Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Weekend Update 09DEC11: NGX SP1b Updates Available

Guest dlrk
This is why I love PMDG. You guys stand behind a product, help us personally, listen to feedback, and continuously improve your products. You don't just release something and say, " its done, deal with the problems". Thanks PMDG. You rock. Now finish the ER so I can give you more money!! Haha ;)
+1

Thanks so much to everybody at PMDG for continuing to update and evolve this excellent product. :-) Quick question -- I saw that panel states from pre-SP1 should no longer be used. Unfortunately I'm not sure which of my panel states predate SP1, and which were created more recently. I took a look at the files in PMDGPMDG 737 NGXPanelState and couldn't see anything indicating the version in the files themselves.I'd prefer not to completely uninstall and reinstall the NGX just to clear out my old panel states, but equally I don't want to leave them there and then cause myself problems a few months down the line when I use an old state. Can anybody please confirm for me how I'd check which version a state was created with, or what the list of states installed with the NGX by default would be, so I can delete any beyond the default states?

Mike Tomkins
Knoxville, TN
Flight Sim user since the subLOGIC / Apple II days

Brilliant update.Everything works superbly great.RTM, HF1, HF2, HF3, Expansion 6/700, Livery Manager update, Livery updates, SP1, SP1a, SP1b, Livery Manager update, hundreds of fixes, stability improvements, increased fps/fluidity ... Commitment, support and dedication are measured by ACTIONS not marketing hype and "update chatter".Nuff said.

Also make sure you run the livery manager as administrator - especially in Win7/VistaIt would also be worth your while some time in the future to install FSX in the root of the drive, eg, C:FSX or D:FSX as I did (not recommend yet in case it is working OK,but next time you reinstall FSX.)

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Thanks so much to everybody at PMDG for continuing to update and evolve this excellent product. :-) Quick question -- I saw that panel states from pre-SP1 should no longer be used. Unfortunately I'm not sure which of my panel states predate SP1, and which were created more recently. I took a look at the files in PMDGPMDG 737 NGXPanelState and couldn't see anything indicating the version in the files themselves.I'd prefer not to completely uninstall and reinstall the NGX just to clear out my old panel states, but equally I don't want to leave them there and then cause myself problems a few months down the line when I use an old state. Can anybody please confirm for me how I'd check which version a state was created with, or what the list of states installed with the NGX by default would be, so I can delete any beyond the default states?
Look at the date of the files?Bert Van Bulck

Look at the date of the files?Bert Van Bulck
My apologies, I should have said; I couldn't determine from the datestamp on the files, as the dates vary wildly (presumably matching the times PMDG built each file among the defaults, and the times I built my own few. Nor can I tell from the names, as I simply called mine things like "default" when I first got the NGX, before realizing that it shipped with suitable states already. Dumb, I know; next time I'll make sure my own states have a useful naming schema.

Mike Tomkins
Knoxville, TN

Thank's Robert and the pmdg team for the update its a wonderful plane.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Thank you PMDG, but now the SDK, please! I would like to have FS2Crew by Christmas, after that period I will not be able to use the sim for a long time :-(

James Goggi

My apologies, I should have said; I couldn't determine from the datestamp on the files, as the dates vary wildly (presumably matching the times PMDG built each file among the defaults, and the times I built my own few. Nor can I tell from the names, as I simply called mine things like "default" when I first got the NGX, before realizing that it shipped with suitable states already. Dumb, I know; next time I'll make sure my own states have a useful naming schema.
Anything prior to October 25th on the timestamp is going to be a pre-SP1 file.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Anything prior to October 25th on the timestamp is going to be a pre-SP1 file.
Thanks so much, Ryan! I wasn't sure if I could safely assume that (nor did I know the precise date SP1 released, offhand), but now I do. Very much appreciate the quick help with this!

Mike Tomkins
Knoxville, TN

As reported by others, the Livery Manager didn't ask about deleting liveries. In fact it didn't delete them. I deleted them manually. Now when I run Livery Manager to re-install them it crashes with a Microsoft Windows Msg: "PMDG_Livery Manager.exe has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly." etcAny ideas?Many Thanks for a great product btwUPDATE AND HEADS-UP FOR OTHERS:I ran Livery Manager as Administrator and this solved the problem. (My OS is Vista)Jack Peoples

Also make sure you run the livery manager as administrator - especially in Win7/VistaIt would also be worth your while some time in the future to install FSX in the root of the drive, eg, C:FSX or D:FSX as I did (not recommend yet in case it is working OK,but next time you reinstall FSX.)
I ran the livery manager as Admin and i been install FSX at that place with no problems but it happen after install SP1b