Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Movieman162

SP1b OOM Issue's

Hi guys, For me the holidays are here and I am hoping to get caught up with some NGX flying after having only enjoyed this plane in short after release. Downloaded SP1b and hit the EGKK-EHAM Tutorial to refresh my memory with Auto-land procedures and basic in flight operations. Unfortunatly a few OOM's have been ruining my experience since SP1b installation. Firstly I took off from EGKK and only got as far as the DET D5 with its 6000ft restriction before i was randomly forced to desktop (without any dialog popup). I checked my settings against the manual (HIMEMFIX is on) and reduced some sliders. Up again and got as far as EH608 on the EHAM approach (so painfully close to landing) and this time a OOM confirmed with the you have run out of available memory dialog. At this point my first thought was to take my bcdedit down another notch however i am already at 2368 (only 2304 remains before NickN says the problem is elswhere). My specs are below and as you can see i run 8GB memory on W7 64bit so no problem there. Any help would really be appreciated. Thanks

Tim Heptinstall
Airports I have been to: Doncaster Robin Hood Airport EGCN, East Midlands (EGNX), Manchester (EGCC), Tenerife South/Reina Sofia Airport (GCTS), Fuerteventura Airport (GCFV), New York John F Kennedy International Airport (KJFK)
Aircraft I have travelled on: 737-800 (Thomson), 737-800WL (Thomson, Ryanair), 757-200 (Thomson, Thomas Cook), 757-200WL (Thomson, Thomas Cook, American Airlines), De Havilland Dragon Rapide (Classic Wings G-AIYR).

Currently studying Aeronautical Engineering at Sheffield Hallam University (UK). Applying for medicals to start PPL soon. Message me if you would like to share stories/progress. 

What type of graphics card do you have? A GTX 580 is not enough info. Is it Asus, MSI, Gigabyte, EVGA? How much memory does it have? Because 3GB memory can cause these issues.

Arjen Vandervelde

Its an Inno3D 1.5Gb card overclocked from the company i brought it and the PC from (overclockersUK).

Tim Heptinstall
Airports I have been to: Doncaster Robin Hood Airport EGCN, East Midlands (EGNX), Manchester (EGCC), Tenerife South/Reina Sofia Airport (GCTS), Fuerteventura Airport (GCFV), New York John F Kennedy International Airport (KJFK)
Aircraft I have travelled on: 737-800 (Thomson), 737-800WL (Thomson, Ryanair), 757-200 (Thomson, Thomas Cook), 757-200WL (Thomson, Thomas Cook, American Airlines), De Havilland Dragon Rapide (Classic Wings G-AIYR).

Currently studying Aeronautical Engineering at Sheffield Hallam University (UK). Applying for medicals to start PPL soon. Message me if you would like to share stories/progress. 

Its an Inno3D 1.5Gb card overclocked from the company i brought it and the PC from (overclockersUK).
Go to your FSX.cfg, somewhere in there you should see a line called [DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580.0] Below this add this line:VideoMemoryOverride=1610612736Also, I recommend you put card back into the default clocksettings, as you say, that's it's overclocked.

Arjen Vandervelde

Ok thankyou so much for the quick response. Will take a look at you first suggestion as the latter will involve me learning the software that the company used to set the overclock (ie saving it so it can be returned to in games other than FSX). Any problems and I will come back either tomorrow or sometime between the 25th and new years. Thanks and have a nice holiday.

Tim Heptinstall

Hi guys,For me the holidays are here and I am hoping to get caught up with some NGX flying after having only enjoyed this plane in short after release. Downloaded SP1b and hit the EGKK-EHAM Tutorial to refresh my memory with Auto-land procedures and basic in flight operations. Unfortunatly a few OOM's have been ruining my experience since SP1b installation. Firstly I took off from EGKK and only got as far as the DET D5 with its 6000ft restriction before i was randomly forced to desktop (without any dialog popup). I checked my settings against the manual (HIMEMFIX is on) and reduced some sliders.
I believe the wording should be HIGHMEMFIX not HIMEMFIX. One works, the other doesn't

John Veldthuis

Specs: ASUS X79-DELUXE | Intel Core i7-5960X Extreme @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte GeForce GTX980 | 32GB Ram | Cooler Master HAF 932 case | ASUS PB279Q, 4K UHD, 27" Monitor | Windows 8.1 | Segate 2x2TB 7200rpm drives, SanDisk 2x256GB SSD| Corsair Hydro Series H105, Watercooling kit

I believe the wording should be HIGHMEMFIX not HIMEMFIX. One works, the other doesn't
+1, as per page 0.0.12 of the Intro manual.

