Sign in to follow this  
Spook

2D panel thread.

Stop crying over split milk, has it stopped you flying the ngx no, its still one of the best addons even though it missing only one pop up panel being the qt, not like its missing 4 or 8
lol. i agree imagine if they had only modeled the captains side fmc, stop crying over spilt milk! has this stopped you from flying the ngx. no, u can still use the left one. its one of the best addons ever! the point is if they can get small details that im sure u havent even noticed modeled, then they should have the time model a 2d panel for those who dont have trackir, third party camera tools or a fast enough rig to run the vc. how would u feel if they modeled all the 2d panels and modeled part of the vc to be working. then you would have ppl on the other side of the fence complaining. try to look at something from somone elses eyes for a change not just urs. the reason ppl are upset is not all 2d vs 3d. its the fact that they didint not fully model the 2d and never mentioned it when ppl bought it. i recon they should fully impliment such a basic feature or not impliment it at all as state that u didnt just like with the j41. kaveesh.

2D panels or not...the real argument here is more to do with more honest communication between PMDG and it's customers... Well that's what I gather.

2D panels or not...the real argument here is more to do with more honest communication between PMDG and it's customers... Well that's what I gather.
well that what its about for me so spot on. not neccesarrly honest but more clear and trancparent. and probably a less more jumping up and down with emotion from them. i recon a simple thread or an faq on their website would probaly put end end alot of the fustrations or arguments here. like a list saying: we wont be doing this ine the future, we wont finish this, we dont want to impliment this because etc. theres also alot of threads where there is a genuine technical question and nobody from pmdg ever answers it to clear it up, they let it build into a debate, argument, and opinion from the users.

lol. i agree imagine if they had only modeled the captains side fmc, stop crying over spilt milk! has this stopped you from flying the ngx. no, u can still use the left one. its one of the best addons ever! the point is if they can get small details that im sure u havent even noticed modeled, then they should have the time model a 2d panel for those who dont have trackir, third party camera tools or a fast enough rig to run the vc. how would u feel if they modeled all the 2d panels and modeled part of the vc to be working. then you would have ppl on the other side of the fence complaining. try to look at something from somone elses eyes for a change not just urs. the reason ppl are upset is not all 2d vs 3d. its the fact that they didint not fully model the 2d and never mentioned it when ppl bought it. i recon they should fully impliment such a basic feature or not impliment it at all as state that u didnt just like with the j41. kaveesh.
Iam no expert on programing on how it works, but have you thought that they cant add the extra pop up due to the fact of the limitations of fsx. As tabs has already explained on the reasoning of not including it in the first place. Maybe you got more knowledge in programing than I do on how these these things work.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Iam no expert on programing on how it works, but have you thought that they cant add the extra pop up due to the fact of the limitations of fsx. As tabs has already explained on the reasoning of not including it in the first place. Maybe you got more knowledge in programing than I do on how these these things work.
I believe the limitation is purely a commercial one, 2D panels take time to develop and the number of people using them has diminished considerably over the past few years.

AMD • 5800X3D • RX7900 XT • B550 • 32GB DDR4
pmdgswitch.jpg

I believe the limitation is purely a commercial one, 2D panels take time to develop and the number of people using them has diminished considerably over the past few years.
Do you have any evidence to back that claim up?

Do you have any evidence to back that claim up?
Do you have any evidence to prove me wrong? I'm not bashing 2D panel users, I'm just pointing out a commercial reality.

AMD • 5800X3D • RX7900 XT • B550 • 32GB DDR4
pmdgswitch.jpg

Do you have any evidence to prove me wrong? I'm not bashing 2D panel users, I'm just pointing out a commercial reality.
dont get him going you only feeding him

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Not nearly as long as a VC takes to develop, surely? I'd be interested to hear how much extra time goes into creating 2D panels compared to the VC (which clearly has to be provided, no argument about that). I think most 2D panel users would be happy if PMDG completed the NGX with a fairly basic plan view pedestal rendering. It doesn't have to be as beautifully animated as the VC pedestal (which is a thing of great beauty, especially the way the rubber seals flex around the levers). Kevin Hall

ki9cAAb.jpg

Please don't be patronising....If you really understood where 2D panel users were coming from you wouldn't keep trying to say 2D was dead. "Just get over it" is easy to say if what's missing is something you don't care about. It's not satisfactory if the missing piece is important to you. Kevin Hall
Can you point to a single FS9 or FSX user that has not spent most of their flight career using 2D panels? Even today, most add on aircraft have to be flown from 2D panels because either no VC exists, or it is just not good enough. So when you suggest we do not know where you are coming from, you are ignoring the fact that we are all very, very familiar with 2D panel usage. Does the fact that so many of us are so adamant that VC is not just a bit better but so much better, not give you the vaguest clue that perhaps it is not us misunderstanding your needs for 2D, but you misunderstanding the opertunites of VC? To put your 'demands' in context, how would you feel about posters on this forum demanding that NGX be stripped of advanced features 'that no one ever uses' so they could get 50fps on their Pentium IV's? Such posters would insist that their needs were reasonable and legitimate and that they had no interest in the new fangled features of the FMC or that GPS was good enough for their grandfathers etc. Would you consider it patronising to suggest they were living in the past? Or would it be arrogant to suggest that this was not the product for them?

Can you point to a single FS9 or FSX user that has not spent most of their flight career using 2D panels?
Overall, I'd say 80% or more of my flight time has been in a vcI still use 2d popups for some tasks, but that's it.

LOL Here we go again....whats the point? PMDG have made their descision, they are moving forward supporting new tech, which does it better and more realistic - they are not prepared to support every persons need, which just holds back development. Im sorry for those that dont have the machines or resources to run in VC, or hardware to interface with the sim - but why should PMDG make something and have to leave out stuff theyd like to put in because they have to still support old tech such as 2D? Its like saying film makers should still release movies on VHS because I cant afford a DVD player! I have the LevelD 767, and always fly that in VC - but used the 2D popup FMC. I thought I would need to do the same in the 737 - and I dont - I havent opened a single 2D pop up at all whislt flying the 737 - I simly dont need to. Using EZDOK and 3 22 monitors and sometimes track IR there really isnt any need - I map most controls to my hardware and once the SDK is out Ill be able to virtually fly without ever clicking with my mouse once. 2D is dead - think more open - its not what PMDG need to do - its more a case of how you need to change instead!

niether do i but they didnt say that is was a limitation in fsx. they said that they just dont want to spend time making one as it takes a time to the throttle animations for the throttle quaderent panel. some users might be happy with a oanel withthe cuttoff switchets etc and no throttle animation at all but depends how pmdg want to go about it.