Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Weekend Update 09DEC11: NGX SP1b Updates Available

chrome is awsome i use it all the time as my main browser
Is Google Chrome stand alone. ie Can you uninstall IE?

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Is Google Chrome stand alone. ie Can you uninstall IE?
No, you can't uninstall Internet Explorer. (Unless you manually delete its files from the Windows folder, but, why would you do that?) However, you can go back to Internet Explorer 8 if you wish via Windows Update.

No, you can't uninstall Internet Explorer. (Unless you manually delete its files from the Windows folder, but, why would you do that?) However, you can go back to Internet Explorer 8 if you wish via Windows Update.
Thanks Diego.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

IE can be removed using ADD REMOVE PROGRAMS from control panel, then -> windows components.It is not recomended as it will create problems to programs that requires IE.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

IE can be removed using ADD REMOVE PROGRAMS from control panel, then -> windows components.It is not recomended as it will create problems to programs that requires IE.
No, that's for Windows XP and for uninstalling Internet Explorer 8. On W7, like Rick has, you have to use Windows Update.

And why I have it on the list of the windows functions that can be removed?immaginebnnj.jpgI did on my tablet and was unable to use some programs that use IE as browser.PS: the screen is from W7 64 ultimate, on the W7Home 32 bit is almost the same

Regards

Andrea Daviero

And why I have it on the list of the windows functions that can be removed?immaginebnnj.jpgI did on my tablet and was unable to use some programs that use IE as browser.PS: the screen is from W7 64 ultimate, on the W7Home 32 bit is almost the same
That's for disabling IE.

My frame rates took a big dive with this service pack.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

I'm not sure if it was the re-install of FSX or this service pack, but I'm now seeing 50 FPS max (peaked a few times), 40 average, and 30 FPS minimum at KJFK. Thanks guys.

I'm not sure if it was the re-install of FSX or this service pack, but I'm now seeing 50 FPS max (peaked a few times), 40 average, and 30 FPS minimum at KJFK. Thanks guys.
Show off! JK, enjoy your high FPS!!! LOL.gif

Well. . .I can’t figure it out. It’s too complicated for me. Since installing all the new service packs, I haven’t been able to open the 737 NGX Livery Mgr. I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled that 737 program and even thou the Livery Mgr. shows up as an EXE file, it will not open/operate. I can go to the file using Windows Explorer and try and still nothing. I wonder what I’m doing wrong. I’ve tried to Run as Admin. And nothing happens. HELP!Donald Baker. . .OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., System Model M68M-S2P,System Type x64-based PC, Processor: AMD Phenom II X2 555 Processor, 3200 Mhz, 2 Core(s), Locale, United StatesInstalled Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB; Total Physical Memory 3.75 GB, Available Physical Memory 2.16 GB, Total Virtual Memory 7.50 GB; Available Virtual Memory 5.88 GB., NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT; Adapter RAM 1.00 GB Driver Version 8.17.12.8026, Running: MSFS X with Acceleration 10.0.61637.0, MSFS 2004, Ver. 9.1; FSPassengers for v9 & v10. Airplanes: Capt sim – All planes; LDS 767 for FSX and 9.1; PMDG 737 NGX all versions, 747 all planes; Bellanca Aircraft Company, all planes; Squak Box, ver.4.00, FSUIPC ver. 4.6a registered

Oops. I've posted twice. Sorry 'bout that.

Show off! JK, enjoy your high FPS!!! LOL.gif
I'll spill my secret.Fresh install of FSX, add-ons installed, and I ran that tweaking tool. That's about it.

Well. . .I can’t figure it out. It’s too complicated for me. Since installing all the new service packs, I haven’t been able to open the 737 NGX Livery Mgr. I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled that 737 program and even thou the Livery Mgr. shows up as an EXE file, it will not open/operate. I can go to the file using Windows Explorer and try and still nothing. I wonder what I’m doing wrong. I’ve tried to Run as Admin. And nothing happens. HELP!Donald Baker. . .OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., System Model M68M-S2P,System Type x64-based PC, Processor: AMD Phenom™ II X2 555 Processor, 3200 Mhz, 2 Core(s), Locale, United StatesInstalled Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB; Total Physical Memory 3.75 GB, Available Physical Memory 2.16 GB, Total Virtual Memory 7.50 GB; Available Virtual Memory 5.88 GB., NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT; Adapter RAM 1.00 GB Driver Version 8.17.12.8026,Running: MSFS X with Acceleration 10.0.61637.0, MSFS 2004, Ver. 9.1; FSPassengers for v9 & v10.Airplanes: Capt sim – All planes; LDS 767 for FSX and 9.1; PMDG 737 NGX all versions, 747 all planes; Bellanca Aircraft Company, all planes; Squak Box, ver.4.00, FSUIPC ver. 4.6a registered
Have you tried installing the livery manger again from the PMDG website?