Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Flight1 C162 Skycatcher is out (and $5 off)

Downloaded and installed. Reading the manual as i type this and then off to ORBX NZSI. Screenshots to follow.

Guest Bill (Cappy) Johnson

Bert thanks for the link, this looks to be a nice deal.

45 minutes into my 1st flight and having a blast. Gotta love those huge door windows. Awesome for VFR flying and sightseeing.Cruise speed is just right also. The Garmin suite is really good and with just the right amount of data to work with. But then again, this is a plane to look outside the windshield and enjoy!Thus far, thumbs up to Flight1

Fantastic!!! If it's half as good as the T182 or Mustang it'll be Superb!!

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Too little and too slow for me... :(
Exactly Steffen. To each its own.For me, it's just perfect. At least for 80% of the type of virtual flying I do.

Just got the A36, so looks like will have to put this in the hangar as well. Thanks for the HU Bert.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

If you make it $10 off you will get 3x the customers.

If you make it $10 off you will get 3x the customers.
Its already priced at the level of a Carenado addon!

How about the framerate? I'm very concern. Is it better than the 182? How about compare with the default 172?Thank you!

Its already priced at the level of a Carenado addon!
Agreed, at $30 it's an excellent value. I'll probably pass because it's not really my type of flying (slow hehe) but it looks great.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Bought it late last night. Only had time for a quick flight (and none for screenshots, sorry) but it's a nice package. Performance is good - on par with the 182. Atmosphere is similar - it's a factory-fresh airplane, not a lived-in one like the Aerosoft/4X Katana. Immersion isn't quite on that level but not much else is. For LSA's I'd also recommend Ant's Tecnam Sierra but for good handling, the view and the glass, this one is very satisfying. Recommended.

GA pistons are my thing, so with great anticipation I bought it last night and did a quick 30 minute flight. My first impressions:1) The thing looks great inside and out (except for the silly bug splats which I quickly turned off). Visually it's what you'd expect from a high-end add-on.2) It doesn't look like you can control the PFD from the VC (someone correct me if I'm wrong). I was only able to set the heading bug via the 2D pop-up.3) There is definitely a performance hit vs. default aircraft. I have vsync turned on so it's hard for me to tell how much, but even in a rural area I was getting constant little stutters which meant my FPS was dropping below the 30FPS it's usually locked at. (I don't yet have the Mustang or T182T, so I can't compare how the 162 stacks up to those.)4) The flight model seemed excellent in cruise and slow flight, but on final approach I had to put in quite a bit of power even though I was "high as a kite" on final. I don't know if that's normal for 162, never having flown one. That was just one flight, one landing, so more investigation is needed.Overall I'm happy with it and am going to keep it. I think it's going to be a fun little craft to fly on occasion, although at this point I don't think it'll ever be my default aircraft.