Sign in to follow this  
HiFly

After the fix: New features/implemenations?

With regard to the CDU options, for AT override I see an option that I don't remember being there. Don't remember the exact wording, but enables AT override only when AT is in ARM or HOLD. And I compared the hotfix 3 aircraft.cfg with the new one, and I see major changes in the flaps lift area, as well as a slightly reduced toe brake scale. Also, the framerate is a lot more stable than before.

Cristi Neagu

I checked the charts and the FMC encoded Vref is indeed 5K over what it should be.
You probably made the same mistake I did, and looked at the wrong chart. The FMC computed VREF was always correct, I checked it against the manual. What was out, was the lift generated by the flaps on approach, hence the low deck angle. The attitude on approach is now correct for the 800, I haven't flown the 900 yet, so I can't comment on that. What is too high in regard to VREF, is the reduction associated with the short field package, so you will have to reduce that yourself, by 5 knots or so. Deck angle with the SFP reduced VREF should be 3.4 degrees up.

Gents- We'll provide you with a comprehensive list of items that were addressed when the SP1 comes out.... If this gives you guys an idea just how deep this simulation is: About half the items you guys have mentioned in this thread were already there in the RTM... We keep telling you that you will be discovering things in this product for years!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Also, forgot to mention in my previous comment, the external lights seem to be redone. The taxi light illuminates the ground so much better than before.

Cristi Neagu

I also think they fixed the center pedestal. Some people were staying that the part that holds the CDUs in front of the throttles was too high up and too close to the center DU, and to me atleast it looks much lower and properly placed. But then again, I've only seen pics of the real NG.

VNAV path pointer, deviation scale option has been added, the NGX only had the path deviation band, vertical ANP/RNP values option. I would like to thank Ryan and the PMDG team for adding this option.