Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ben Cap

Issue while climbing

When I was flying today, my plane was wanting to climb overs-speeding. I am almost positive the plane was set up properly. Any ideas?jaxsex.jpg

add some screenshots of the relevant panels, it'll help to troubleshoot

Do you have any active failures?
Negative....I think I might have to do a reinstall

Yes, it is a strong tail wind alright.Also...........is your cost index very high ?
Yes around 80.....

Well I see two things that are totally wrong!307 has:

1. Honeywell panel
  2. No AOA on the PFD

;)

Lol...ok, thanks....I pretty much have this aircraft down to the basics for safe flight, but now, as pointed out, I need to work on my terminology.

Im going to guess he not using Activesky and doesn't have the fsx.cfg, fusipc.dll modified for FSX's crazy wind shifts. Hence the Overspeed. Reinstalling the NGX is not gonna change anything if its the weather that did it which is the most likely cause.

Im going to guess he not using Activesky and doesn't have the fsx.cfg, fusipc.dll modified for FSX's crazy wind shifts. Hence the Overspeed. Reinstalling the NGX is not gonna change anything if its the weather that did it which is the most likely cause.
I have ASE and FSUIPC with wiond smoothing and temp and pressure smoothing enabled. I also have my FSX.cfg tweaked with Bojote's online tweak tool.

???( I am presuming you are joking with us ? )It's a Collins MCP with the AOA on the PFD's !!
The real N307AS has a Honeywell and Alaska doesn't have AOAs on the PFDs, only on the HUDs. 317 was the first 900 with Collins.

Turn off temp and pressure smoothing. It doesn' play nice with the NGX, it leads (at least for me) very slow climb rates as the temp is slow to decrease as the altitude increases. Turning off FSUIPC temp smoothing removes that and ASA (in global mode) has the temperature decrease nicely as I get high and higher into the sky, and thus a nice smooth and expected climb rate and N1 increase.

I have ASE and FSUIPC with wiond smoothing and temp and pressure smoothing enabled. I also have my FSX.cfg tweaked with Bojote's online tweak tool.
Okay the FSX.cfg thing I was talking about is not related to Bojotes's tweaks. I'm talking about Turbulence settings.Try the recommendations in my Post below and see how they work for you? Many have said it fixed any issues they had and that the weather was very realistic when they got done modifying their settings.I had to do a forum search to find it and the link starts you at the bottom of the page. So scroll up to the Top of the thread and start from there.http://forum.avsim.n..._hl__weather%20

Well this is not about Bojotes tweak tool. This relates to toning down the Turbulence in FSX.cfg. Try looking at the thread and tutorial I wrote below. Many have said after changing their .cfgs and settings that the weather was very realistic. Try it and see how it works for you? I had the overspeeds with FSX's radical windshifts and the S-turn problem in the past but not after configuring with the settings in the tutorial.http://forum.avsim.n...eather%20config

Looks like the FMC wants to go 315kts while you are going 280 and mach .82. It would be totally impossible to go 315 at that altitude / airtemp with a b737. Perhaps you have some faulty numbers in your climb page.