on your health. Just%20Kidding.gif Anyway just covering all the bases. Going to put up Part 3 now for those that do not have any crashes. So look for that.
For those of us having crashes, freezes. I dont care how wide spread is! what is that proving? You questioning if it is happening and its not "our" settings! The pole clearly shows one aspect. Before coming on here and stating I did blah,blah,blah and flew one or two flights and have no more feezes. Perform at least 15 flights then evaluate your "fix"
Randy stop whinng in my threads okay? If your not gonna be part of the solution don't be a part of the problem .

Had to get soe sleep Tom, eyes were getting shifty. Starting to think NGX Forum Addiction can be bad on your health. Just%20Kidding.gif Anyway just covering all the bases. Going to put up Part 3 now for those that do not have any crashes. So look for that.
I'll keep an eye out for Part 3. Thanks, Paul.

For those of us having crashes, freezes. I dont care how wide spread is! what is that proving? You questioning if it is happening and its not "our" settings! The pole clearly shows one aspect. Before coming on here and stating I did blah,blah,blah and flew one or two flights and have no more feezes. Perform at least 15 flights then evaluate your "fix"
One I have the problem also, so I'm not trying to undermine it. It would be helpful though to know how many does vs those who say they don't, since PMDG says they can't reproduce it. It's also helpful to know how they are setup vs how we are setup, as maybe there is a reason they don't have the problem, say they use photoreal scenery without Autogen, or they don't use traffic. Many times I get a freeze it is shortly followed up with a OOM, That tells me this plane is eating memory (VAS) up. In fact looking at the resource manager in the task monitor shows FSX is using 1.9GB in the private column and 2.1GB in the commit column at the time of the OOM. (The amount of VAS Windows allocates to the APP.) That is only 200MB wiggle room, and is the highest I've ever seen FSX use.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I can only answer a few of the questions...Will have to wait for next poll.

Jeff Hendershot
"Roger, Roger...What's Our Vector, Victor?"

I'm missing an option on the poll for when I experience a freeze/crash. FSX locks up when I do an "End Flight" from the NGX. This never happened prior to installation. I have Hotfix 3 installed. This happened prior to installation of Hotfix 3 (RTM version) and after installation.

Could I suggest to add another question? Question 1 is not representative (IMHO) of how often freezes or CTDs happen, I would add a question regarding how many CTDs or freezes are got every X flights. For example answer options could be these: None, within 5% (which is 1 CTD every 20 flights), 5 to 10% (which is up to 1 CTD every 10 flights), 10 to 20%, over 20% or any other scale you want.Thank you. Bye.