Sign in to follow this  
CoolP

That Bronco has arrived!

Below the Comm radio there are two knobs.One for setting freq in whole steps (left one) and one to set the decimal (right one)The left knob is actluaaly two knobs. the very lower part ist the On/Off switch and the upper part the freq setting knob.
Thanks FinnJ !I can now see the switch (it is hard to spot) and can now get a green tick in the checklist :(. That was driving me nuts.~ Martin

I can now see the switch (it is hard to spot) and can now get a green tick in the checklist :(. That was driving me nuts.
Did you notice that neat feature to right click the checklist items? He then turns the knobs and switches for you, which would allow spotting them. You can even do this more than once. Bit of cheating first, but helpful indeed.

Did you notice that neat feature to right click the checklist items? He then turns the knobs and switches for you, which would allow spotting them. You can even do this more than once. Bit of cheating first, but helpful indeed.
I hadn't noticed that feature. I'll try not to use it unless I really have to but very helpful if I do get stuck. Thanks for the tip.

Wow I had not noticed that, neat feature thanks for pointing it out (also good reminder I need to RTFM)

--John near KPAE

Don't hold out. Aerosoft included it in their 25% Christmas sale! They also announced the price will be increased after the update, so if you want it get it now.
I didn't, only lasted a day longer before I pulled the trigger. Really nice aircraft and am looking forward to some new liveries in the new year. With it's STOL capability, great visibility,wide performance envelope, and a very useful cargo capacity, this might just be my aircraft of choice for my solo (no A/I) AirHauler company/career. It works very well in the Orbx NA regions. No buyer's remorse at all.

RE Thomason Jr.

Hi fellas,I've been reading this thread with a lot of interest as I have a Quest Kodiak that I really enjoy and the Bronco appears to have a lot of the same stol capabilities coupled with more speed and a good looking VC. I would be very interested in getting a few comments from those of you who are Kodiak pilots and who have tried the Bronco. What do you think? How about a little comparison regarding flight characteristics, handling, etc. Don't get me wrong, I'm not asking for a full-blown review (although I, and I suspect a bunch others would love to read one), just a few comments from those of you who have flown both and feel you can compare.Thanks!John

John, Don't think it would be fair to compare both (Kodiak vs Bronco) at least in term of rw utility, usage, etc.But strickly "simming" speaking, i can safely say that the Bronco is quite ahead of the Kodiak in several aspects (vc textures, FDE, etc). This of course is strickly a personal opinion, and i still enjoy my virtual Kodiak. But since you were looking for a comparaison, that''s my take on it.

How about a little comparison regarding flight characteristics, handling, etc.
the bronco is a lot more 'squirrely' i'd say... it's a military plane so a lot more power, can do rolls and stuff...in terms of modeling the VC is much more advanced it's quite excellent, also the electric and engine systems are much more complex in their simulation. the gps is much less sophisticated and there's no autopilot (although you can ctrl-z it still) but it's such a nimble flyer doing things like ILS approaches manually is a snap.check out this video to get an idea of what it's capable of: http://player.vimeo.com/video/28244509that's the aircraft livery that is modeledcheers-andy crosby

It sure is a funny duck. The maneuverability is incredible. I thought he was going to flatten out on the landing, but he pulled a sharp flare and set er down.Bob

Thanks fellas,I really appreciate the input! How about the documentation? That's the rub with the Kodiak as I see it. I would have liked to see a more extensive manual provided rather than having to search around for the necessary RW docs.cheers,John

Thanks fellas,I really appreciate the input! How about the documentation? That's the rub with the Kodiak as I see it. I would have liked to see a more extensive manual provided rather than having to search around for the necessary RW docs.cheers,John
This is actually an early release as a Christmas present from Aerosoft. The real aircraft with more refinements, more liveries, flight manual additions, more performance charts, paint kit, etc. will be added as a free upgrade in January or February. This was an intentional decision to get the aircraft in our hands early.The Christmas release was also deeply discounted and the price will be higher in January with the full deal. Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Aaah ha! Thank you Ray! I missed that fact entirely. I am thrilled with the Kodiak and the thought of getting the more complete package in the coming months is great news!Thanks for sending that info along!JohnBTW, I picked up the Bronco and the manual is great. Lots of good info. I believe there is little chance of getting those engines started successfully and getting the props to "bite" some air so you can taxi if you don't sit down and get through it at least one time before you attempt to sit in the cockpit and fire er up!I did run across an interesting problem (translation: I'm either doing something wrong or I'm not doing something I should be doing). I was successful in starting her up and taxiing out to the active. I took off with little fanfare, did a couple of circuits and brought her back all in one piece - only to find I was virtually unable to steer her once I had her back on the runway and slowed down. Must be a switch I left off or something I did not turn on in the first place. I note the nose gear utilizes hydraulic power. I will get into the manual again to see if I can find the solution.

Aaah ha! Thank you Ray! I missed that fact entirely. I am thrilled with the Kodiak and the thought of getting the more complete package in the coming months is great news!Thanks for sending that info along!JohnBTW, I picked up the Bronco and the manual is great. Lots of good info. I believe there is little chance of getting those engines started successfully and getting the props to "bite" some air so you can taxi if you don't sit down and get through it at least one time before you attempt to sit in the cockpit and fire er up!I did run across an interesting problem (translation: I'm either doing something wrong or I'm not doing something I should be doing). I was successful in starting her up and taxiing out to the active. I took off with little fanfare, did a couple of circuits and brought her back all in one piece - only to find I was virtually unable to steer her once I had her back on the runway and slowed down. Must be a switch I left off or something I did not turn on in the first place. I note the nose gear utilizes hydraulic power. I will get into the manual again to see if I can find the solution.
Nope...Probably too hard a landing !Max V/S is 850 ft/minFinn

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX4070 12GB, 1 x 1TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD, 1x 2TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home, Meta Quest 3