Sign in to follow this  
tim687

How <edit by mod> do i land on heathrow

Tim, to repeat some of the more constructive criticism , you could do a lot worse than to buy a joystick. As a friendly gesture, I have a spare Spare M/Soft Sidewinder Precsion Pro kicking around with a USB connecter. If you can cover the cost of the postage you can have it free of charge. Send me a pm if you are interested.RegardsTristan

If buzz is fuzz's cuz, then who's fuzz's sister? Worried.gif

I must admit I'd find hand flying a fully manual raw data VOR radial intercept into Heathrow in the default 737 a bit too much of a challenge these days. In fact, I don't even know where I'd get started if I had to learn it all over again in the default stuff - no TOPCAT to tell me how much fuel to put on and what the speeds are, no speed tape to tell me when to bring up the flaps, no SIDS, no STARS, no FMC to follow, crappy autopilot, no way to navigate other than using VORS, acres of planning needed to try to figure out the route, no Vroute etc. In the real thing you just plug it all into the autopilot and off you go and at the other end you follow the vectors to the field. It's not difficult. But learning how to use all the stuff that makes your life easier is the challenge. The sad thing is that apart from the takeoff up to 1000 feet AGL, you could fly a 737 (a decent one, NGX or iFly) by just using the keyboard all the way down cancelling reverse on landing roll!

Are we there yet? Have we landed? ..........Hey! ...........This doesn't look like Heathrow?! Where are we? What happened?Guz

Guest venustus01

Reminds me of the infamous ponsky /ponderosa threadLOL.gif