Sign in to follow this  
stweaver321

Fixes and Observations from Hot Fix 4

I've just made my first flight using HF4 and thought I'd share a couple of observations. Would love to hear comments from others about what you've noticed---good and bad. 1) Auto-Throttle is no longer disengaging during engine run-up right before take-off. Before HF4, I would engage AT, increase throttle to about 70%, click the hidden TOGA spot, advance throttles to full. At this point, the AT would disengage. 2) Landing gear are now operating with my FSUIPC assigned axis control lever (had to press G before). Those are the only things that jumped out at me. Definitely a step in the right direction.

No performance increase, but there are no more FPS spikes. There have been some things moved around in the CDU pages, and a new option for AT override has been added. Also, the font on the MCP and radio panels has been changed. The exterior lights seem to be redone, as the taxi light and steady and strobe lights are brighter than before. Presumably, the GPS fix bug has been solved. The flap lift and drag coefficients have been changed. These are some of the things I have noticed. We just have to wait for SP1 release to get the full change log.

Cristi Neagu

Landing gear now operates with all SDK published commands (not only GEAR_TOGGLE but as well GEAR_UP and GEAR_DOWN).

Regards,
Axel

I also think the performance has incerased. The whole thing runs now much smoother on my rig. :)
I can't say for sure, but my first impression was that performance was a bit better as well. Also, it almost seems a little more slippery (i.e., harder to slow down on approach) than it was previously. Maybe my approach was just mismanaged??

I can't say for sure, but my first impression was that performance was a bit better as well. Also, it almost seems a little more slippery (i.e., harder to slow down on approach) than it was previously. Maybe my approach was just mismanaged??
Like I hinted in my post above, that may be because of the flaps tweaking they did.

Cristi Neagu

Landing gear now operates with all SDK published commands (not only GEAR_TOGGLE but as well GEAR_UP and GEAR_DOWN).
I pushed for us to include this just so you know... tongue.png We do listen to what you guys are asking for.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I pushed for us to include this just so you know... tongue.png We do listen to what you guys are asking for.
In that case can you add an optional minifridge at the back of the pedestal and mount one of those "never spill" cup holders on the glareshield for my corona?I'm almost certain I saw that equipment on the 777 that took me from Dfw to Tokyo narita. Then again I was probably just still hammered trying to get through a 13hr flight. Actually acquired a taste for heineken on that flight, it was looooong...

Ryan, without joking I'm really glad you did.

Regards,
Axel

I hate to hijack the thread, but is the SDK out? I thought RSR said it would be released after SP1.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

I hate to hijack the thread, but is the SDK out? I thought RSR said it would be released after SP1.
Nope. Neither is sp1

When you manually push throttles to max after TO/GA pressed the engines go to MAX manual mode therefore the A/T disengages. You can use this in case your derate calculations did not work out and you are running out of runway Praying.gif ....

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

I'm not surprised !! That is not the way to use TO/GA !!!
Well then how are you supposed to use it? I ask because last night, and tonight I flew the NGX and both times I advanced throttles manually to 40%, then pushed TO/GA.About halfway through the takeoff roll my A/T disconnected. Sooo......