Sign in to follow this  
drewsaw2

Aerobatic aircraft

Any good race or aerobatic planes out there that are a step above the (not so) trusty Extra 300? Free or fee, it doesn't matter. Just curious.

CPU: i7-9700KF stable @ 5.0GHz | MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero | GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 Ti @ stock | RAM: G. Skill Trident Z 32GB (2x16GB) 3200Mhz | PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus | COOLING: Deepcool Castle 240 AIO | PANEL: 27" @ 1080p

Yup, I've linked some good ones below (I have all of these and they are all cool). If you want something like the default Extra that is a lot better than it, note that one of those linked below (the Sukhoi SU-26) is a great choice, all the others are biplanes, so not quite a direct replacement for the Extra, but good all the same. Also note that you can buy these from plenty of places and Simmarket might not be the cheapest one, so these links are just for convenience: http://secure.simmar...ten-eagle.phtml http://secure.simmar...-s-2b-fsx.phtml http://secure.simmar...hoi-su-26.phtml http://www.addictive.it/Pitts/ You'll need rudder pedals to get the best out of all these by the way. Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

That pitts from addictive simulations looks good. I went up in a pitts about a year ago. Nearly sucked my face off but it was a ton of fun

CPU: i7-9700KF stable @ 5.0GHz | MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero | GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 Ti @ stock | RAM: G. Skill Trident Z 32GB (2x16GB) 3200Mhz | PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus | COOLING: Deepcool Castle 240 AIO | PANEL: 27" @ 1080p

There's an Avsim review of the Addictive Pitts (by me in fact) if you want more info on it. It is tricky to fly, some of the other ones are a little bit easier to get to grips with, so don't expect to be doing perfect four point rolls in it within ten minutes of installing it. A good companion to all of the above is the FS add-on 'Airshow Pilot' from Just Flight incidentally, which is fun and very challenging, as well as being quite a good tool for practicing your aeros. Al

Alan Bradbury

There's a Cap10 in the Avsim library check these files out: sd_cap10fsx.zipcap10_marine.zipvhylovhszy.zip They are very good.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

If you can hang on for a few weeks, the SibWings Pitts S-1 is in beta at this moment. Yes - it's absolutely fully aerobatic.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

If you can hang on for a few weeks, the SibWings Pitts S-1 is in beta at this moment. Yes - it's absolutely fully aerobatic.
Sibwings looks like they have some quality products. I didn't know anything about them. How do they fly? Flight dynamics are important to me

I suppose only the developer is in a position to tell you that about their Pitts, since that one isn't released yet. Al

Alan Bradbury

No - I'm just involved with testing. There's lots of activity but no release date.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Lotus simulations L-39 Albatros has a great version of a bird flown in the Reno air races, since you asked for aero or racing aircraft. RealAir has great aircraft and the SF260 and Decathlon will both fly very well and have spin capabilities coded in well.

Check out Piglet's freeware Zlin... excellent FDE, capable of hammerheads etc... http://www.flightsim...e=ZLINZ-50L.ZIP

Lotus simulations L-39 Albatros has a great version of a bird flown in the Reno air races, since you asked for aero or racing aircraft. RealAir has great aircraft and the SF260 and Decathlon will both fly very well and have spin capabilities coded in well.
Agreed - I own all of those! Superb, especially the L39!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |