Sign in to follow this  
Chuck_Jodry-VJPL

Avsim Exclusive Screenshots For X-plane10

The only problem with depending on features that aren't actually included "in the box" is that sometimes they never materialize.

The visibility also does not seem to correctly match the conditions, seeming to be fogged in at the horizon.I would like to see some shots with unlimited visibility at altitude and also some shots of the water on a sunny cloudless day because all the water I have seen so far looks way to dark and mirror like, I see no waves or water movement .Looks like ink.
In real world, even in the clearest day, sunlight will scatter through the atmosphere and let the horizon fogged. This is physics. Light will scatter through the air. The level of moisture, solid particles, etc, will determine the color of scattering and the maximum distance where you will be able to see objects on the ground. the horizontal view distance will also reduce with the increase of altitude.In a humid day, low wind, the view distance at ground level can be around 8 to 10 statue miles, with a bluish tint scattered in the distant objects.With clear air (not so dry, not so humid), it can reach 12 statue miles, with little or no bluish tint scattered in the objects.

Gustavo Rodrigues - Brazil

Guest HowardHughes
In real world, even in the clearest day, sunlight will scatter through the atmosphere and let the horizon fogged. This is physics. Light will scatter through the air. The level of moisture, solid particles, etc, will determine the color of scattering and the maximum distance where you will be able to see objects on the ground. the horizontal view distance will also reduce with the increase of altitude.In a humid day, low wind, the view distance at ground level can be around 8 to 10 statue miles, with a bluish tint scattered in the distant objects.With clear air (not so dry, not so humid), it can reach 12 statue miles, with little or no bluish tint scattered in the objects.
In the real world, earlier this week I was stood in Dover. I could see France. You can see MUCH further than 12 miles at ground level. And a vast amount further at altitude.

In the real world, earlier this week I was stood in Dover. I could see France. You can see MUCH further than 12 miles at ground level. And a vast amount further at altitude.
My thoughts exactly, I can see Toronto from the other side of Lake Ontario some 55km on a clear day.....there is such a thing as "unlimited visibility "....Frank

If I remember, the human eye can see for 16 miles on a clear day before objects start losing their clarity and they take on a "fogged up" appearance. You can still see a city skyline from 55 km away if the terrain was all flat, but you could only see the silhouette and maybe some distinguishable colour.

Wow, Dover Delaware to France is quite the distance. You must have really good eyes.Or better yet:I see London, I see France, I see Howard's ...................

I have tried the demo of X-Plane 9, in truth i found the user experience slightly less enjoyable than having a putbull chewing on my testicles, really hope X-Plane 10 improves that.
Ouch! Anyway I'm surprised (and happy) that the thread has remained intact yay!XP10 should bring a lot to the table for aviation ######, that's how I like to think of it. One wish I have is that the GUI for xp10 will be better laid out and user friendly... and that my joystick's hat switch will work without having to individually program each direction lol.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I have tried the demo of X-Plane 9, in truth i found the user experience slightly less enjoyable than having a putbull chewing on my testicles, really hope X-Plane 10 improves that.
You have a VERY unusual, twisted and disjointed perspective on your threshold of discomfort.I can safely say you are in a league of your own...by a LONG way.

IFR conditions no visual contact with runway/airport_environment by MAP (missed approach point)Fouled Runway at any point prior to landing commitalAny unsafe condition that interferes with a safe landing-I should add, for separation requirements, is 3 minutes between aircraft on approach. (on approach corridor and on arrival at the runway), but that's an IFR (filed IFR flight plan & ruleset (even in vfr conditions)) spacing, pacing, issue, not necessarily required missed approach criteria, that falls into points 2 and 3 above.. PIC responsibility/discretion is always in effect. ≤3minutes, and ATC may give aircraft on approach s-turns or a'360 for spacing. which, LOL, that would be funny to see if they get into the AI ATC code. I wouldn't expect that though.-
I'm curious to read about the post you replied to.... but when you write 3 minutes of separation are you talking about non radar rules? I'm not exactly sure... Anyway it's 3 miles generally (radar rules), specific aircraft categories and wake turbulence change things however.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

you're right. 3 is what is stuck in mind from the pilot point of view. after my post was replied to I couldn't edit it either to add that go-arounds are straight ahead, runway centerline.... not the amazing peel up and turn move seen in the video. :)

you're right. 3 is what is stuck in mind from the pilot point of view. after my post was replied to I couldn't edit it either to add that go-arounds are straight ahead, runway centerline.... not the amazing peel up and turn move seen in the video. :)
Shortest separation you usually get is 2.5NM behind (dependent on category and country). You could go shorter at "own visual separation" and pilot´s risk... and while it would be ok to do so in a really stiff crosswind (wakes blow to side) it would still risk a go-around because the preceeding guy doesn´t get his junk of trash off the runway.Also, go-arounds are not always straight ahead. A lot of them call for a turn as early as the runway´s threshhold (check London-Heathrow, for example). And also ATC might give you a call like "XYZ, go-around, turn right heading 350, climb 5000 feet"Jan

Ouch!Anyway I'm surprised (and happy) that the thread has remained intact yay!XP10 should bring a lot to the table for aviation ######, that's how I like to think of it. One wish I have is that the GUI for xp10 will be better laid out and user friendly... and that my joystick's hat switch will work without having to individually program each direction lol.
You have a VERY unusual, twisted and disjointed perspective on your threshold of discomfort.I can safely say you are in a league of your own...by a LONG way.
LOL.gifYeah i may have been exaggerating!I am very much looking forward to the release of X-Plane 10, i'll probably end up buying it.

Ian R Tyldesley

Great Falls is a beautiful area, is that where you fly out of? My uncle lives out in that region... only been there a few times but I'd loved it!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Cars nd trucks are drawing shadows too, real time shadows....just amazing..0000000000000.png
That looks like Police Quest from the 80' haha, good old Sierra On-Line!