Sign in to follow this  
G7USL

FS Build

Sometimes we answer scenery, motherboard, video drivers etc questions .. also. Have you ever had one (edit: a question on e.g. scenery, motherboard, video drivers or other) ??
I realize and understand that but the OP specifically questioned why PMDG staff hadn't responded. Otherwise, yes that's what we as members of the forum do.

Richie Walsh

I had a similar problem with FS Commander. I couldn't get anything to go to the right folder. Finally, I simply uninstalled the complete program, and installed a new downloaded installation and everything worked great. Perhaps you have a bad install and need a new one.

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

I realize and understand that but the OP specifically questioned why PMDG staff hadn't responded. Otherwise, yes that's what we as members of the forum do.
Ok, I see what you mean. I missed that bit.In that case he has to use the ticket system for official PMDG support ... because this is a user forum.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Go to FSBuilds site and download the video's. In the options/settings you can check off PMDG 737 or any other aircraft and the "Export to" menu will stay checked. The Export FP video explains exactly how to do it. MY FSX is C:/FSX and it goes right into PMDG/Flightplans/NGX. Works every time. You can always use Route finder from within FSBuild. Just copy/paste the route "minus" the airports into the route section of FSBUILD, let FSBuild enter the airports. Routefinder has a drop down list for airac cycles. http://fsbuild.com/fsbtut.htmlBuck Bolduc

Go to FSBuilds site and download the video's. In the options/settings you can check off PMDG 737 or any other aircraft and the "Export to" menu will stay checked. The Export FP video explains exactly how to do it. MY FSX is C:/FSX and it goes right into PMDG/Flightplans/NGX. Works every time. You can always use Route finder from within FSBuild. Just copy/paste the route "minus" the airports into the route section of FSBUILD, let FSBuild enter the airports. Routefinder has a drop down list for airac cycles. http://fsbuild.com/fsbtut.htmlBuck Bolduc
Read my post, The screenshot he posted indicates the export addons are properly selected. The problem is he's missing the FS_HOME folder prefix. He just needs to reselect it in the Options/Export Folder tab.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Read my post, The screenshot he posted indicates the export addons are properly selected. The problem is he's missing the FS_HOME folder prefix. He just needs to reselect it in the Options/Export Folder tab.
All he needs to do is point it to his FSX root directory. i.e. C:/FSX. I took Ryans advice and installed FSX on C:. Not Programs(x86) or any "Program" directory. Then set it up to run as administrator. This gets around the Windows Permissions bull crap in Windows.If he follows FSBuilds video he will be OK. After you save settings you have to shut it down and restart or it won't take.Buck Bolduc http://fsbuild.com/fsbtut/exporting_tut.htm

Can't seem to be able to export my flight plan to my NGX? Is there a patch for it, anyone know please?
found this dont now if it helpshttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80KwfweEcA0

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Thanks everyone for your help, I'll respond asap.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Hi again DaveIf you are still having the flight plan export issue would it be possible for you to post the contents of you FSBuild2.cfg file and the DOS location of your FSX installation i.e. DMicrosoft GamesFSX, just so we can try and narrow down or at least eliminate what may be your export issue.Jim HodkinsonAnd I am not getting drawn into the previous posts.
Hi Jim, this is the current .cfg file:[FSBUILD]AUTOREFRESH_DELAY=1MAGYEAR=2011AIRCRAFT=B737-800 w/ CFM56-7B26SBPC_SERVER=www.vatsim.netROUTELINE=1NATRAKURL=www.natroutes.glideslope.de/html/nats.php3[MS-FLIGHTSIMULATOR]FS_HOME=C:PROGRAM FILES (X86)MICROSOFT GAMESMICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR X[FLY!][PS1][X-PLANE][sTARTUP]STEP_CLIMBTOC_TODCLEARMAP_BEFORE_BUILDDISPRTEWPTSONMAPWINDS_ALOFTWXFORETARVSM_FLFSX_GPSISG1LDS767PMDG737NGAUTOREFRESH_ON The location is showing as FS Home; and directly vectored to the FSX location.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Please try rightclicking FSBuild and running as Admin. Now in the options tab at the bottom reselect your FSX root for export. Remember and save ssettings and exit. Now restart fsbuild as admin and try again to export a plan. I have this problem every time when installing fsbuild, although setting the path as admin is enough for me FSBuild works normally after this ie I don`t have to run as admin after the first step.You must save and exit after this step to let FSBuild rebuild it`s config with the new path.Honestly this catches me every timeGood luck

...[MS-FLIGHTSIMULATOR]FS_HOME=C:PROGRAM FILES (X86)MICROSOFT GAMESMICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR X...
This setting is correct, there's no need to change any further.Restart Fsbuild and try an export. If at the end of the Export for PMDG it says 'Created...' with the full path to the file, trust thatthe file is there. Do not change the Fsbuild settings anymore, it just adds to the confusion.'If' you look in the PMDG / FlightPlans folder and you do not see the exported file there, or you enter it in the co route and it does notfind it..This 'might' be due be to your system hiding the files. Go into Windows explorer and check the 'show hidden files' option.That might resolve the issue.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

I would like to thank Hodge001 (Jim Hodkinson) for sticking by me to work out a solution. He spent a lot of time suggesting things to overcome Windows 7's intricasies and we have finally got there and it's sweet now.It is people like Jim that make this hobby great and we are all thankful that they exist. Thanks Jim, you made an old man very, very happy.im%20Not%20Worthy.gifHug.gif

Dave Taylor gb.png

HiGreat news, and from one old man to another I really am happy to hear that you are now up and running with FSBuild and the NGX, and we got there just in time for the Service Pack and the release of the 6 and 700 expansion pack, and thank you very much for the very kind comments, I'm not sure if they are deserved as it was a team effort but they are appreciatedTake care, and have fun.Jim H

hello isn't there an option to simply change the 737NGX output folder

from

FSX\pmdg\Flightplans\

to

FSX\pmdg\flightplans\ngx

or create a grey button like for certain other addons

Cheers