Sign in to follow this  
Maxloading

PUSH back distance

The default push back distance is 40 meters.When I put 90° right or left the total distance becomes 158 meters,which I think is too much(131 feet and 518 feet) and there is no way one can alter the final distance apart from clicking on the stop.It has been the same since version 1.After each update nothing changed.Have I missed something?AlainV

The default push back distance is 40 meters.When I put 90° right or left the total distance becomes 158 meters,which I think is too much(131 feet and 518 feet) and there is no way one can alter the final distance apart from clicking on the stop.It has been the same since version 1.After each update nothing changed.Have I missed something?AlainV
Try lowering the straight distance; that will lower the total push accordingly.

Dave Skuback - KBLM

'Cause down the shore everything's all right

FSX pushback I find is not very accurate at all. Unless I am doing something wrong. The turning circle is way too large. Perhaps I need to read the fsx manual on that, to het a righter turning circle as it is unbelievably hit and miss now. Andrew

Before SP1 i was changing pushback distance to read as meters for once, and on the next flights it would always show as meters. But after SP1 it always shows as feet. Is there anyway to change it permanently so that it always reads out as meters?

Murat Okay

Turkish Virtual Airlines

Senior Captain

www.turkishvirtual.com

Thks, I tried the MD11x it says 40 meters but the push back is 90 meters which is about right.I wonder why they haven't done the same foe the NGX...AlainV

I stopped using the PMDG pushback and use AES only. The PMDG way is not like the MD-11 where I was more accurate/adjustable to get a perfect pushback (at leat that's how I see it)

I think this is mess up between PMDG and FSX push back logic. I was trying to push back several times from the same airport and from the same gate, same data on FMC,and most of the time push distances were different, radius of turns too wide. I posted same question few times before SP1 and looks like same thing after SP1. We may need to submit a ticket. See yah.

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

Agreed, this pushback is killing me, I feel like the tug is taking me for a ride on the countryside each time, and more than once i end up crashing in a building or another plane (since then I disabled crash detection). I find it very detrimental to the overall experience, a shame given everythign else is absolutely brilliant.What is the official word from PMDG on this? SP2?

They were working on a custom pushback that was supposed to be part of SP1. Looks like it didn't make the cut. Don't know if they're still working on it or if it's now vapor.The current pushback in the FMC is just an interface to the FSX's own pushback. I just guess the values and most of the time it works "ok".

With all the attention to detail PMDG put into the NGX, the less-than-optimal pushback really stands out. Hoping this gets fixed in the next update.

It would be far better to have the push back which you can use via the IVAO interface. Before push back you give the direction for the turn and than press the "Start push back"" button. When the plane is at the turning point, push the "Start turn" button. Very easy to use, no push back distance needed.Werner Verwaal

I stopped using the PMDG pushback and use AES only. The PMDG way is not like the MD-11 where I was more accurate/adjustable to get a perfect pushback (at leat that's how I see it)
Well, that doesn't solve the basic problem. To have to buy AES, limited to just a few airports, seems like an expensive soluition. Angel.gif

GuysHas someone put this in as a ticket or else they might not see this.Thx Ian

Ian C. McCulloch

'What would one do without Malt Whisky? Slainte Mhath'

It only can get better