Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

I had one of the best sim experiences I've ever had tonight on xp10

Some things I discovered tonight which you may or may not know-you can assign the ai traffic to fly formation with you-pick the planes you want etc.-what a hoot! Taking off my wingman was overflying the airport waiting for me to pull into position.The real weather downloads make the clouds look so much better than the manual settings. Watching the weather come down even in the short demo time was spectacular-the virga, and eventual rain along with ground fog spectacular.There is an awful lot to discover in this sim and I can't wait to get the real thing to have more time to discover it!This sim is all about setting it up right-get the right combo of looks and performance and it really is something!I posted some screenies in the screenshot forum...

http://forum.avsim.n...__fromsearch__1Some things I discovered tonight which you may or may not know-you can assign the ai traffic to fly formation with you-pick the planes you want etc.-what a hoot! Taking off my wingman was overflying the airport waiting for me to pull into position.The real weather downloads make the clouds look so much better than the manual settings. Watching the weather come down even in the short demo time was spectacular-the virga, and eventual rain along with ground fog spectacular.There is an awful lot to discover in this sim and I can't wait to get the real thing to have more time to discover it!This sim is all about setting it up right-get the right combo of looks and performance and it really is something!
Geof, this is a very refreshing post. This is all the XPer's ever wanted. For people to have a good look around before passing judgement...often times purely based on looking at screenshots.XP is not without it's faults. But it's nowhere near as bad as some people make it out to be.

Flying through clouds in XP10 is a real treat because they actually move and look like clouds. FSX clouds can look great from a distance, but the illusion falls apart when you actually fly into them.Also, night landing at an airport is one of the most awe inspiring sim experiences I've had in a long time.

Geof, this is a very refreshing post. This is all the XPer's ever wanted. For people to have a good look around before passing judgement...often times purely based on looking at screenshots.XP is not without it's faults. But it's nowhere near as bad as some people make it out to be.
Don't worry-it will happen... -:)

XP is not without it's faults. But it's nowhere near as bad as some people make it out to be.
People feel threatened any time something "new" comes along. It interferes with their financial and emotional attachment to a game. They will attempt to discredit the "new" and anyone who supports it. Saw it when FSX came out, will see it again when Flight comes out. To see people attack X-Plane now, whereas they would have never given X-Plane any thought before, is because they are threatened by it and it's chance of success. The possibility of it being "better" than what they have become emotionally attached to.There are plenty of MS FS'ers who will look for better and not feel threatened, by either X-Plane or Flight. Progress is good, so is competition. For all parties involved!

People feel threatened any time something "new" comes along. It interferes with their financial and emotional attachment to a game. They will attempt to discredit the "new" and anyone who supports it. Saw it when FSX came out, will see it again when Flight comes out. To see people attack X-Plane now, whereas they would have never given X-Plane any thought before, is because they are threatened by it and it's chance of success. The possibility of it being "better" than what they have become emotionally attached to.There are plenty of MS FS'ers who will look for better and not feel threatened, by either X-Plane or Flight. Progress is good, so is competition. For all parties involved!
The last part is the best part of your statement and the rest is a gross misrepresentation and only adds fuel to the fire every time an FSXer doesnt like one feature as much as one he is used to in MSFS. The other thing is that it's really not necessary, what prompted that statement to tell fellow XP'ers in plain view of other MSFS users that you sit on a pedestal. I currently fly in four top notch flight simulators, each touted as the best in their genre and have a lot of fun in all of them. I am not pointing my nose up at anyone else and don't _expect_ that someone else will have the same likes or form the same opinion as myself. I have, over the last few days tried to put effort in to XP so I can add it to my list of sims but this kind of chat puts me off more than any game will. PS, without punctuation you dont know that he really meant. I had one of the best sim experiences I've ever had, tonight, on xp10tomorrow night it may be on fsx :)

The last part is the best part of your statement and the rest is a gross misrepresentation and only adds fuel to the fire every time an FSXer doesnt like one feature as much as one he is used to in MSFS. The other thing is that it's really not necessary, what prompted that statement to tell fellow XP'ers in plain view of other MSFS users that you sit on a pedestal. I currently fly in four top notch flight simulators, each touted as the best in their genre and have a lot of fun in all of them. I am not pointing my nose up at anyone else and don't _expect_ that someone else will have the same likes or form the same opinion as myself. I have, over the last few days tried to put effort in to XP so I can add it to my list of sims but this kind of chat puts me off more than any game will.
I could easily say the same thing about FSXer's attitude towards X Plane. Turns me off flying FSX.It's kind of a two way street. You could say BOTH parties are guilty of it. I have even over reacted on occasion. It'd just be nice if we could all sim in our own sim of choice and have fun rather than bicker about it.

Exact

It'd just be nice if we could all sim in our own sim of choice and have fun rather than bicker about it.
Exactly, and don't forget you do not require allegiance to only one sim. I like a lot of them so it's frustrating to come to this group and keep hearing about FSX users of which I am one of. XP is really the smaller fish in this space, whether you like to think it or not, whether it deserves that position or not the truth is FSX has greater share and more people playing it. What you can do when you are the smaller player is be the gentleman about it. All I have seen in the last few days of being here is XP'er complain about all the talk they get dished so they have to dish it back. The reality is that this is all I have seen because I have not seen it going the other way. Sorry Geoff to hijack your thread but it's starting to peeve me that anytime someone says something good there seems to be cried of vindication against FSX, lets up the quality of the posts. You guys seem to be knowledgeable and very helpful. Let that be the message in this group.

I could easily say the same thing about FSXer's attitude towards X Plane. Turns me off flying FSX.It's kind of a two way street. You could say BOTH parties are guilty of it. I have even over reacted on occasion. It'd just be nice if we could all sim in our own sim of choice and have fun rather than bicker about it.
What? you ask for people to give XP a chance and then turn around and say you dont give FSX a chance because of FSX'ers attitude. Think about it Money Eyes.gif

Love XP10 clouds and night too. First time I really use XP10.Still some bugs, performance and UI - issues but nothing that couldn´t be fixed within some month or even weeks. Great future to come for x-plane, I´m sure. Anybody having rain in the VC-view? Can´t get it work here (just outside views and sound), but the the wipers are nice ;)Any Idea?

What? you ask for people to give XP a chance and then turn around and say you dont give FSX a chance because of FSX'ers attitude. Think about it Money%20Eyes.gif
I was using an example. Let's not misinterpret things.I still fly in fsx sometimes. When I have the time. Although, to be honest, I prefer FS9 to FSX

People feel threatened any time something "new" comes along. It interferes with their financial and emotional attachment to a game. They will attempt to discredit the "new" and anyone who supports it. Saw it when FSX came out, will see it again when Flight comes out. To see people attack X-Plane now, whereas they would have never given X-Plane any thought before, is because they are threatened by it and it's chance of success. The possibility of it being "better" than what they have become emotionally attached to.
That seems an unfair generalization. Given the tone of your post, one might wonder if you feel threatened by those who don't share your opinion of X-Plane.

@Geofa,Nice to know you had a great time.Did you get ATC working in the F33?ed

"It's ALL about Flying"

i7-9700k @5ghz | 32gb Gskill Ripjaw 5 DDR4 3000 | Nvidia RTX 4080 | W10 Pro | Samsung 32" 4K TV