Sign in to follow this  
steve inwood

Official Groundroll Enhancement Thread...

Is the issue still present to where the nose-wheel sound on taxi has been completely disappearing at certain airports?

I think it is a scenery addon issue as im sure in scenery they have to enable something on the runways etc for it to sound.

I have just took off from corfu and don't have an issue but when coming back into land i do it appears to only kick the groundroll sound in when near the taxi way

i also have this issue with innsbruck

still working on a fix though i might speak with Aerosoft about this see if they can shed any light on it as both are by them

Steve

Thank you so much for all of your effort! I just downloaded the sounds, they're awesome!

Thank you i can't decide on which one is better though lol

Just tried this groundroll sound out on another aircraft and it does it on that so it is definatley a scenery issue here m8

Just tried this groundroll sound out on another aircraft and it does it on that so it is definatley a scenery issue here m8

What do you mean "it does it on that"?  As in, the sound didn't function on the other aircraft either and the same problem exists regardless of which airplane is used?  Have you had this issue on any default airports?

What do you mean "it does it on that"?  As in, the sound didn't function on the other aircraft either and the same problem exists regardless of which airplane is used?  Have you had this issue on any default airports?

Yeah i tried it with another addon i have using that same sound for the back wheel roll and it still is doing it at a few of my airports but i don't get any issues at default buddy

Greg do me a favour when you get a moment buddy and just let me know either in hear or by PM. Which airports you have an issue with this.

Thanks Stevo

Great set of sounds! Just tested Nosewheel 2 sound - it's great, but there is a problem on landing, at least for me. I landed 5 times, and everytime there is a stutter, just a moment before nosewheel TD. I'm sure It has not happened before this. I'll try now another sound and report back.

p.s. Steve, keep up your great work! I like all your sounds, but this nosewheel feedback on landing is priceless :) 

Sim. I don't know how it works, and it may happen only on my system. I'll try other sounds and report back. I'm sure this has not happened before. But sound is really great

Ok no worries. As far as i know sound does not affect the sim nor the frames but i could be wrong buddy

Try it at a different airport m8

Just incase

i tried on different airports allready. It happens with noseroll 2 only, with version 1 is ok. The only thing is that i like V2 :) 

Agan, i don't know how it works and if that happens only on my PC, my guess was that it has something to do with wmp or bsp initiating the sound, but i can't explain why that happens with V2 only. I'll try again V2, LOL! 

BTW, Steve - what settings you have in FSX sounds, i mean volume? I'm asking becouse I think Ryan posted that NGX sounds are tuned for 50% all sliders

Yeah i have my sounds set to what Ryan said at the beginning of release 50% fsx volume all 50% and my windows sounds is 85%

Just out of interest is your sound card set to to 44100 hz 16 bit or 24bit m8

I have mine set to 48000 HZ 24bit

Try that i know some people have dinner hardware of course

i have 16bit, 44100HZ. I think i read somewhere that should be set like that for some addon, long time ago. I'll try 24bit now 

yeah you could be right although up and till now i have never had any problems so yeah try that and report back kiddo thanks Steve

Im going to work on v2 for you and see if we can over come the stutter

Yeah i tried it with another addon i have using that same sound for the back wheel roll and it still is doing it at a few of my airports but i don't get any issues at default buddy

Greg do me a favour when you get a moment buddy and just let me know either in hear or by PM. Which airports you have an issue with this.

Thanks Stevo

Hey Steve,

I haven't tried them yet!  I just was reading that some other users were having the problem and I didn't want to have to deal with corrupting my sound files and moving files all over the place.  I've been meaning to try your sounds, as they sound great, so I'll give them a go tonight and see what happens!

I just was reading that some other users were having the problem and I didn't want to have to deal with corrupting my sound files and moving files all over the place

Don't worry, you can't corrupting your sound files. This may be on my system only, and is not the real problem. Actually, this is a great enhancement to NGX, i like Steve's sounds much more then default. 

Im going to work on v2 for you and see if we can over come the stutter

thanks Steve, i really appreciate your time. I tried V2 again and i have that stutter, allways just a moment before nose wheel TD. So i will leave V1 there for now. I don't have any stutter with V1 or with any other sound. In sound settings i don't have 32bit option, probably becouse i use headset only - i live in building, neighbors would kill me on every take off  :lol:

BTW, new trim wheel sounds much cleaner, reverses are just awesome, and with your sounds i started to use wipers :)