Sign in to follow this  
CoolP

That Bronco has arrived!

we'll see how long the will power holds out.
Didn't last long. :(

- Aaron

Didn't last long. :(
I would agree with you LOL. Please let us know what you think when you get a chance.Bob

verdict: excellent aircraft, worth the wait. performance is great, vc, modeling top-notch. gps isn't as fancy as the rxp430/530 but works well and i'm sold on it. looking forward to the release of the usmc/af models after the holidays.

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Holy mackerel! Now that was fun! I found six was to Sunday to mess up the engine starting, systems startup, etc, but once I got going it was a real kick zipping around in an aircraft you can see almost 360 degrees in. The checklist is nice and does indeed help with proper procedure, but it's still a complicated aircraft to be learned before a quick start is possible. That is unless you select the ready to taxi selection from the configuration, but that's no fun though. LOL.gifShe is a quick sucker too. In no time I was cooking along at 240kts, buzzing the lovely hot air balloons at S43, wreaking havoc on what was probably a pretty peaceful ride until I came along. I will say that the engine sounds lack a little for me, and I look forward to a rework as the buzz on their forums seem to indicate is coming. That and maybe some model options where I don't have a 50 kiloton bomb strapped to my belly might be nice given the possibility of neglecting the gear after a beer or two. That may rearrange some otherwise nice terrain and wildlife unnecessarily.Really a great package though from what my first couple of hours have shown, and I can see having some real fun doing some tight valley shooting at way too fast speeds for a little virtual adrenaline. Very happy with the purchase.

- Aaron

Great to read that not resisting the forces turned out good, Aaron. :(

Just got it, and love it, the VC is to...die...for. (better than the birddog... if that's possible!)Have no problems with anything, everything works out of the (virtual) box nicely, the checklist is suburb!If I was to be picky: engine sound could use a touch of bass as its a little sharp on the ear, but I'll play more with my own sound settings before commenting further as I may be wrong

It's indeed a great bird. I really love the speed range that it offers. You can stroll along at 90-100 knots to have a closer look at something or your can zoom across the landscape with 280 knots. Both speeds, and all values in between, are perfectly controllable. Combined with the excellent cockpit, the great view all around, the very nice flight model and the realistic engine managment it's a real winner. Not to mention the quirky character of the aircraft. It's definitely something special. I mentioned somwhere else: it feels a bit like flying the dropship from the movie Aliens. :D

Anyone using it in Airhauler; just wondering what its specs are?Since I obviously can't fly this for my VA it would most likely get used in AH to explore new and old scenery, Orbx New Zealand comes to mind.No doubt I'm going to purchase but might hold out for the update

RE Thomason Jr.

thanks for the heads up on this plane... i hadn't heard of it. really fun flyer! and cool lookin' too. i'm loving this trend of more and more planes getting custom coded modeling for the engines.cheers, -andy crosby

Anyone using it in Airhauler; just wondering what its specs are?Since I obviously can't fly this for my VA it would most likely get used in AH to explore new and old scenery, Orbx New Zealand comes to mind.No doubt I'm going to purchase but might hold out for the update
Don't hold out. Aerosoft included it in their 25% Christmas sale! They also announced the price will be increased after the update, so if you want it get it now.

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

For anyone with military aircraft sensitivities, the real Bronco is now in use for fire service support and law enforcement.

thanks for the heads up on this plane... i hadn't heard of it. really fun flyer!
True that is. Nice shots there. I'm still impressed about the rather low price and the really high quality so far. Took a bit to get used to her, but I'd say it's definitely a keeper.

Quality all around...Feels SO GOOD to buy an FS add-on at that (low?) price and don't end up at the end of the first day asking yourself why the graphics look so poor... Or how you can enhance/edit those textures to make it look nicer... Or wondering if TSS made a soundpack for (another 15 bucks yeah!!!)...Quality payware.A BIG thank you to the guys at Aerosoft (and other devs) for producing QUALITY ADD-ONS like this one...

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

The Bronco is a great aircraft.A quick question to all the other Bronco owners. Has anyone found the switch to turn VHF COMM off? I can't. Going through the Cockpit Check in the checklist that's the only item (no. 29) I can't get a green tick.Thanks, Martin

The Bronco is a great aircraft.A quick question to all the other Bronco owners. Has anyone found the switch to turn VHF COMM off? I can't. Going through the Cockpit Check in the checklist that's the only item (no. 29) I can't get a green tick.Thanks, Martin
Below the Comm radio there are two knobs.One for setting freq in whole steps (left one) and one to set the decimal (right one)The left knob is actluaaly two knobs. the very lower part ist the On/Off switch and the upper part the freq setting knob.The smae is done on the Nav radio beside it. On that the right knob is also in two parts, the lower one for switching Nav ident sound On/Off and upper for setting the decimal freq.Hard to spot, but according to the real units.FinnJ

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX4070 12GB, 1 x 1TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD, 1x 2TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home, Meta Quest 3