Sign in to follow this  
garrynoblek

good flight planner that works with PMDG 737NGX?

FSim commander is the one I use. But I have read that you have to realise certain things when saving PMDG flightplans. See the post from Randazzo about Sp1b.I use FSC on my laptop and connect it with wideclient to my FSX pc.GrzPaul

Regards,
Paul - near EHRD

FSBuild, been using it for years.Everyone I think is totally missing the point from this ...FMS will disregard any runway or SID/STAR information contained in a RTE file *unless that RTE file was created by the FMS itself.*This is ALL that will happen. FSBuild, FSC and any othe 3rd party flight planner will still work OK. Anyway how do you know the SID/STAR at dispatch time(using flight planner), until you are in the flightdeck and have got ATIS/ATC for departure and ATIS just before descent (STAR/Active RWY) for arrival. Weather changes.I have always used flight planners for the 'route' and then manually input of SID/STAR when you have that info and then close any RTE DISCOs.Regards

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Vroute Premium./ Leffe
+1

Chris Howard

FSBuild, been using it for years.Everyone I think is totally missing the point from this ...FMS will disregard any runway or SID/STAR information contained in a RTE file *unless that RTE file was created by the FMS itself.*This is ALL that will happen. FSBuild, FSC and any othe 3rd party flight planner will still work OK. Anyway how do you know the SID/STAR at dispatch time(using flight planner), until you are in the flightdeck and have got ATIS/ATC for departure and ATIS just before descent (STAR/Active RWY) for arrival. Weather changes.I have always used flight planners for the 'route' and then manually input of SID/STAR when you have that info and then close any RTE DISCOs.Regards
It does mean though that if you are using RC4 for instance, you will have to be very carefull when matching the sid that you generate with FsBuild (which has to be input to RC4 before you contact clearance del) with what you manually input to your FMC.Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I also recommend FSBuild. When using RC4, I keep out the departure procedures from the FSBuild-generated plan. I insert those directly on the FMS based on the current runway. This allows me to avoid having RC4 insisting I missed waypoints if I had to select a different departure procedure. Regards,David Vega

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

I also recommend FSBuild. When using RC4, I keep out the departure procedures from the FSBuild-generated plan. I insert those directly on the FMS based on the current runway. This allows me to avoid having RC4 insisting I missed waypoints if I had to select a different departure procedure. Regards,David Vega
Not an expert by any means, but if you want to use a departure procedure, don't you have to inform RC4 of that procedure meaning it has to be in the .pln file when you srart up RC4? Otherwise tou may enter a SID directly into the FMS, but RC4 could have other ideas as there are usually more than one sid available for the departure runway you are assigned. No?

Rick Hobbs

I tell RC4 that I will execute a departure procedure in the Controller / Flight Options. Pressing the button Controller Info, and then on the departure column, selecting either No Altitude Rest, or Alt Restrictions. RC4 will allow me to execute any departure procedure as long as I end up on the route first way point. Regards,David

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

Been using FSBuild for years.Just created a plan KMCO-KLAS. Used Routefinder from within FSBuild for the current navdata cycle. I just copy and paste the route data (less Airports) from Route Finder to FSBuild. When I press cntrl V the whole works is instantly built and inserted into PMDG.s FP dir. Don't have to press build/generate etc.Many captains seem to have problems getting FSBuild to save flight plans to the proper PMDG FP. directory. Go to FSBuild's site and download the movie.Buck Bolduc

I use vRoute Premium. however when I fly for my Virtual Airline, I use www.simroutes.com to generate the flight plan file by pasting the route details provided by my VA into the generator on simroutes. This then gives you an option to download the PMDG flight plan as well as a flight plan for FSX and other sims.Rynardt

Rynardt Spies

Site: www.virtualvcp.com | Twitter: @rynardtspies

Another FSBuild user of a few years now. Its stood the test of time for me so far and earned its price a few times over.Steve

FSBuild for me, too.One question about adding DP/STARS to the filed route. I fly mostly within the USA, where the DP/STAR is normally added to the flight plan.The clearance delivery controller (and the arrival controller) rarely change it. I can't recall how it works in other parts of the world. Do the controllers always give you the specific DP (during clearance), and STAR (during the arrival), This would explain filing only the actual route part of it, and leaving the DP/STAR to be added later, based on what the controller advises.

Can anyone recommend a good tutorial or video on how to build a route the thing I get confused with is adding the Sid stars and which ones to choose I'm trying to find the best way to learn it so it can be a template for any route I want to plan so to speak even though each route is different, thanks. Wayne

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART