Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Known problems / fixes

Picked up from below: Differential braking, two edits to make: Quote: "Ok, found another bug in the aircraft.cfg file. brake mapping was set to left for both main wheels. Strange enough full right brake application still made the 337 turn right.... point.2 = 1, -12.2, 3.8, -3.63, 1500, 1, 0.88, 0, 0.2625, 2.0624, 0.85, 11.0, 13.0, 2, 152, 200 ------ > -------- the 1 in the 3rd line (point.2) needs to be changed to 2 Nevertheless the differential braking scale should be left at the 'new' 0.7 value "

Bert

Do the master battery/generator switches play any part in the running of this plane? With both switches off, the flaps still work, the engines start and the avionics/GPS work. That's not right is it? Or is it. unsure.png Oh, and the flaps sound is very loud. Although this is something I can edit myself

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Do the master battery/generator switches play any part in the running of this plane? With both switches off, the flaps still work, the engines start and the avionics/GPS work. That's not right is it? Or is it. unsure.png
By the magical process that is known as FSX everything is back to the way it should be. Jeez! I took out this hobby for RELAXATION! Aaaagh!

I've noticed that the strobe light switch also turns on the nav lights even though the nav light switch is off.

Remember ....... it is better to break ground and fly into the wind than to break wind and fly into the ground !!

1747228-s-0.jpg

Dave S.

Sorry about that, my mistake.When I was adding Shockwave lights to the plane, I mistakenly made the strobes and nav lights the same type of light.Got it straightened out now.If anybody wants the shockwave light config for the 337, post a reply or contact me.

Remember ....... it is better to break ground and fly into the wind than to break wind and fly into the ground !!

1747228-s-0.jpg

Dave S.

......Oh, and the flaps sound is very loud....
I was told the simple way of editing sound volumes. (thanks Ross) sound.cfg, Flaps, change the 30000 to, in my case, 8000 which sounds about right. Of course you lot knew that already eh? :)

I was told the simple way of editing sound volumes. (thanks Ross) sound.cfg, Flaps, change the 30000 to, in my case, 8000 which sounds about right. Of course you lot knew that already eh? :)
I did not. Thanks, Ron. Cheers,Fritz

Do the master battery/generator switches play any part in the running of this plane? With both switches off, the flaps still work, the engines start and the avionics/GPS work. That's not right is it? Or is it. unsure.png
I get that on nearly all my Carenado birds and always related it to the 'tweak' from FSUIPC with the unlimited battery.The strange thing is that I can shut her down and the avionics and stuff are off. Then after some minutes I see them on again, although I didn't touch the battery master.I'm running her with the RXP, maybe this adds something there since all my Carenados fly the RXP. I think a nearby fuel point could trigger this, but there was none when it happened. Must be the Gremlins. Shocked.gif

..... this thing with the avionic, it happened to me too, and if I'm away, it drain my battery..... no good Shocked.gif

Regarding my self-powering avionics from the previous post.I don't think this is Carenado related since it just happened with the piston Duke. Maybe my RXP config enables some power where it shouldn't, but I can't pinpoint the issue so far. I just had the plane completely dark, so batteries and stuff off and the RXP units came on for some seconds, then went off. Those Gremlins again.