Sign in to follow this  
JJJackson

Is there anyone out there that LIKES the 737NGX?

Who ever said that FSX & the PMDG does not run well on the AMD platform ?? I run an AMD Dual Core, Windows XP 32, 4 Gig ram, and old Nvidai 8800 Video card, and it runs just fine !!( Runs fine in P3D on the same platform as well !! ) If it can run OK, on my machine, then it should run great on the faster I7's under W7-64 @ 4+ Ghz !!
Read carefully my post, as well as the post I quoted. It's what you might call a metaphore of sorts :( No one said it doesn't run well on AMD. It was an example.

Cristi Neagu

To me it seems that you are still a kid!!!!!LOL.gif
not at all ... you and your friend were the ones with the kid saying. Thats the problem with you electronic bullys, its always the other guys fault.

Read carefully my post, as well as the post I quoted. It's what you might call a metaphore of sorts tongue.png No one said it doesn't run well on AMD. It was an example.
I was just really making the point, that one does not need a $3000+ state of the art, i7 with a $500+ video card, to run the PMDG without it crashing, or having too low a frame rate to be flyable.

I was just really making the point, that one does not need a $3000+ state of the art, i7 with a $500+ video card, to run the PMDG without it crashing, or having too low a frame rate to be flyable.
Yup. Couldn't agree more. I have a dual core E7600 OC to about 3.4GHz, with a 1GB 9800GT. I don't find my setup especially groundbreaking, but the NGX runs just fine on my computer, and I really don't need to skimp on the details that much.

Cristi Neagu

I hate it .. its like,.... if you see things different than me, I'm gonna take my ball and go home. Just reminds me of the babies I used to hang with when i was a kid.
You can come play in my Sandpit any time -- bring your bucket and spade .. 2.1285241200.sand-airplane-at-cadiz.jpg

You can come play in my Sandpit any time -- bring your bucket and spade .. 2.1285241200.sand-airplane-at-cadiz.jpg
Hey look! It's PMDG's Sand pigeonLOL.gifThat pilot's like: "How the hell did all this sand get in here!?".

Cristi Neagu

Livery Manager not working Geoff ? RTFM LOL.gifLOL.gifLOL.gif

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

nice . that took someone and lot of time.

After following this forum since day one, I have to ask myself...... are people doing everything they can to "dislike" an find "faults" in this product? I have had NO problems what so ever, so far, neither flying nor adding liveries. Why? Probably because I haven't tweaked, tweaked, tweaked and tweaked my FSX. I READ the installation instructions and followed them. I have NOT tried to go "behind the panels" and figure out/test "what happens if.../why". It is totally impossible for a developer to test 100:s of thousand PC combinations, tweaks and user faults. Once a PC-guru told me that, in his opinion, 99% of all errors are sitting 2 feet behind the keyboard!! So true! Let the guys at PMDG have some credit now so they can work with the SP and coming releases. They have produced a marvellous aircraft. The saying RTFM is, in my opinion, very applicable on some epostings. Jackthe Swede in Spain
I too have been flying this great addon since day one with just about zero problems but i don't use this forum to rub salt up some poor guy's a*ss that is having problems and probably still loves the a/c anyway, because one day i might have some problem and be asking for his help.So please, let's try to be a little less smug.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hate it or like it I don't know ?? what I know for one full month I wasn't able to fly any other add on, to me it's like waste of lot of fun and realism, so I guess FS will never be the same again after the development of the NGX

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

After following this forum since day one, I have to ask myself...... are people doing everything they can to "dislike" an find "faults" in this product? I have had NO problems what so ever, so far, neither flying nor adding liveries. Why? Probably because I haven't tweaked, tweaked, tweaked and tweaked my FSX. I READ the installation instructions and followed them. I have NOT tried to go "behind the panels" and figure out/test "what happens if.../why". It is totally impossible for a developer to test 100:s of thousand PC combinations, tweaks and user faults. Once a PC-guru told me that, in his opinion, 99% of all errors are sitting 2 feet behind the keyboard!! So true! Let the guys at PMDG have some credit now so they can work with the SP and coming releases. They have produced a marvellous aircraft. The saying RTFM is, in my opinion, very applicable on some epostings. Jackthe Swede in Spain
remember, a lot of the posters on here are the ones with issues. sure there's a few but its a forum, not a census. remember the Pareto principle ie. the 80/20 rule which you can apply to a lot of things eg. 80% of the posts on this forum come from 20% of the posters and vice versa. Think about the customers who AREN'T posting and are actually ENJOYING the product!! oh and I 'like' the PMDG 737 NGX :) (I could say love but that just wouldn't be proper, but you know what I mean).

ENB Series mod still works fine for me. However I am using an 8800gtx card and NVIDIA 197 Series drivers with Nhancer still. Its possible that a lot of people that have problems with the MOD are using the newer gen cards and 200 series drivers and Nvidia inspector and something in that setup does not like the Mod. I am also using the Shader 3 Mod. Hyper threading is a waste of money for FSX as it won't take advantage of it. If your just building the rig for FSX you can save a $100.00 going with the I5 2500k without hyper-threading vs the i7 2600k with hyper-threading. Sink that extra hundred into an even better video card than you had already planned on and your getting unmatched performance and value for your money.
+1 I have an i5 2500K @ 4.4Ghz and an older ATI 5750 video card. The NGX runs nice and smooth with the sliders set medium, lots of AI traffic and a moderate amount of scenery. To be honest I did not notice a significant amount of frame difference after the Overclock. I built this rig after a good bit of research and the i5 is THE chip for FSX and the NGX. Back OT....Congratulations PMDG on FSX's finest aircraft imho. I'm very happy with it. Can it be described as a 'game changer'?

+1 I have an i5 2500K @ 4.4Ghz and an older ATI 5750 video card. The NGX runs nice and smooth with the sliders set medium, lots of AI traffic and a moderate amount of scenery. To be honest I did not notice a significant amount of frame difference after the Overclock. I built this rig after a good bit of research and the i5 is THE chip for FSX and the NGX. Back OT....Congratulations PMDG on FSX's finest aircraft imho. I'm very happy with it. Can it be described as a 'game changer'?
And if i could turn back time that is what would be different on my rig, because i have HT diabled which turns my 2600k into a 2500k. Twenty, twenty hind site.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

My theory is this: A great many of the crashes and panel freezes people are experiencing have nothing to do with the NGX. Rather, for years people have flogged their systems with "tweak" after "tweak" and left themselves with a corrupt FSX installation, on top of which average addons are still able to run with some competency--and yet more "tweaks." It takes a complex, state of the art addon to expose these weaknesses. That's where the NGX comes in. If I were PMDG, I would change the company's slogan to "PMDG, Exposing Weakness and Corruption, One System at a Time." And, don't get me wrong, PMDG. That's a compliment. Trevor