Sign in to follow this  
Chuck_Jodry-VJPL

Avsim Exclusive Screenshots For X-plane10

kids with their "troll' word... I see that you fly, so evidently just speak with the young words.. I still say that from 3500 agl .. you will not notice the shadows ..
You are right, from 3500 agl you will not notice the shadows, you will from a chopper at low altitude, eye candy in a sim. is like hardware in a PC...there is no such thing as over kill.

One has to take these screenshots for what they are. They are just pieces of a huge puzzlethat no-one - not even Laminar - has seen fully assembled. Not even the default airport is complete yet!Drawing any conclusions one way or the other at this stage is pointless. Lets talk again around version 10.2...

What you don't understand, is that X-plane affords you a way of landing your bloody plane by dumbing down scenery aspects that would otherwise make it almost impossible. Do you really enjoy the slideshow FSX shows you on finals? As I have stated before, frames per second are the lifeblood of flightsimulation, and Xplane delivers. On another note, if you're a stewardess, I understand the wing views, or whatever the sky looks like....
HelloI do not have any "slideshows" with FSX and can land without any problem thanks.What is so wrong in the XP engine that it needs to bring the fog in to maintain FPS, FSX can maintain the visibility per the metar (with a little help from ASE)I never mentioned wing views as I have never used them in any flightsim, but how the sky looks and how it interacts with the overall lighting are very important.Hand on heart do you think the XP world is lit correctly, for even here in the UK at this time of year it is not as dark and miserable as the XP shots I have seen.Does it ever brighten up even in the tropics, does the water ever change from inky black to bright tropical reefs and blue seas depending on location ?I am not attacking XP here, I would just like more info and some more representative screenshots if possible.

LOL...This is getting beat to death!For those not familiar with XPlane, wait for the Demo to be released, then you'll see for yourself.Comparing Sims at this point honestly... is useless.

"It's ALL about Flying"

i7-9700k @5ghz | 32gb Gskill Ripjaw 5 DDR4 3000 | Nvidia RTX 4080 | W10 Pro | Samsung 32" 4K TV 

HelloI do not have any "slideshows" with FSX and can land without any problem thanks.What is so wrong in the XP engine that it needs to bring the fog in to maintain FPS, FSX can maintain the visibility per the metar (with a little help from ASE)I never mentioned wing views as I have never used them in any flightsim, but how the sky looks and how it interacts with the overall lighting are very important.Hand on heart do you think the XP world is lit correctly, for even here in the UK at this time of year it is not as dark and miserable as the XP shots I have seen.Does it ever brighten up even in the tropics, does the water ever change from inky black to bright tropical reefs and blue seas depending on location ?I am not attacking XP here, I would just like more info and some more representative screenshots if possible.
I really don´t know, but the X-Plane world looks really ok to me in XP9 - brightness and colour wise. Here are three shots I just took of the default Cessna just south of EDDH (default scenery), looking west, roughly.First shot: Mid summer at noon local timeSecond shot: Same time, but scattered cumulus clouds aboveThird shot: Clear skies again, just after sunrise (early morning)Do you see something different on your computer? Different settings, maybe?Jan

One has to take these screenshots for what they are. They are just pieces of a huge puzzlethat no-one - not even Laminar - has seen fully assembled. Not even the default airport is complete yet!Drawing any conclusions one way or the other at this stage is pointless. Lets talk again around version 10.2...
I hope my comments won't set off the .ORG mentality that has seemed to crept into the Avsim X-Plane forum. It may work at the .ORG, but will die a quick death here.I look forward to the release of X-Plane 10 and will probably pick it up next year on my visit to the Big City, which has a Best Buy. There are repeated comments about all the pieces not being put together, save but for a couple of people. I think one of the concerns posted above is that it's less than two months until release. In that time disks need to be made, product packaging, user manual(s) written and all the pieces brought together. I'm left wondering "When's the beta testing?" Then it dawns on me, the customer is the beta-tester and that's why there has been and probably will be many, many patches and updates in the first few months.While I look forward to X-Plane 10's release, I don't have the desire to have weekly updates. So to quote what's written above, I guess "Lets talk again around version 10.2..." would be a good time to see how the beta period works out and when I feel I may have something to analyze.

