Sign in to follow this  
roarkr

Flight vs Aerofly FS

You forgot to mention that Switzerland Pro X comes for 130,00 euros looking at the producer page.Is that a fair deal ? Aerofly FS comes for 30-40 euros but you have a quick new simulator.Then, not all the dandies around here changes the PC every year so this aspect can't be considered a side one.

Aerofly FS comes for 30-40 euros but you have a quick new simulator.
HelloYou do realise that the aircraft have no properly working instrumentation ?, or that there are no Navaids, ATC or Ai.It is an RC sim with the viewpoint moved inside the aircraft..
I have Switzerland Pro and while it looks the same as Aerofly, I would get no autogen and only blurry textures in less than 30 seconds, If I fly at the speed shown in the Aerofly video (flight to Lausanne). Therefore I think this really is an improvement over FSX.
HelloReally?You would not miss having fully working aircraft , navaids, ATC , Ai ect, Aerofly has none of theseI can fly over photoscenery without blurries in FSX without any problem.

Some things that caught my eye:- WYSIWYG adjustment of the wind and direction. The realtime visual feedback is great.- Flag shadows on the poles as the wind direction is changed.- Cockpit shadows are superb.- "Real" pilot with moveable hands. I hope they're mouse controlled and can flip switches and turn knobs. In VC mode, I've always hated panning down and seeing an empty seat. It will be interesting to see this product evolve. What a great hobby! So many choices.

HelloYou do realise that the aircraft have no properly working instrumentation ?, or that there are no Navaids, ATC or Ai.It is an RC sim with the viewpoint moved inside the aircraft..
Infact I kept on saying that is promising, not a masterpiece.Anyway, comparing Aerofly FS to Flight I definetely see better prospects for the first one, no doubts.

HelloReally?You would not miss having fully working aircraft , navaids, ATC , Ai ect, Aerofly has none of theseI can fly over photoscenery without blurries in FSX without any problem.
Actually, I wouldn't miss it, as I still have FSX installed for this.I think Aerofly FS looks interesting for certain types of flying - namely glider flying and aerobatics that don't require complex instrumenation but a good flight model and a good atmospheric model (thermals etc.). For this I think the sim looks very interesting. If I want to do IFR, I can always still go back to FSX.

The English web site for Aerofly FS is now up, but the product is not yet available in the U.S. store. Anyone know an expected U.S. release? The shipping cost from the international store is outrageous.

Guest HowardHughes

It looks lovely. A few thoughts;- The one thing they have got bang on is the lighting engine. It's superb. FSX's is OK, and XP10 (in the day) is very similiar. However, it is painfully obvious that most aircraft/buildings etc are not real because the lighting engine simply isn't of a good-enough fidelity. I always compare the lighting engines on Gran Turismo 5 and Forza 4 in this sense. As much as many people prefer Forza 4 for various reasons, I think it's undebatable that the GT5 lighting engine by Polyphony Digital is miles ahead of that used by Microsoft in Forza 4. Hopefully Flight puts the lighting engine right at the front of the pile.- Performance wise you can't make any real comparisons with Flight/XP10. From what I've seen of it it uses very little autogen, but instead detailed photo-real textures where possible. It looks great in some instances (mountain ranges etc) but I believe that in a bigger city (with resource hungry autogen) you'd see true performance comparison.

I'll try it. The bloated side of the 2 major sims begins to seriously turn me off. OK, apparently the engine management and nav part are not there, but if the sim is good, that won't be so hard to implement. I'm curious about the flight models mostly. And HH is right, the lighting is outstanding.

Can someone point to where I can purchase Aerofly FS? I went to their site and can't find the option to buy this sim. Speaking of purchase (to those that already have it) will my specs below be good enough for this sim?

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Can someone point to where I can purchase Aerofly FS? I went to their site and can't find the option to buy this sim. Speaking of purchase (to those that already have it) will my specs below be good enough for this sim?
Here:http://www.aeroflyfs...ernational.htmlChoose "aeroflyFS für Windows"This is the international shop because for some reason the UK and the US shops don't have this product. Stay away from Aerofly 5.7 as that is a R/C simulator.

Is this disc only or can you download?

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

disk only. Also, you will pay a fortune in shipping if you order from the international site and ship to the U.S. Wait for the disk to be available in the U.S. shop--hopefully in January.

Well, as i live in the back of beyond i always pay a fortune for shipping. Just got a piece of gear yesterday from seppoland that took two and a half months and cost 80 bucks to ship. I checked the website but couldnt work out how much shipping was. It all seemed to be written in some other weird language.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Hi,after releasing the first frame rate test in post number 54 of this topic, I just finished a short elaborated clip using aerofly FS. Hope you'll enjoy.

Cheers, Andreas Edited by Variometer

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.