Sign in to follow this  
Carenado

New Pictures of PA-46 MALIBU JET PROP DLX for FSX

Guest bstolle

Jetprops website: Effective with conversion 90, JetPROP offers either the PT6A-35 (performance option) or the PT6A-21 (economy option).

Guest bstolle

If you compare the performance figures you can see that the -21 version has a just 2% lower climb rate and at e.g. 12000ft exactly the same cruising speed of 210kts but at a 2% lower fuel flow which means that apart from the much higher initial costs, the difference is almost negliable.

Thanks for the info! Regardless of the engine variant the thing will still be a rocket. 2% fuel savings will help the range a bit.

Nick Preston

how can you tell that it wont have the new landing/taxi lighting effects?...I do alot of nite flying so without the new effects it would be a deal breaker for me.
just look at picture most to the right at http://www.facebook.com/Carenado ( picture showing front of the plane at dusk ) - you can see familiar triangle in front of nose landing gear.I'm also sure that if Carenado would put new landing lights into their plane they would show it at preview shots as it's increasing the value of the plane.

Guest bstolle

I don't think that the 'new' landing lights 'increase the value'.Well, I for my part like the default 'triangle' landing lights more because the 'lotus style landing lights have the extremely unrealistic drawback that they light up the sky in front of the plane at positive pitch angles.

just look at picture most to the right at http://www.facebook.com/Carenado ( picture showing front of the plane at dusk ) - you can see familiar triangle in front of nose landing gear.I'm also sure that if Carenado would put new landing lights into their plane they would show it at preview shots as it's increasing the value of the plane.
oops, I didn't notice that before...shucks, I really would have loved seeing those new lights...bummer

It looks like another bird with triangle landing lights... I wonder when Carenado will make "new" landing lights ( like in NGX, Lotussim, Orbx Lancair , etc. - we asked for that looong time ago )
Check out the new pictures... they are using the new landing light techniques.405587_228302130579942_129839447092878_515979_1961157333_n.jpg

Joseph Chamberlain

FAA ADX

WOW - I'm impressed - good job Carenado ! :( - I keep my fingers crossed for low or zero fps hit and we have very nice aircraft for 2012 season and beyond :)

Wow! Carenado have really been stepping it up lately eh? This will be a good year if they keep that up!

yeh but....its 1 ugly bug!It must lie alot with a nose like that.. blum.gif

Carenado is stepping up there game. I do not know why they are putting Default FSX GPS as the Garmin 300 or 600 or whatever it is, they really going to ruin it for the Reality XP customers. They need to use Analog gauges and let us add our own RXP GPS and leave it at that.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I just went through all of the pictures of this plane, and wow! It is going to be really nice. As far as the GNS's & WX Radar, usually the RXP stuff slides in very nicely, so it shouldn't be a problem for those of us who have them. FR's is a concern with the HD and all of the glass, so I've got my fingers crossed there. This sure is one nice looking aircraft. Can't wait!