I really don´t know, but the X-Plane world looks really ok to me in XP9 - brightness and colour wise. Here are three shots I just took of the default Cessna just south of EDDH (default scenery), looking west, roughly.First shot: Mid summer at noon local timeSecond shot: Same time, but scattered cumulus clouds aboveThird shot: Clear skies again, just after sunrise (early morning)Do you see something different on your computer? Different settings, maybe?Jan
The default settings are a bit dark, but there is a gamma setting, that can correct it. I think though that in the myriad of settings, many don't know about it.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

HelloMany thanks, that is much better and I am glad about the gamma settings.

And the news just keeps coming...http://www.x-plane.c...-a-system-pt-1/
I just read this announcement and only 20 AI aircraft at a time? That's very disappointing! I don't want to throw any more fuel to the fire but FS2004 already had better than that. I won't speculate as to what shots are better than others, whether it's XP9 or XP10 or which Sim is better FSX, Flight or XP10. I have been very happy with what I have seen so far and applaud you at X-Plane for showing your product and having a forum where input from potential customers can be heard and addressed...I would ask though, that you rethink the AI engine and what it can handle in the Sim. I never moved to FSX because I saw that the added goodies included didn't give me that much more than what I have in FS9. And of course, regardless of what any other users say I couldn't get the performance I get with FS9. I can land in Boston (KBOS - Fly-Tampa scenery) with hundreds of AI aircraft with the top payware aircraft like PMDG, IFly, CS, etc and still have 35-45 frames....If X-Plane could have a re-think of it's AI engine so as to allow for Ultimate Traffic and other AI based aircraft instead of using the UI aircraft included in the Sim. Doing this in my opinion, would increase it's popularity, especially among the AI crowd out there which is a fairly substantial chunk of the FS community! Many of these aircraft are wonderful looking and with that option X-Plane wouldn't have to spent hundreds or thousands of hours creating all the models necessary for a realistic Sim. After all, no one wants to land at an airport like Laguardia and have an empty airport....especially in a Sim made for 2012! I really hope that this will not be the case, and that something can be worked out for that to change. I really don't care if the release is delayed (I've been waiting for a new Sim since FS2004!) as long as that means that I will have a complete product that looks, fly's, and is as immerse as it can potentially be.Keep up the good work!Frank Severino

...If X-Plane could have a re-think of it's AI engine so as to allow for Ultimate Traffic and other AI based aircraft instead of using the UI aircraft included in the Sim. ....
I hope you have read that blog carefully. It states some very important information about the new ATC:
There are a lot of features still left to add but I hope you’ll understand that it’s a brand new system in its infancy. I hope you can see that our goal is to continuously add features and improve it incrementally…and also do this while offering users ways to customize the experience.
What you see in v10.0 is NOT the end of ATC development. It’s just the very beginning.

I would love to move over to a 64-bit DX11 X-Plane, but to be completely honest, unless PMDG move i'll probably stick to FSX, i really only fly the J41 and NGX.

Ian R Tyldesley

I would love to move over to a 64-bit DX11 X-Plane, but to be completely honest, unless PMDG move i'll probably stick to FSX, i really only fly the J41 and NGX.
Goran is making a Saab 340 and IXEG is making a 737.

Daniel Miller

Goran is making a Saab 340 and IXEG is making a 737.
Very little information exists on either of those two, but i am no ######, if X-Plane is better than FSX/Flight and it has 3rd party support from developers like PMDG, A2A then i'll move without a second thought.I have tried the demo of X-Plane 9, in truth i found the user experience slightly less enjoyable than having a putbull chewing on my testicles, really hope X-Plane 10 improves that.

Ian R Tyldesley

For those asking about AI, just saw this:http://youtu.be/dmX6n26VQSAWatch how the larger, heavier planes take longer to climb as they exit the airspace. Trolls, Austin said this is filmed in xplane 9, I repeat, NINER.Ha, the last plane must've been modeled on my landing style!

... Trolls ...
It wasn't necessary.Video looks good for quad core and advanced flight dynamics for each plane. XPlane 10 will have higher requirements than XP9, so it's not good example of performance though.Just curious, will XPlane 10 introduce seasons?

Michał Puto

A2A Simulations | Blockhouse-C | Twitter