Jack Urie

At this point my first thought was to take my bcdedit down another notch however i am already at 2368 (only 2304 remains before NickN says the problem is elswhere). My specs are below and as you can see i run 8GB memory on W7 64bit so no problem there.
This sounds like you have UserVA set, which is only used with 32-bit operating systems. Setting it in a 64-bit environment has no effect.If you're using high-def clouds, you may want to back down the texture size (start with 512 x 512) while you work through this.Is this a single-monitor config?

Bob Scott | AVSIM Forums Administrator | AVSIM Board of Directors
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System: i9-10900K @ 5.2GHz on custom water loop, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, 32GB GSkill 3600MHz CAS15, EVGA RTX3090 XC3 Ultra
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x NVME 2x SATA Samsung SSD, EVGA 1KW PSU, 1Gbps internet
SoundBlaster XFi Titanium, TOSLINK to Yamaha RX-V467 HT Rcvr, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf spkrs, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensors, Coolermaster HAF932 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Actually It does say HIMEMFIX on page 0.00.12 of the manual. Unless it has been updated since? No hi-def clouds just the standard FSX clouds. Sliders set again as per manual reccomendation. And I am running a single monitor setup. As for userVA just re-read the guide and yes you are correct it is only for 32bit (oops) so I will reset that value back (is 2048 correct?). Thanks

Tim Heptinstall

Actually It does say HIMEMFIX on page 0.00.12 of the manual. Unless it has been updated since?Thanks
Yes it does but it is wrong. Do a search on HIGHMEMFIX and HIMEMFIX. You will soon see which one is right.

John Veldthuis

Specs: ASUS X79-DELUXE | Intel Core i7-5960X Extreme @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte GeForce GTX980 | 32GB Ram | Cooler Master HAF 932 case | ASUS PB279Q, 4K UHD, 27" Monitor | Windows 8.1 | Segate 2x2TB 7200rpm drives, SanDisk 2x256GB SSD| Corsair Hydro Series H105, Watercooling kit

As for userVA just re-read the guide and yes you are correct it is only for 32bit (oops) so I will reset that value back (is 2048 correct?).
My understanding is that the UserVA value is ignored by 64-bit Windows if set. Default on a 32-bit system is 2048.

Bob Scott | AVSIM Forums Administrator | AVSIM Board of Directors
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System: i9-10900K @ 5.2GHz on custom water loop, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, 32GB GSkill 3600MHz CAS15, EVGA RTX3090 XC3 Ultra
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x NVME 2x SATA Samsung SSD, EVGA 1KW PSU, 1Gbps internet
SoundBlaster XFi Titanium, TOSLINK to Yamaha RX-V467 HT Rcvr, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf spkrs, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensors, Coolermaster HAF932 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Ok HIGHMEMFIX it is and will leave UserVA. Just a small update, things seem to be going well. Since my last post I have completed the tutorial flight twice with full success (got all the way to park and shutdown). The videomemoryoverride seemed to help. Will adjust HIMEMFIX to HIGHMEMFIX soon but as i said no problems to report. The real test will be after tomorrow when I start buying addon scenery (AS Corfu me thinks).

Tim Heptinstall

Ok HIGHMEMFIX it is and will leave UserVA.Just a small update, things seem to be going well. Since my last post I have completed the tutorial flight twice with full success (got all the way to park and shutdown). The videomemoryoverride seemed to help. Will adjust HIMEMFIX to HIGHMEMFIX soon but as i said no problems to report.The real test will be after tomorrow when I start buying addon scenery (AS Corfu me thinks).
HighMemfix=1, fix the skeleton that could occur in FSX only./ Leffe

Leif A Mikkelsen

I also have constant issues with the skeleton problem in virtual cockpit and external view and constantly ruins flights. Just had the virtual cockpit just completely disappear today after just saving the flight before starting descent. I would have expected my set up to cope with high graphics settings.I've made the PMDG recommended adjustments to the cfg file like HighMemFix etc but to no avail.

Steve

System setup -

Win 7 64bit

Intel i5-2500k

8GB Ram

Asrock Z68-Pro3

Saitek X52 Stick and Throttle

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti

Go to your FSX.cfg, somewhere in there you should see a line called [DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580.0]Below this add this line:VideoMemoryOverride=1610612736Also, I recommend you put card back into the default clocksettings, as you say, that's it's overclocked.
I have more or less similar system as the OP and recently started getting this out of available memory message. It appears exactly on touchdown in a very dense scenery airport.The VideoMemoryOverride line in the fsx.cfg started giving the out of available memory message on the load sceen.. Something is not exactly right but what can it be?.. Any ideas?

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

fs2crew777.jpg

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

43%
    $10,950.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now