Sign in to follow this  
Aaron Murray

Is XP-10 (Hawaii) scenery better then FLIGHTS' (Hawaii)?

[sarcasm]Wow!!!! XP10 looks amazing! So much better than Flight in every way. Look at that accurate coast line in the first shot. How did they get it so accurate? Man, I had it all wrong. X-Plane wins![/sarcasm] :(

Brandon Filer

[sarcasm]Wow!!!! XP10 looks amazing! So much better than Flight in every way. Look at that accurate coast line in the first shot. How did they get it so accurate? Man, I had it all wrong. X-Plane wins![/sarcasm] :(
:( :( B)

HelloXP10 does not look that much better than FS9, in fact the color pallete is just really strange. Looks like an alien world to me.FlightXP10FSXJust LOL LOL.gif

Yep, now you see my frustration. Oh well, I'll gladly take donations for the laugh though! LOL.gif I kinda write this one off as a "learning" experience.

Thanks for posting the pics mad dog. Wow, I can see it now. XP-10 is not that much better than FS9. I wont even bother comparing it to Flight. I will lay-off from buying it and waith for Flight and see the overall product. If anyone has more comparison shots please post them!

If Microsoft just concentrates on Hawaii in Flight and then low detail in other areas, then I think its unfair to compare XPX with Flight. One thing I really cannot accept is, the default FSX looks so much more detail than XPX in Hawaii area.

You guys are going to hate me for this post sorry, would be interested in Brendon (HughesMDflyer4) view on this with the screenshot comparions done so far.We've seen in Flight as a whole that the colour palatte used is much more natural than in the past and it's been a big bug bearer for me to see some of the current crop of simulators completely nail the natural colour look and to see FSX and Flight use odd colours that makes the images completely un-natural.An example of simulators IMHO with good use of natural colours would be A10 Warthog and Wings of Prey where the terain and sky colours look natural but also match up and don't look bolted together by a rendering engine.In isolation for the three images posted, I would say X-Plane 10 has better natural colours overall than FSX and Flight. The images do appear to be taken at different times of the day which makes comparisons unfair. The Flight image in this case is one of the few images which for me the colours simply do not work. I couldn't say the same for X-Plane but I've seen some X-Plane images as well where the colours look off, but more often than not they look really good.FSX colour palette is awful, strange water colours, clouds, terrain, often colours are not only wrong but tend to be over saturated and some times the whole lot looks a complete mess. Flight is moving in the right direction but still some images look odd and I'll have to admit it but X-Planes colour palette definately has the edge in this regards for me.I'm in the belief that Flight textures and renderings are still being worked on and certainly some of the earlier images could be using textures which are in the process of being updated, so I wouldn't want to draw any firm conclusions right now. Fight has some really nice effects and I hope the concious effort which is obvously apparent to use more natural colours will continue and we'll have a product which will look great where ever or when ever we choose to fly.Cheers,Dave.

wow, what kind of discussion is this here? it's time that you guys get the flight beta... bye
What?? :(

You guys are going to hate me for this post sorry, would be interested in Brendon (HughesMDflyer4) view on this with the screenshot comparions done so far.We've seen in Flight as a whole that the colour palatte used is much more natural than in the past and it's been a big bug bearer for me to see some of the current crop of simulators completely nail the natural colour look and to see FSX and Flight use odd colours that makes the images completely un-natural.An example of simulators IMHO with good use of natural colours would be A10 Warthog and Wings of Prey where the terain and sky colours look natural but also match up and don't look bolted together by a rendering engine.In isolation for the three images posted, I would say X-Plane 10 has better natural colours overall than FSX and Flight. The images do appear to be taken at different times of the day which makes comparisons unfair. The Flight image in this case is one of the few images which for me the colours simply do not work. I couldn't say the same for X-Plane but I've seen some X-Plane images as well where the colours look off, but more often than not they look really good.FSX colour palette is awful, strange water colours, clouds, terrain, often colours are not only wrong but tend to be over saturated and some times the whole lot looks a complete mess. Flight is moving in the right direction but still some images look odd and I'll have to admit it but X-Planes colour palette definately has the edge in this regards for me.I'm in the belief that Flight textures and renderings are still being worked on and certainly some of the earlier images could be using textures which are in the process of being updated, so I wouldn't want to draw any firm conclusions right now. Fight has some really nice effects and I hope the concious effort which is obvously apparent to use more natural colours will continue and we'll have a product which will look great where ever or when ever we choose to fly.Cheers,Dave.
I was actually quite surprised to see that X-Plane was so inaccurate. I thought it would be off, but it doesn't even come close. I may have to hop into FS9 and grab a shot from there so we can compare, but even FSX is definitely more accurate than X-Plane 10. Does it look better? That's debatable. In some ways yes, but in other ways, no.Hard to say which has more natural colors. Flight seems to vary greatly in its color palette. Overall, I'd say Flight looks more realistic regarding color. X-Plane just doesn't look right to me.

Brandon Filer

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.