Sign in to follow this  
Hoang

Flightbeam released KSFO Fs9

Thanks Dmitriy Mip's have been the one thing that has confused me since day one when converting textures on AI, scenery, etc...-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

I converted the exture files, but it got worse. I e-mailed Flightbeam and was told my 9800 GT with a gig onboard might be too weak. I doubt thay since all of my FSDT airports work fine, but I'll keep tweaking.

I converted the exture files, but it got worse. I e-mailed Flightbeam and was told my 9800 GT with a gig onboard might be too weak. I doubt thay since all of my FSDT airports work fine, but I'll keep tweaking.
Bill, that't svery strange. Once I converted into DTX3 my virtual memory size dropped from 1.5GB to 0.9GB. Obviously something is wrong with the simulator, not scenery. Are you sure that FT KSFO has been deleted or de-activated?On the other hand, FB is considering a patch where users would be provided with the option choose between 32bits and DTX3. PS. I also created an exclude file for those who's still stick with AFCAD 2.21. I can post it here if anyone has an interest.

It's the same here on my system. I mentioned the issue in this thread. Now I still have to try and convert all textures to DTX3 and see if that works any better. Still though, if FB says, your GPU might be too weak, what should I expect with my Radeon 3850 HD 512MB card?Honestly, this is frustrating, since the scenery looks so sweet, I'd purchase it right away, if it didn't hit the FPS so hard.And as you said, all the FSDT airports (KJFK, KORD,...) run fine on my system. (Looks like that seperates the wheat from the chaff, in respect to the quality of FSDT and Flightbeam Studios?)Here's hoping that the announced patch will help.

I'm going to try the same flight with a less involved aircraft and see what happpens. I really have doubts about it being my video card. I'll also wait for the patch. I'm a bit skeptical right now.

It's funny; this scenery performs better on my modest system (E8500 & GTX 260) than many of the FSDT airports, even though the memory usage is in excess of 2 gb on landing (per Process Explorer). No stutters and fps over 20 almost all the time. I did a few medium distance flights into KSFO from Tucson and Portland, and no OOM's or other problems. I do use Win 7 64 and have made FS9 large address aware, which likely helps avoid OOM problems. Only real beef is the glideslopes, or lack of same.

John G.

It's funny; this scenery performs better on my modest system (E8500 & GTX 260) than many of the FSDT airports, even though the memory usage is in excess of 2 gb on landing (per Process Explorer).
Sorry for being boring - do convert to DTX3. I have 1.4GB with IFly, REX, fully AI, UT USA.

Even using a Piper Cheyenne, ran into jerkiness upon landing. I guess KSFO will be a daytime only airport for me.

Allright. After converting all textures to DXT3 format, reducing the file sizes considerably, I am afraid to find out, the FPS performance does not improve as much as I had hoped. Average FPS rose from 2.5 to 7.5, but still FS hangs up now and then. So I have now come to the ultimate conclusion, my hardware isn't up to the task any more, to run FS9 with REX textures and all that add-on goodies, satisfactorily. As a consequence, today I decided my life will take a break from the world of flight simming, until the day whenever I go and upgrade my computer, and dedicate my freetime much more to dating women, painting, model building perhaps and all the stuff that make you feel more alive than flightsimming. Not to knock it down, I enjoyed it a lot in the last four years, including flying on VATSIM, I learned a lot.But now, I know it is time to move on. Wish you all Good Luck out there, BillW, I hope you can soon enjoy KSFO after the patch release. Take care folks. Thank you everyone involved for that fun I had.

I am really sorry about your case. Though seeing others here having some trouble too I decided to hold my purchase.I had the demo performing fine, but I would like to be sure everything is OK. SO maybe until a patch comes out and people are agreeably happy about it.

Diesel, flightsimming is cheaper than women! You can tweak a program, but doing so with a woman can be dangerous. LOL! Anyhow, we'll miss you. Keep in touch to see how this shakes out. ifyou have a killer machine, Rafal, this scenery might be really nice. It looks very pretty as I fly over it.

Bill, that't svery strange. Once I converted into DTX3 my virtual memory size dropped from 1.5GB to 0.9GB. Obviously something is wrong with the simulator, not scenery. Are you sure that FT KSFO has been deleted or de-activated? On the other hand, FB is considering a patch where users would be provided with the option choose between 32bits and DTX3. PS. I also created an exclude file for those who's still stick with AFCAD 2.21. I can post it here if anyone has an interest.
Am interested in exclude file but have you got permissiom from Flightbeam to use it??

I'm with PItts here. Zero issues with this airport out side of the AFCAD issue.

Am interested in exclude file but have you got permissiom from Flightbeam to use it??
No I haven't. Meanwhile, I realized that the exclude file is not a modification of the FB KSFO product, rather a modification of FS2004, so I see no legal issues to post it here. Put the file into KSFO/Scenery folder

For some reasons I cannot attach *bgl files to my posts. The same is for *zips. Any ideas why?