Sign in to follow this  
michaelb15

Recomended joystick?

I guess I'll just order up a pallet of these logitech Extreme 3D Pro sticks... smile.png .Jim
Jim,Another thought... you might want to try Craigslist! I found a guy here in Denver who's selling a TM Cougar HOTAS for $200.00!I'm trying to contact him to do the deal... $525.00 is steep for a joystick, but $200.00 is MUCH more manageable! :PAlan :(

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

holy crap 750 bucks for a joystick? jeese it better come with naked ladies or be made of solid gold or some nice suprise for that kind of money! I could set up a nice 21" dual monitor setup, with enough left over for a GTS 450 to power em!!but I think Ive found a saitek x45 for $20 and unless ppl have had extreamely negitive issues with the stick, I think I will go with it.Thanks for all the help!

Michael,Other than what people have mentioned above, the bottom line will be when you get the joystick in your handsand see how it feels. One other thing... don't use the included software. Assign your buttons/ switches/ knobsusing the FS Settings. If the joystick is working properly you should be able to do that no sweat.Good Luck!Alan

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

holy crap 750 bucks for a joystick? jeese it better come with naked ladies or be made of solid gold or some nice suprise for that kind of money! I could set up a nice 21" dual monitor setup, with enough left over for a GTS 450 to power em!!but I think Ive found a saitek x45 for $20 and unless ppl have had extreamely negitive issues with the stick, I think I will go with it.Thanks for all the help!
Saitek X45.....Love.gif ...!...$20...Applause.gif ...!They don't call you "Captain Sensible" for nothing, Michael!...dance.gif ...!Well done!Paul....Bug.gif ...!

Guys, guys... OK, I think with respect, some of you just ain't getting it! I promise any single one of you who think $350 is a lot of dosh for a controller, if you were to fly one single flight with the Warthog, you would somehow find the money from somewhere to get one for yourselves!

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

...I think Ive found a saitek x45 for $20 and unless ppl have had extreamely negitive issues with the stick, I think I will go with it.
I think that's the one I had (is that the one with the blue base?), it was a very high quality stick, nice and smooth although I didn't have it long enough to test longevity. The downside for me was the throttle unit occupied the spot on my desk that was formerly designated "beer area" and the conflict led to the stick's early demise. ...that and the stick centering spring was too heavy, but a lot of people were using those little nylon zip-ties to tie the coils together to reduce the tension. Otherwise bolt it down to the desk and make sure the desktop is securely affixed to the under-framework because the stick is HEAVY! smile.png The spring is external though so it's easy to do the tie-wrap mod. There was a thread in the flightsim.com FS9 forum where "Kimber" posted some pics of this mod, they may still be there. For $20 bucks you can't go wrong.Jim