Sign in to follow this  
tim687

How <edit by mod> do i land on heathrow

Hello,I'm figuring out for about 36 times, how to land on Heathrow. But as usual 36 times i failed. Can some one make a manual for me, so what to do necxt with pics. Sorry if i ask to mutch, but i want to land that damn plane, after 36 times :-PThanks,Tim

Hi,1. This is a family forum so you can forget all that language.2. Landing at Heathrow is no different than landing anywhere else. Can you land fine at other airports?3. Start with a small plane and work your way up.4. No, I don't think anyone is going to make a manual with pics for you. There is plenty of information in FS itself and on the Internet.5. This is not an arcade game if that is what you are used to playing.

Hi,1. This is a family forum so you can forget all that language.2. Landing at Heathrow is no different than landing anywhere else. Can you land fine at other airports?3. Start with a small plane and work your way up.4. No, I don't think anyone is going to make a manual with pics for you. There is plenty of information in FS itself and on the Internet.5. This is not an arcade game if that is what you are used to playing.
Amen!

The holiday season is a great time to meet new simmers!

Can you be more specific? What is the problem? Why can't you land? What happens and when in your flight/approach/landing do things go wrong?

Well, sorry for my language, i was very angry at that point i will change the topic title, @Chuck_B the plane doesn't go straight to the runway, and i can't get it straight. The APP (Approach) doesn't work to. And i have a tutorial PDF, and i follow al he (or she) does but: no result.I don't know what to do anymore.

Hey Tim,In the real world is landing is pretty easy, it is the not needing a ride in a ambulance part that is tricky. In the Sim it is even easier because it very very rarely involves a ride in a ambulance unless of course you blow a mental gasket. A simply pre landing check list would help; Flaps down? Gear down? Speed correct for type of aircraft? V/S - pitch correct? Runway alignment okay? Foul language and poor attitude will not win the hearts and minds of people who are inclined to being helpful. Your are lucky you are getting any responses at all other than what you are getting a polite taste of. That said, welcome to AVSIM Tim, I hope you learn to get you landings nailed. As for you other responders, . . . . . . . . , except for Chuck, who is obviously way to polite, . . . . . . . , LMAO.gifBest regards to all,Mel

Yes, i know but i cant align to the runway that's the point, i fly or over the airport or near the runway like this|/ [|= the runway, and /= the plane) Simply i can't make my plane in the right direction, but i have found this and i will try this:http://www.mediafire.com/?378a3xylr8pheeqReupload by myself :-P

Hi Tim, If you are flying on autopilot, before you engage the Approach button, make sure Nav1 is tuned to the proper ILS frequency, that Nav1 is receiving both localizer and glide slope and that your aircraft heading is within 30 degree of the runway heading, also make sure that you are no more than about 2000 + / - above the ground when pressing the App switch. As a after thought, what are you using to fly the aircraft, keyboard or joystick?Regards,Mel

key board (with auto pilot) i have set the ILS NAV1 to 118.500 (that's Heathrow 9L i think) and it doesn't go straight to the runway, i fly's to it but it doesn't land or something, i will try the .docx file in my post above, soon.Thanks

Jim mate calm it down a bit.The poster is having difficulties with his English and its almost certainly not his native language.Anyways you been drinking that tea?Sounds as though you are having withdrawal symptoms.Brew up and chill out.YO!No what i mean like.Tim mate there is no easy way to learn the correct procedure for landing at Heathrow ( or anywhere for that matter in FS) In these days of instant gratification and "I must have it NOW" , as a simmer this isn't an option you'll have to practice ,read up ,pick brains (preferably without too strong a language choice).This is what makes simming so good .It ain't easy BUT ! VERY satisfying when you learn just that little bit more about flying (simmed of course)Anyways Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Well, i have landed one time a 737 in my life with FSX (but that's bad stuf) i was on the runway and the ATC say: That was a bad landing. After that the plane gives full throtle by him self and turned to the left, and i haven't changed anything. That's a good example about FSX, FS2004 is complete, FSX not will i say.Thanks,I will do the .docx tut around 3 o'clock GMT+1

This is a tutorial for heathrow for you.Its not the best, i only done it quickly to give an idea..( assuming defualt 737 is being used)1) go to EGKB, start at runway 21.2)press shift + 2 to pop up the radio panel3) Enter 115.30 in the nav1 radio.Set course 306 in the MCP.Put 110.30 in the standby frequency ( NOT 118.50...see pic 2 )4) take-off and intercept the 306 radial TOO the OCK VOR, as show on the chart, pic 150972757.jpg2011112714465766.jpgtWhen we have flown OVER the VOR.....20111127145122755.jpg20111127145239924.jpg2011112714533177.jpg20111127145438131.jpg2011112714582927.jpg

I really don't know what your problem is...I'm landing in Heathrow on almost my every second flight. And never missed it...I think you still got some things to learn.